Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• At Duke’s HOF:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,725
    WeberWho said:
    Nothing like some major procrastination to get the body moving @WeberWho
    @DoubleEgger Kind of seems like it. My wife and I painted our house this summer. Plus all the trim ane sophits. We just finished up a few weeks ago. I wish I could say I had a bunch of extra time to work on the smoker but unfortunately the house took up the whole summer.  

So I'm left scrambling with the smoker now. I've been picking away on it the last week or two. We are helping another family with a Thanksgiving meal. So I'm committed now or I'd just do our turkey and ham on the eggs. The extra meal is the push to get it done. It does help to have a deadline though....
    I assume you got everything back together? Hope you and your family had a Blessed Thanksgiving. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @theyolksonyou

Chris (that you met at the lake) went out with is son and a stuntman buddy and they caught the fish yesterday morning.   I just cleaned and cooked, and froze a bunch.

Chris (that you met at the lake) went out with is son and a stuntman buddy and they caught the fish yesterday morning.   I just cleaned and cooked, and froze a bunch.
    I know.  😎
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,212
    WeberWho said:
    Nothing like some major procrastination to get the body moving @WeberWho
    @DoubleEgger Kind of seems like it. My wife and I painted our house this summer. Plus all the trim ane sophits. We just finished up a few weeks ago. I wish I could say I had a bunch of extra time to work on the smoker but unfortunately the house took up the whole summer.  

So I'm left scrambling with the smoker now. I've been picking away on it the last week or two. We are helping another family with a Thanksgiving meal. So I'm committed now or I'd just do our turkey and ham on the eggs. The extra meal is the push to get it done. It does help to have a deadline though....
    I assume you got everything back together? Hope you and your family had a Blessed Thanksgiving. 
    I finished up the smoker around 1:45 that morning. Which wasn't too bad but getting up 5:45 the next morning to start the smoker wasn't the most enjoyable. I did get that "finally" moment when loading sticks into the smoker that I've been missing since last winter. Really happy to have it up and running once again.

We had a really nice low key Thanksgiving. Which was great. I hope you guys had a nice Thanksgiving as well. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,026

I've relocated quite a bit during my career, but sadly I've never been stationed on any coast.  Would love to be able to go to a local market and start with fresh ingredients like this!  
    Thanks for the pics, Carey.   :)

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• @JohnInCarolina how's that museum after they got skunked by a non ranked team? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• @JohnInCarolina how's that museum after they got skunked by a non ranked team? 
    You know it’s funny but somehow one loss doesn’t erase a lifetime of achievement:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • First time with a Pork Crown Roast. Tasty.

Tanks for lookin.
    Gawjus!
  • DoubleEgger
    13hrs in on some beef ribs. Ridiculous. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Worth every minute brother 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    SGH said:
    Worth every minute brother 👍
    Ended up being a 15hr cook. Pulled at 1:30 this morning. Looks like I’ll be making chili now. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    @DoubleEgger Dang.  I have never heard of beef ribs (even dino bones) taking that long.  With that much time invested, you need to enjoy the rib in pure form before the chili sacrifice.  Just an opinion...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497
    Making the journey back home. Paise Odin, it is to cold for me here.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,228
    Man, Clemson is about to get spanked.  ;)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,026
    Watching Michigan take O-State's shoes off.  Between this and Ole Miss dog-pissing in the end zone, mebbe time to turn off the TV and go build a snowman or something.  :angry:

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Just punched down my bread dough for the second rise. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DoubleEgger
    lousubcap said:
    @DoubleEgger Dang.  I have never heard of beef ribs (even dino bones) taking that long.  With that much time invested, you need to enjoy the rib in pure form before the chili sacrifice.  Just an opinion...
    I had a little bit last night and it was excellent. I just don’t eat plated leftovers very much so chili it is. The other package of Creekstones took forever to cook as well. I doubted myself after so much time and pulled early. It sucked. I calibrated all of the probes in the house after that. This time I let it roll until they hit a target temp rather than probing like butta.  

I like brisket better so I doubt I’ll be doing shorties anytime soon.
  • Trying to do some Christmas shopping online, pulling my hair out because every review, best search, or product search leads to Amazon. Apparently there is only one place in the whole entire internet to purchase something.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    edited November 2019
    Trying to do some Christmas shopping online, pulling my hair out because every review, best search, or product search leads to Amazon. Apparently there is only one place in the whole entire internet to purchase something.
    Yup. Just paid leads from Amazon. I quit searching for “best” a long time ago. The “best” means highest commission for the embedded links. Best for the seller, not the buyer. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    @DoubleEgger glad they finally finished.  I am not affiliated with SRF in any way but should you ever want to experience true brisket (SRF style) on a stick give these beef ribs a go:
    You will not be disappointed.   Last package of 3 that I received weighed 8.7 lbs. Very rich.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch said:
    Watching Michigan take O-State's shoes off.  Between this and Ole Miss dog-pissing in the end zone, mebbe time to turn off the TV and go build a snowman or something.  :angry:
    MSU class of 1985 myself. Mississippi State needed the win to become bowl eligible
  • Having better luck with DuckDuckGo 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    lousubcap said:
    @DoubleEgger glad they finally finished.  I am not affiliated with SRF in any way but should you ever want to experience true brisket (SRF style) on a stick give these beef ribs a go:
    You will not be disappointed.   Last package of 3 that I received weighed 8.7 lbs. Very rich.  FWIW-

Thanks but I’ll buy their brisket over shorties every time. These were Creekstone Primes so they weren’t junk. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Fahk that sux @DoubleEgger
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited November 2019
    Ohio State beating that azz again. O-H
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL