Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Comments

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172

To prove my last post.   Go Stros
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    Legume said:
    Just a casual observation, the people that moan the loudest about the price of groceries seem to spend the most on whiskey.

...(for effect)
    I like the observation.   I will say this, I get a helluva lot more enjoyment from a glass of bourbon than I do a slice of bread.
    Easy. Easy. Bread didn’t hurt you
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:
    Legume said:
    Just a casual observation, the people that moan the loudest about the price of groceries seem to spend the most on whiskey.

...(for effect)
    I like the observation.   I will say this, I get a helluva lot more enjoyment from a glass of bourbon than I do a slice of bread.
    Easy. Easy. Bread didn’t hurt you
    Hahaha, not talking about your boutique bread amigo.   
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,029

You make one heLL of a ham sandwich man!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,633

Have the batch 34.. very nice!
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    Picked up this one @ the ABC..never seen one in the wilds of GA

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,163
    First one, excellent!
    2nd one, no bueno

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,042
    Weldworks is a great brewery, not sure I'd like that peach one in particular, but I like their beer.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina

• tau_ceti
    tau_ceti Posts: 28
    Dale’s Pale Ale, that is a great American beer,
  • ColbyLang

Saz old fashioned 
  • TechsasJim
    ColbyLang said:

Saz old fashioned 
    Yes sir!
  • TechsasJim
    Hotter than He!! Down here so moved to something refreshing.   Tito’s bk with HEB citrus infused mineral water.  

• JohnInCarolina
    Tonight’s offering, courtesy of Other Half.  

This one’s a 96 on BA, lives up to it.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,753
    Picked this up at the duty free on our way for a week of vacation at the beach in Wildwood, NJ

Never heard of it, hopefully will be good!  It is a pre-covid vintage 😂

Also got one of this

Funny thing about Texas whiskey, you either love it or hate it. I’m not a fan, but everyone has different taste buds
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,811

I typically do not like sours. This one however has grown on me after a can and a half.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,753
    ColbyLang said:
    Funny thing about Texas whiskey, you either love it or hate it. I’m not a fan, but everyone has different taste buds
    This doesn’t sound promising 🤣😂

Bowmore 12 yr old. Always been one of my favourite scotch. cracked a new bottle tonight, been such a long time since i've had one.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • billt01
    Gift from a friend who will be spending Thanksgiving with us this year. I will wait until he arrives to pop the top on this one but we had the straight bourbon a few weeks ago and it was awesome!
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• ColbyLang
    Awesome gift. Hearing rave reviews on the whole grain to glass line. Haven’t seen any locally
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 195
    Crown Royal Fine de Luxe.  I still keep a purple bag from yesteryear to store the bottle - other whiskies get decanted into crystal.  I used to drink Dark Horse out of Alberta until it was discontinued. Switched to CR, never tried the "flavoured" varieties, am tempted by the X.O. and the Single Malt varieties. 
    ~~
  • ColbyLang
    Are you in Canada? Much better offerings on both sides of the border than CR. Master distillers have gotten much better at blending whiskies in the last 10 years or so
  • zaphod
    yep, in Canada.  I'm more scotch than rye. I've been drinking scotch for decades, rye only a few years. hard to get serious about rye when there is so much nice scotch so CR usually does it for me.  But make some suggestions - I'm all liver, errrr ears.
    ~~
  • billt01
    zaphod said:
    yep, in Canada.  I'm more scotch than rye. I've been drinking scotch for decades, rye only a few years. hard to get serious about rye when there is so much nice scotch so CR usually does it for me.  But make some suggestions - I'm all liver, errrr ears.
    I had a pour of Caribou Crossing..and I think it gets a bad wrap because of us American bourbon drinkers...

as long as you go into in knowing what it is...and more importantly, what it's not...it is pretty good.
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• zaphod
    i'll keep a look out for that one. Thanks.
    ~~
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• ColbyLang
    I was gonna mainly suggest Caribou Crossing, so much better than any Crown offering I’ve ever had 
  • TechsasJim
    High Noon pineapple.   Daughter brought some over so I sampled.   Pretty refreshing in the heat

• I ain’t trippin you’re trippin how could it me cuz I never even said anything about trippin so it’s probably your idea or maybe you were trippin and it made you push your trippin on me like some kinda voodoo version of i ain’t trippin. Gimme a minute almost done stirring this French onion dip in this bowl of shoestring potatoes. Oh it automatically capitalizes French ain’t that polite