Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    Such a good bottle for the price @CTMike
  • CTMike said:
    Bottle kill:

I saw a post in a bourbon forum where someone blended KC12 with a KC single barrel 120pf. I’m going to give that one a try
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,350
    ColbyLang said:
    Such a good bottle for the price @CTMike
    Agreed, I will definitely be grabbing a couple more. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,228
    kl8ton said:

Kombucha 

@kl8ton , I searched the forum and found your pic and comment here on kombucha. Been researching it thinking about taking a crack at it. Do you recommend making your own SCOBY, or getting a starter kit?  Assuming you brew your own?
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130

Pretty Stout with a burn.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Tito’s, HEB Citrus sparkling mineral water on a rock.   

Refreshing.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,537
    @paqman - there is a whole lot to like about that magazine quality photo-the photo being one and the contents sounding great, never mind the top shelf glassware.  Sweet!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,633
    Picked up the Calumet 12 for my 12 yr lineup

if anyone in Ga has a store for a 1792 12 yr please let me know

Thank you
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• ColbyLang
    billt01 said:
    Picked up the Calumet 12 for my 12 yr lineup

if anyone in Ga has a store for a 1792 12 yr please let me know

Thank you
    Haven’t seen a 1792 12yr for some time. I’ll check my honey holes and let you know if I find anything 
  • ColbyLang said:
    Guys night. Pichana. Twice baked potatoes and a salad. No food pics, only bottles

Great bottle selection. Not sure why there is a tube of lube next to them, but I’ll ask no questions. 😂
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 195
    Bourbon slushie with a heavy over pour of rare breed and a Blackened cigar. We had an awful week. We lost Johnny on Wednesday after 11 years and I lost my grilling and drinking buddy.  I’m toasting all our best friends that we have lost. 🥃 cheers my friends

fine looking dog. Sorry for your loss.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • zaphod said:
    Bourbon slushie with a heavy over pour of rare breed and a Blackened cigar. We had an awful week. We lost Johnny on Wednesday after 11 years and I lost my grilling and drinking buddy.  I’m toasting all our best friends that we have lost. 🥃 cheers my friends

fine looking dog. Sorry for your loss.
    Thank you ❤️
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,537
    @Ragingirishman2 - always tough to address.  Unconditional love.  I'm sure you are familiar with Rainbow Bridge.  But here's link that may help:  https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,042
    ColbyLang said:
    Guys night. Pichana. Twice baked potatoes and a salad. No food pics, only bottles

Great bottle selection. Not sure why there is a tube of lube next to them, but I’ll ask no questions. 😂

Because some of the guys are new to the group.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap said:
    @Ragingirishman2 - always tough to address.  Unconditional love.  I'm sure you are familiar with Rainbow Bridge.  But here's link that may help:  https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
    Thanks Cap, this is very appreciated. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,350
    Made an Old Fashioned with Bulleit Rye and this juice mix and some Aztec Chocolate bitters. Made for an interesting drink and will likely do it again. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:

Benadryl cream. The skeeters were thick out. One of the guys got eaten alive lol
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,059
    CWS pour.   Go Vols!

How about them VOLS!
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,609
    Dyal_SC said:
    kl8ton said:

Kombucha 

@kl8ton , I searched the forum and found your pic and comment here on kombucha. Been researching it thinking about taking a crack at it. Do you recommend making your own SCOBY, or getting a starter kit?  Assuming you brew your own?

So sorry for the delay here @Dyal_SC
    I think we acquired our scoby from a friend.  My wife brewed ours.  She has been out if it probably since this photo was taken.  It was delicious though!  Sorry I could not be more help.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,228
    No worries @kl8ton , still haven’t started on a batch yet. I thought I could find unflavored raw kombucha from Publix, but to no prevail. I’ll end up ordering a starter scoby. 

Just made this outta some loose leaf from Ocracoke’s finest tea shop (Moonraker), along with some lemon juice and the peach/habanero infused honey that’s been getting happy for the last several weeks. 

That’s a habanero floater.  Freaking spicy and delicious.  Hoping it kicks this virus I got straight in the n@ds. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,609
    Dyal_SC said:
    No worries @kl8ton , still haven’t started on a batch yet. I thought I could find unflavored raw kombucha from Publix, but to no prevail. I’ll end up ordering a starter scoby. 

Just made this outta some loose leaf from Ocracoke’s finest tea shop (Moonraker), along with some lemon juice and the peach/habanero infused honey that’s been getting happy for the last several weeks. 

That’s a habanero floater.  Freaking spicy and delicious.  Hoping it kicks this virus I got straight in the n@ds. 
    NICE!  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,753

let see if I can remember how to post a picture

finally got around to visiting the distillery. In bourbon jail until Aug 3rd then can get more eh Taylor. Nice to have friends who don’t drink go along so I can get more bottles at msrp

Building up stockpile, so the duplicates of these are stashed away. 

That's a damn cool display piece! Did you build it?
  • That's a damn cool display piece! Did you build it?
    thanks, but no, I did not. Guy from Owensboro did.