Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Obligatory turkey pick. Also baked an apple pie before the turkey. This along with @RRP pumpkin dessert, is my contribution to this meal.
    Las Vegas, NV

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    SGH said:
    Thanksgiving tradition. Went ahead and hung the stockings and got the tree up. 

It's a beaut. We start tomorrow  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @GATraveller you bring that and a bag of rockwood and I think I can bring that dude to life. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @GATraveller you bring that and a bag of rockwood and I think I can bring that dude to life. 
    It's my Father-in-law's....he'd probably notice.  :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    It's my Father-in-law's....he'd probably notice.  :)
    We’ll send him a jar back  =)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Wondering if I should bring this to Butt Blast. 

Not really. Just think it's cool. 
    Keep your eye on @killit_and_Grillit  ....he is thievdin. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Wondering if I should bring this to Butt Blast. 

Not really. Just think it's cool. 
    I dunno. Should be warm enough in N.C. by that time of the year. Shouldn’t need a heater. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

Second board didn’t get the same love. Pouring a drink and kickin my feet up. 

South of Nashville, TN

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit those boards make great presentation.  I’d bet my dad has some stuff layin around to make something like that. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options

Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Making one of the greatest cakes known to man. Pumpkin Spice cake. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    Shopping poultry shears. Spatched a turkey today and snapped a handle off
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5017260/uploads/editor/og/0cy5r5vnfobt.jpeg
  • SGH
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Go with these. Trust me on this one. 

This is the large 11” version.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    Don't know how many spatched turkeys per year are on your calendar but if you have a hatchet and sharpen it-no need for another one-off  specialty tool. The spatch function should be performed before any adult beverage consumption.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Don't know how many spatched turkeys per year are on your calendar but if you have a hatchet and sharpen it-no need for another one-off  specialty tool. The spatch function should be performed before any adult beverage consumption.  FWIW-
    I use the shears quite a bit for chicken. Speaking of the hatchet idea, once the shears broke, I pulled this out :) worked great, just scared SWMBO when turkey parts were flying...lol

• ColtsFan
    Options
    @theyolksonyou @SGH

Thanks fellas, shears ordered 

• SGH
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    @theyolksonyou @SGH

If you ordered the pair I posted, you won’t be disappointed. They are very heavy duty and stand up to use and abuse very well. Due to their size, they cut extremely well with very little effort.  

Status- Standing by.

• ColtsFan
    Options
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
    @theyolksonyou @SGH

If you ordered the pair I posted, you won’t be disappointed. They are very heavy duty and stand up to use and abuse very well. Due to their size, they cut extremely well with very little effort.  
    Same Victorinox style, but says 10"

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    Options
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
    @theyolksonyou @SGH

I have a similar pair. Different brand. The only issue I have is that the metal grip gets slick if your hand has a little grease or “chicken juice” on it. Your hand wants to slide on the grip. With a dry hand, they cut through yardbird like a champ. 
  • SGH
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
    @theyolksonyou @SGH

Same Victorinox style, but says 10"
    I have heard that they no longer make the 11”. But didn’t know if it was true or not. With that said, the 11” is such overkill that I’m sure a 10” version will be more than adequate.  

Status- Standing by.

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit those boards make great presentation.  I’d bet my dad has some stuff layin around to make something like that. 

@theyolksonyou  the easiest way is for your mom to buy them at Potterybarn and then you just commandeer them. But your way would work too. 

South of Nashville, TN

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    As much as I love fried turkey, cleaning out the frying pot may be my least favorite cooking chore 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Thinking about why I ate so much?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow