Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do you do for a living?

Options

Comments

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    I'm in the military and I have been cooking for the past 28 years 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    I'm an IT Manager, musician, and an actor in a local playhouse on occasion....
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I stare out the window all day and wish I was egging.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Lit said:
    I stare out the window all day and wish I was egging.

Dont we all.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @travisstrick‌
    Brother Strick I have a huge respect for military personnel. My Grand Father on my mothers side was a lifer. He served in the Pacific Theater during WWII and later in the Korean War. Would have toured Vietnam as well but injuries prevented it. He was buried with honors and given a 7 gun salute. Forgive me for rambling and reminiscing. If you ever find yourself just this side of Biloxi, MS. give me a shout brother Struck and I will treat you to some farm raised Ribeyes and oysters for you service to country my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Retired Conservation Warden from Wisc. Went back to work for them part-time as an admin. asst. cause momma wants a remodeled kitchen and I want more toys for my egg...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Retired after 40 yrs. with the US Forest Service, Fire and Aviation Management.  At least I thought I was retired, until the contract offers started coming.  Buying my first egg tomorrow and looking forward to getting back into retirement mode with my wife and Egg
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • boochsr71
    boochsr71 Posts: 267
    Options
    4 years as an aircraft refueler in the Air Force, 23 years as a cement mixer driver....

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I manage the support and development teams for a financial company. My company servers as a complete payment solutions provider for banks and credit unions. (Internet banking, Online Bill Pay, ACH transactions, mobile payments, check processing, etc.)
  • tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    Optician - fit and sell opthalmic and Rx sunglasses. We do some in house edging, but now with insurance companies having their own labs, my work load on the bench has been cut in half. Most of the time I'm surfing this place and wishing I was at home egging.
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

I am a Comedy Magician & Hypnotist and have performed over 5000 shows, I perform at Resorts on Cruise Ships at Colleges and mainly for Corporate Events, I was a resident Magician & Hypnotist for Play Boy Clubs Int. for 5 years and still do around 150/200 dates a year World Wide. I have performed 3 times at the Memphis in May BBQ Championships and it's where I became familiar with the BGE, I have a XL and my family and I love the food that comes off it.

Chuck King

Dimondale, Michigan

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

I've had the pleasure of attending one of your shows and it was awesome. Small world.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    Unemployed currently. Past life owned a small business technical consulting company. Did not survive the downturn and shut it down early 2011. Prior to that a business analyst and project manager for a financial service firm. Been a tough few years but I am still eggin.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Zarcon
    Options
    Smokinpig said:
    Unemployed currently. Past life owned a small business technical consulting company. Did not survive the downturn and shut it down early 2011. Prior to that a business analyst and project manager for a financial service firm. Been a tough few years but I am still eggin.
    @Smokinpig The company I work for has some openings if you are interested. I can PM you the website where you can check it out. Having a financial background is a major plus. Maybe it will help, who know.
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    @zacron fire away. I am interested. Sadly the job market in Atlanta is still a tough environment so I will gladly accept any lead. Thanks.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options

I am a Comedy Magician & Hypnotist and have performed over 5000 shows, I perform at Resorts on Cruise Ships at Colleges and mainly for Corporate Events, I was a resident Magician & Hypnotist for Play Boy Clubs Int. for 5 years and still do around 150/200 dates a year World Wide. I have performed 3 times at the Memphis in May BBQ Championships and it's where I became familiar with the BGE, I have a XL and my family and I love the food that comes off it.

Chuck King

Dimondale, Michigan

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

I've had the pleasure of attending one of your shows and it was awesome. Small world.
    Thanks for the kind words, I love my family, perform and cook, pretty much in that order
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Zarcon
    Options
    @Smokinpig - PM has been sent. Good luck!
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    I'm a Critical Care Paramedic. And @MrCookingNurse‌ I recently had a kidney/pancreas transplant so keep on keeping on brother!
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • StillSmoken
    Options
    Airline Pilot. Still haven't figured out how to travel with my egg. By day 3 of a trip, I'm dying to start cooking.
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • HarrisFrampton
    Options
    Project manager with an environmental consulting firm.
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • DaBudDawg
    Options
    Project Manager of a Survey and Engineering Company
  • mlamb01
    mlamb01 Posts: 210
    Options
    Dad, Husband, Software Test Engineer/Quality Assurance, and wanna be pro cyclist.  Love to analyze things and figure out how they work.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm just a poor old wore out bum.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    edited October 2014
    Options
    sell complex software that manages cases for Municipal Courts.
    McKinney, TX
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Head controller for a precision machine shop.  We mostly do engine components for commercial and fighter jets.  We do have one customer that we do ground based turbines for.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Caboholic_EggHead
    Options
    I'm kind of gun shy about telling what I do.........we have a t-shirt business.  Sorry if that offends anyone.  It's actually just part of our repertoire, the parental units of SWMBO started the business and now we have a truck stop/c-store/restaurant (24/7/364), a pharmacy, a motel, and a quilt shop that also houses the t-shirt/banner business.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Retired, digital switching product manager for GTE (now Verizon), project manager on north Warning System when we needed such things and led the team that implemented 911 service in BC. (also was in Tehran working for GTE when it really went down, Ben had it wrong).
    Hey @Skiddymarker,

I hired on in the mid 90's with GTE Customer Networks...then stayed on through the Verizon merger and stayed until 2012. Started as a voice and data field tech then moved into management in the late 90's. Operations Manager. When you say BC do you mean Brittish Columbia or else where?
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    I am semi-retired here in SW Okla.  I have a part time home based business that keeps me busy about 8 hrs a week.  I own and operate 18 ATM's, Cash is my inventory.
    @travisstrick‌ Will be in east Texas this weekend for an Eggfest in Jefferson, Tx.  A bunch of eggheads from your area will be there in attendance.
  • DoctorMojo
    Options
    Rocket Scientist at United Launch Alliance and Guitar Slinger with "The Doctor Mojo Band"..Wannabe Pit Master

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE