Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,537
    Welcome back @JohnfromKentucky .  Great selection and display setup. Enjoy those pours. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,496
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172

Don’t know the beer but know the book.   I’m on Red Sky Mourning now.   Great series!
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,163
    edited July 1
    Dyal_SC said:
    kl8ton said:

Kombucha 

@kl8ton , I searched the forum and found your pic and comment here on kombucha. Been researching it thinking about taking a crack at it. Do you recommend making your own SCOBY, or getting a starter kit?  Assuming you brew your own?
    I met a mom at a 4H meeting.  She was downing Kombuchas like they were going out of style.  She had brought a cooler full.

As she was getting drunker and drunker I asked her if she knew some of them were alcoholic.  She laughed and said her something or other guru said they were a health drink and good for her.  I then picked up an empty and showed her the ones she liked so much and made her feel
    so good were like 5%. She was so embarrassed because she had been drinking them everywhere and also driving her kids all
    over.  She said they made her feel
    great 😳🤦‍♂️

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,609
    Dyal_SC said:
    kl8ton said:

Kombucha 

@kl8ton , I searched the forum and found your pic and comment here on kombucha. Been researching it thinking about taking a crack at it. Do you recommend making your own SCOBY, or getting a starter kit?  Assuming you brew your own?
    I met a mom at a 4H meeting.  She was downing Kombuchas like they were going out of style.  She had brought a cooler full.

As she was getting drunker and drunker I asked her if she knew some of them were alcoholic.  She laughed and said her something or other guru said they were a health drink and good for her.  I then picked up an empty and showed her the ones she liked so much and made her feel
    so good were like 5%. She was so embarrassed because she had been drinking them everywhere and also driving her kids all
    great 😳🤦‍♂️
    Uhhh....that is funny.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    kl8ton said:

Kombucha 

great 😳🤦‍♂️
    Uhhh....that is funny.
    Funniest part, she finished the opened one in her hand, said well it was already open.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    Dyal_SC said:
    kl8ton said:

Kombucha 

great 😳🤦‍♂️

i thought it was less than 0.5 percent, where do they keep the good stuff. ive never seen it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Dyal_SC said:
    kl8ton said:

Kombucha 

great 😳🤦‍♂️

i thought it was less than 0.5 percent, where do they keep the good stuff. ive never seen it
    Less than 0.5% to be sold as non-alcoholic.  We have a grocery store called Sprouts that sells the alcoholic stuff right next to the regular stuff.  Most stores I see the alcoholic kombucha in the craft beer section

• Ozzie_Isaac
    One brand most places have is called June Shine.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    Dyal_SC said:
    kl8ton said:

Kombucha 

great 😳🤦‍♂️

Less than 0.5% to be sold as non-alcoholic.  We have a grocery store called Sprouts that sells the alcoholic stuff right next to the regular stuff.  Most stores I see the alcoholic kombucha in the craft beer section

will look around. even nonalcoholic beer is sold here in the beer section and the cashier has to be 21 or older
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,029

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,350
    Was in a SLT store exchanging my latest Staub Braiser, and noticed this on the shelf. Definitely recommend, just don’t like the $20+ dollar price. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    I enjoy BitterMilk and its competition Sirop de Saizon, both as simple syrup alternatives for Old Fashioned’s
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Highly Unrecommended, unless you like Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen.

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,350
    Makes for an interesting Old Fashioned when mixed at a 1:3 ratio. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,211

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    Light/lite beer has no place in Americana.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,211
    lousubcap said:

I agree. I didn't buy it but I had to try it. Hulk Hogan's new beer. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    WeberWho said:
    lousubcap said:

I agree. I didn't buy it but I had to try it. Hulk Hogan's new beer. 
    Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGSN7JVg1yQ
  • lousubcap
    Where did you find that clip??
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    Where did you find that clip??
    I just searched for “fake pbr commercial” on YouTube
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,633
    ColbyLang said:
    billt01 said:
    Picked up the Calumet 12 for my 12 yr lineup

if anyone in Ga has a store for a 1792 12 yr please let me know

Thank you
    Haven’t seen a 1792 12yr for some time. I’ll check my honey holes and let you know if I find anything 

Yahtzee!!!
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    Modelo’s on the dock. Watching it rain on the lake. 
  • I am pretty surprised at how slowly this wine has been moving out of Costco clearance at $10/bottle.  It’s one of my favorites with great precise flavor (no youthful slop) but it is a wide diameter bottom bottle that is a challenging fit in a lot of racks.  I always grab a few but this value combo is right up there for the basement case bulk buy crowd. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Happy Friday lads!

• TechsasJim

Four Roses SB
  • TechsasJim
    Not now but later.  

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 602
    It's 'relatively' hot here "heat index in the mid 90's." Idk how you guys in worse climates do it. I get it though, you ask the same when we're out snow blowing driveways when its 20 below.  

Anyways, i;ve migrated from beer to Titos and soda with some fresh squeezed lime. Refreshing, hydrating, still gets the work done.