Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,381
    Options
    Trying to wrangle up three females and get out the door to start our journey to Oregon for Thanksgiving. Starting to think it is easier to chase a meth head down a dark alley at this point.
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Like herding cats...
    Options
    I was today years old when I learned that sopapillas are made from biscuit dough. I’ve owned The Feast of Santa Fe cookbook forever - and just now connected the dots. I feel dumb. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SmokeyLopey
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I was today years old when I learned that sopapillas are made from biscuit dough. I’ve owned The Feast of Santa Fe cookbook forever - and just now connected the dots. I feel dumb. 
    We are lazy and throw a flour tortilla into pan of oil on the stove. I'll have to check out a real recipe.  :)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,569
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    One of my favorite cookbooks.
    And I haven't had a decent sopapilla since leaving Albuturkey in '92....  :s

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Botch said:
    SciAggie said:
    Now you know an easy fix.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SmokeyLopey
    Options
    Mrs Lopey made rub and has put said rub on ribs. Guess I better light the egg! Turbo ribs here we come!
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Botch said:
    SciAggie said:
    Man the sopapillas at Maria’s in SantaFe are the best. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,381
    Options
    Update: got out of the house, out of town and now my daughter is driving. Praying that I don't die.
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,607
    Options
    @DoubleEgger many thanks for the $$$ shot.  Prefect edge to edge.  Way to bring it home!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    At my in-laws Thanksgiving (which is a lot like the Griswold's) I just overheard from the other room: "You know the chimpanzees in Africa have started stealing babies and eating 'em". God I love these people. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    At my in-laws Thanksgiving (which is a lot like the Griswold's) I just overheard from the other room: "You know the chimpanzees in Africa have started stealing babies and eating 'em". God I love these people. 
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/science/chimps-killing-people-in-uganda.amp
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options

Gawjus meal Michael. Hope your day / evening was awesome.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Cowboys-Pats.  not sure who to pull for.  Tie?  Could they both lose?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    @SmokeyLopey     That looks great!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,569
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Cowboys-Pats.  not sure who to pull for.  Tie?  Could they both lose?
    That looks like a cold, miserable game to be playing in, or watching in the stands.  
    I have the last quarter recording now, so I could watch the local/nat'l news (priorities!) so don't spoil it for me.   ;)

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lit said:
    My little helper with the leaf blower. 
    Can’t tell, but make sure you give him very good hearing protection. Cool. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/science/chimps-killing-people-in-uganda.amp
    Guess we know where he gets his news. Any surprise he loves NASCAR? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,846
    Options
    Put some signs up at the shop.  I find my lot totally covered with vehicles when the church or bar neighbors are whooping up a storm.
    beer/cigarette shop down the street had a resteraunt filling up his lot at night, got the idea to drill 3/8 holes in all the tire sidewalls. didnt have an idea to shut "his own" cameras off =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Wondering why someone keeps flagging me for trolling.  What the heck?
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Watched a video a few days ago of Malcom Reed smoking a Texas style turkey breast that he had sourced from a butcher shop that I frequent when in Pensacola. It looked good so decided to give it a chance today. Salt, pepper, an hour of white oak smoke, and finished in aluminum foil for 30 minutes with a stick of butter. 
    I cut up a fresh turkey and added a few sides since the wife leaves tomorrow for her parents house. 
    After an hour of smoke 
    Resting
    Sliced and plated 
    This will be put in the rotation...
    That looks great!  How did they turn out? 

By the way, what dome temperature did you use for these?
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    About to clean out and wash my Mazda. Just about a year overdue.