Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    @JohnInCarolina You making a side trip to see henapple??
    Enjoy playing with the big boy toys.
    Safe travels-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,726
    At the airport.  Flying out to Oakland today. Spending a couple of days with the technical staff members at LLNL.  

Connecting through Phoenix, so I’ll miss the Popeye’s at the world’s greatest airport, sadly. 
    Eater did a writeup on the World’s Greatest Airport. A handy guide for your next pass through. 

https://atlanta.eater.com/2014/11/20/7254811/atlanta-airport-dining-hartsfield-jackson-international
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    The spicy sandwich is on point. 
    I typically always get the spicy version of whatever I'm getting, but I feel like their "spicy" sauce isn't that great.  This might be the one time I prefer the regular one.  However, I do agree it's 100x better than the chic fil a.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Eating the last bit of turkey salad for lunch on a fresh Kong’s Hawaiian roll  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,502
    Loading ESXi onto bare metal HP. Linux servers to come
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Waiting to get called in to Grand Jury duty. Hoping I can talk my way out of this. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lousubcap said:

Yes indeed, assuming I can manage to acquire a rental car sometime THIS CENTURY.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    @DMW I’m in Nashville. Taylor told me to tell you hello and that she misses you. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    lousubcap said:

Yes indeed, assuming I can manage to acquire a rental car sometime THIS CENTURY.
    PHX does have several very good restaurants. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap said:

Pay attention, hippy, he’s in Oakland.  Layover in PHX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    JIC - why are you driving from Phoenix? That’s a full day drive to NorCal from there.
    Not a felon
  • Legume said:
    JIC - why are you driving from Phoenix? That’s a full day drive to NorCal from there.
    Apparently I’m just not paying attention.
  • Waiting to get called in to Grand Jury duty. Hoping I can talk my way out of this. 
    Just tell them you’re a university professor.  That always seems to do the trick for me.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Grilling a smorgasbord 

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • ColtsFan
    Bummed. Our Senior Systems Administrator announced his early retirement today.

He's been one hell of a resource to have around. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,212
    edited December 2019
    I made some mushroom Swiss burgers on the small BGE tonight. The first time in a long time where I've done burgers on the egg. Smash burgers on the Blackstone have pretty much replaced all other burgers here at the house. I forgot how much burgers shrink on the grill. Almost didn't cover the bun. It's been awhile....

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    lousubcap said:

He could have eaten at one of the good ones on his layover....or perhaps catch one on the way back. I was dialed in brother. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap said:

He could have eaten at one of the good ones on his layover....or perhaps catch one on the way back. I was dialed in brother. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Fresh today caught redfish on the halfshell.
     A bit bummed today, I had to take my favorite goat (a wether) to the auction house this morning.
     He had turned into a bully and it was getting out of hand.  I will miss walking with him, he enjoyed a sip of beer as long as it wasn't to hoppy.

Certainly sorry to hear the goat had to go. But I have to ask, are you 100% certain that he was wethered? Castration normally calms even the rowdiest down. Just asking because I have never seen it happen. Not saying it can’t. I just haven’t experienced it first hand. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Watching the Buckeyes put a beat down on the Tarheels

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH said:
     A bit bummed today, I had to take my favorite goat (a wether) to the auction house this morning.
     He had turned into a bully and it was getting out of hand.  I will miss walking with him, he enjoyed a sip of beer as long as it wasn't to hoppy.

Certainly sorry to hear the goat had to go. But I have to ask, are you 100% certain that he was wethered? Castration normally calms even the rowdiest down. Just asking because I have never seen it happen. Not saying it can’t. I just haven’t experienced it first hand. 
    Very good question my friend, and we always wondered about that. He was banded and pretty far along when we got him. It is possible they missed one. 
     That said he never smelled like a billy, I won’t get into describing what a billy does when he is in the rut but I never saw any of that behavior. 
      He was always testing swmbo to the point I had to get her a prod, and he really had it out for my Nigerian dwarf nanny. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    Waiting to get called in to Grand Jury duty. Hoping I can talk my way out of this. 
    Just tell them you’re a university professor.  That always seems to do the trick for me.
    thats a different approach, last time i just stood up and said cops lie, then i was called up to the bench to talk to the judge, prosecutor, and defense lawyer. simply said to the judge that cops lie and you know it. they sent me back down to the room to wait for the afternoon judge. seem to be called in every 1 to 3 years. bring lots of snacks if you are in an area that puts you in a windowless basement room and holds you hostage. the room in salem ma is next to the cages so you can talk to the prisoners while you wait, telling the judge you talked to the guy for 3 hours works as well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited December 2019
    @JohnInCarolina . Hunting sweat shirts. Niece plays for BCU and is coming to Cameron on Sunday
    for some Blue Devil love. Kid's an assassin from the arc. Cameron's not a fun place wearing opposing colors. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    edited December 2019
    Just made biscuits and gravy with my last lb of homemade breakfast sausage. Opened a new carton of milk. As soon as it hit the hot pan the aroma of sour/vinegar hit me.

Fudge. New carton with an expiration of 1/20/20

Mostly bummed about the sausage 

• DoubleEgger
    Just a basic ol’ cheeseburger with some sweet potato chips. I still have ten fingers too. 

• DoubleEgger
    One of my absolute favorite things. Chocolate covered Bugles. I have no idea why they don’t sell this in the US. The wife orders some for me every year from Finland.