Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ride in to wife’s family gathering.  Damn long ride.
    Road soda 
    Just hit a rest area.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options

Post nap update. Chit! 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Sweet ride @lit that era vette is my favorite 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,356
    Options
    Kickin it with my homie and watch football. SWMBO went Black Friday shopping.

The hell with that. I'll pay the extra 20 bucks 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,512
    Options
    Was feeling kind of sick this morning, decided to forego cooking anything until tomorrow.  Felt better early afternoon, so tackled the over foot of snow we got last night, wow we got smacked!  
    Last winter was a banner year for our ski areas, but we never really got much snow on the valley floors, in fact I never did fire up my snowblower.  So, today, I struggled quite a bit to get my 1992 MTD snowblower running, after two idle years; finally did, and She was running rough!  She finally stalled, still had a bit of fuel in the tank but I topped Her off, and she ran like a top after that, just needed some fresh, non-ethanol gas.  
    Another storm is supposed to hit tomorrow, Whee.  

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Botch said:
    Was feeling kind of sick this morning, decided to forego cooking anything until tomorrow.  Felt better early afternoon, so tackled the over foot of snow we got last night, wow we got smacked!  
    Last winter was a banner year for our ski areas, but we never really got much snow on the valley floors, in fact I never did fire up my snowblower.  So, today, I struggled quite a bit to get my 1992 MTD snowblower running, after two idle years; finally did, and She was running rough!  She finally stalled, still had a bit of fuel in the tank but I topped Her off, and she ran like a top after that, just needed some fresh, non-ethanol gas.  
    Another storm is supposed to hit tomorrow, Whee.  
    Better you than me
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,478
    Options
    @Lit Great ride right there.  Definitely on the cutting edge at the time.  Truth be told, my favorite is the '63 split rear window hard top.  But I am old.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Capt Frank. That whole early 60s vintage is cool. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Lit Great ride right there.  Definitely on the cutting edge at the time.  Truth be told, my favorite is the '63 split rear window hard top.  But I am old.  B)
    He has had several old vettes. He had a 58 and sold it then they had a 63 and 64 and sold them and wasn’t gonna get anymore but he had always wanted a 62 and saw this one. 
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Did Franklin’s Turkey breast, didn’t quite get the color I wanted but it still tasted delicious!

Happy Thanksgiving! Duck season opens tomorrow finally!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Installed new innards. 

Egg?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,060
    Options
    Installed new innards. 

Egg?
    Yes, unless the fire ring reads “Big Green Kamado.”  😂 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Installed new innards. 

Egg?
    Yes, unless the fire ring reads “Big Green Kamado.”  😂 
    Details details...

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,041
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Ate my turkey limit and washed it down with a couple beers and MN Gopher hockey 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • wardo
    wardo Posts: 398
    Options
    The ladies are all out shopping and I'm trying to decide what if anything I should go blow some money on today...
    NC - LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    Options
    wardo said:
    The ladies are all out shopping and I'm trying to decide what if anything I should go blow some money on today...
    Shun 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,871
    Options

So today’s Black Friday, which is handy if you are Arsenal and ‘new manager’ is top of your Christmas List.  And in that spirit, let’s see who is the turkey and who is the tinsel this weekend.

Saturday lunchtime; 

Man City at Newcastle - got to be an away win.  Even patchy, by their standards, Citeh can’t leave without 3 points?  2-0 away win

Proper o’clock;

Goal shy Palace go up to Burnley who have won three nil 3 times on the bounce.  Different gravy this week for both of them.  1-1.

London derby : Chelsea v West Ham.  Home win all day long.  Super Frank’s wonder kids to win 3-0.  Pellegrini next for the chop?

Liverpool will remain firing on all cylinders to despatch Brighton 3-0 at Anfield.  Simple as. 

Spurs showed some new found bounce-back-ability mid-week to win 4-2 after a hapless first 30 minutes.  Bournemouth come to visit tomorrow and I think they will be a sterner challenge than Jose’s first two opponent.  Gritty 1-1.

Tea-time - match of the weekend. Hapless v Hopeless.  Southampton welcome Watford.  Both teams will have assumed mid-table mediocrity this season, but both can only dream of that right now.  A horrid match to watch, most likely.  A lamentable 0-0 would be about right but I fear Watford might just sneak is 0-1.  In that case,Big Ralf might start to get the jitters and fear the dreaded ‘vote of confidence’ from the Board.

Stoke lost some momentum in the week, but welcome Blackburn tomorrow.  I reckon they’ll spring back to life and take the three - or at least one.  The uprising has begun.  1-0 Stoke. 

Sunday lunchtime - ooh, interesting.  Manager-less Arsenal head to Norwich for what will be a prickly experience. The Canaries got a good win at Everton last week and will fancy more of the same against the Gunners.  Not impossible. 2-1 to Delia’s boys - just for giggles.

Two teams surprisingly comfortable in the top-half meet at 1400.  Wolves welcome Sheffield Utd and oddly few people would bet against either winning.  So its 1-1 from me. 

Super soar away Leicester will beat Everton, who are a bit rubbish.  2-0, could easily be more. Marco Silva edges closer the exit door. 

To round things off, Aston Villa got to Man Utd.  An away win and yet another manager - Ole this time, will be squirming. Luckily for him Villa have been a bit flakey and despite wine at home last Monday, I just don’t trust them to finish the job.  2-1 Utd.

Right that's your lot.  I am off to fight an 80 year old lady for a 10% discounted VHS player.  Black Friday - got to love it. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options

Didn't realize you can order direct from BGE online. Interesting development.  I missed it if it was mentioned here before. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,356
    Options
    Heading to SWMBO's family for 2nd Thanksgiving. Whipped up some sage dressing 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,478
    Options
    Sorting out my "Small Business Saturday" plans.  I will make a road trip and a few stops to support the cause.  This journey is an exception to my normal "things" acquisition process. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SmokeyLopey
    Options
    I was going to post another chicken schwarma, but it will pale in comparison to @nolaegghead's post! Looking good, man!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Just cleaned some fish, got over 10 pounds of filets.  Cooked up some redfish with a shrimp cream garnish.
    What bait did you use?