Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

National Championship Game

Comments

• XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    the scary part is he could just up and bolt like he did to cincinnati.. that is the only thing i didnt like about him when the irish hired him- he just up and left before the bcs game.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    XLBalco said:
    the scary part is he could just up and bolt like he did to cincinnati.. that is the only thing i didnt like about him when the irish hired him- he just up and left before the bcs game.
    Sounds like Bobby Petrino Jr. I hope he doesn't own a motorcycle.
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    XLBalco said:

Agreed, he left the team high and dry for their Bowl Game. Some say the Irish put pressure on him recruiting etc... But he could have stayed for the game
  • nashbama
    nashbama Posts: 102
    Well I guess I was wrong. The game wasn't over by halftime, it was a done deal by the end of the 1st.

I knew it was going to be a blow out, but I was hoping ND would be much better than I expected. I turned off the game at halftime. I think ND will have another great season next year, but no hopes of a NC appearance.

I also think Bama will be tough again, but I don't see 3 in a row. I think the crystal football may end up at Texas A&M next year.

Good luck next season ND fans.

RTR!!
  • EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    edited January 2013
    Funny how people now think Texas A&M is like some kind of powerhouse. They have been pretty much insignificant in college football since the SWC days. In other words, forever. They have always been losers and will continue to be. The rest of the SEC has now figured out sumlins gimmick offense and Johnnyboy will learn what pain is next year. They will lose 3 or more next year. One thing about A&M, they consistently lose when expectations are high.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    EggerinLA said:
    Funny how people now think Texas A&M is like some kind of powerhouse. They have been pretty much insignificant in college football since the SWC days. In other words, forever. They have always been losers and will continue to be. The rest of the SEC has now figured out sumlins gimmick offense and Johnnyboy will learn what pain is next year. They will lose 3 or more next year. One thing about A&M, they consistently lose when expectations are high.
    ND got a top 3 recruiting class coming in somehow. Going to be interesting to see if those recruits stay if Kelley leaves for NFL. Texas had its worst class under Mac (10th). A&M actually had a top 7 class this year. Going to be interesting to see how everything shakes out next year. I think A&M will be better than you give them credit for. Then again, who knows.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I'm a Michigan guy so it pains me to say this, but osu will be a player in the bcs from here on out.  Meyer is recruiting well, and I don't think the rest of the Big10 has enough to keep up.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Bad news for Alabama is that they open next season with us (VT).  Since we played our bowl game on December 27th this year we're going to have 10 days fresher legs for that game.  Couple that with the possiblity that Alabama loses both 1st and 2nd string offense and defense to the NFL draft and we can make a game of it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615

Bad news for Alabama is that they open next season with us (VT).  Since we played our bowl game on December 27th this year we're going to have 10 days fresher legs for that game.  Couple that with the possiblity that Alabama loses both 1st and 2nd string offense and defense to the NFL draft and we can make a game of it.

Haha. Whew. Tears. I thought I was reading a football thread, not comedy thread. Good one.
    Boom
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Bad news for Alabama is that they open next season with us (VT).  Since we played our bowl game on December 27th this year we're going to have 10 days fresher legs for that game.  Couple that with the possiblity that Alabama loses both 1st and 2nd string offense and defense to the NFL draft and we can make a game of it.
    Haha. Whew. Tears. I thought I was reading a football thread, not comedy thread. Good one.

Hahaha. No kidding. Bama is bama and will always be bama. They got a top 3 class again. D.Y.N.A.S.T.Y.....As a Cocks fan, not happy about it, but I speak the truth....
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    edited January 2013
    Don't always go by recruiting ratings. Scout, Rivals and 247 are jokes. UGA is consistently a Top 10 recruiting team, but rarely a top 10 team. Same goes for a lot of teams. Great coaches can evaluate talent a lot better than some nobody at those agencies above. Plus great coaches can take average players and make them really good. Good players, great.
  • FanOfFanboys
    EggerinLA said:

Don't always go by recruiting ratings. Scout, Rivals and 247 are jokes. UGA is consistently a Top 10 recruiting team, but rarely a top 10 team. Same goes for a lot of teams. Great coaches can evaluate talent a lot better than some nobody at those agencies above. Plus great coaches can take average players and make them really good. Good players, great.

Actually in the 11 years or so Richt at UGA they've finished top 10 like 7 or 8 times. 5 SEC East titles, 2 SEC titles. Top 5 (I think 3rd) with number of wins in country since Richt took over. They've done everything but with nat'l title
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    And they are far from jokes. Of course not 100%. Prognostication rarely is. But it's pretty accurate considering all the variables (injuries, player maturity, coaching turnover and quality, etc) bc if not wouldn't be in business. Look at top 25 recruiting classes last 5 years and compare to polls. About 15 or so from list will be top 25 in polls. I'd rather my team get the top ranked players consistently than get the 1 star players consistently.
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    Now I agree some coaches her much more out of players than others. And some can get guys not ranked and know they have potential to be stars. And some overachieve, say Boise St, and some underachieve, say UGA. But if UGA had won just 1 natty or BSt lost to Oklahoma then those examples would probably be very different. But recruiting rankings are like the draft.
    Boom
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    IrishDevl said:
    XLBalco said:
    ND probably would of given him the money without him interviewing
    Problem is if this becomes a pissing match, neither side gives and he bolts out of spite.  One thing the Irish are : stubborn (just ask my wife)
    As some one whose grandmother was orange and my grandfather was green, I know all to well the "stubborn-ness" of the Irish, the trouble is in the case of the national championship game, although I cheered for the Irish, it quickly became apparent there was no ground to stand - terribly outclassed by a great football team. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • IrishDevl

IrishDevl said:

XLBalco said:

ND probably would of given him the money without him interviewing

Problem is if this becomes a pissing match, neither side gives and he bolts out of spite.  One thing the Irish are : stubborn (just ask my wife)

As some one whose grandmother was orange and my grandfather was green, I know all to well the "stubborn-ness" of the Irish, the trouble is in the case of the national championship game, although I cheered for the Irish, it quickly became apparent there was no ground to stand - terribly outclassed by a great football team. 
    You'll get no argument with that here. Fully agreed and stated immediately following the game.
  • IrishDevl
    ND just lost an inside linebacker. De committed today. Going Florida.
  • Bad news for Alabama is that they open next season with us (VT).  Since we played our bowl game on December 27th this year we're going to have 10 days fresher legs for that game.  Couple that with the possiblity that Alabama loses both 1st and 2nd string offense and defense to the NFL draft and we can make a game of it.

Wtf are you smoking? Can you share?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Veiled sarcasm is a dish best served cold....

Figured as much. Didn't think he was serious.
  • IrishDevl
    Matt20971 said:

Wtf are you smoking? Can you share?
    I think he be b-sing as they say.
  • IrishDevl
    Looks like Kelly staying. Didn't need to lose a linebacker for this nonsense.
  • FanOfFanboys
    IrishDevl said:

nope. And your boy from ND is being exposed for a fake GF
    Boom
  • I can't believe you guys are still talking football.   GET A LIFE!  I watched some WWF last night.  I was actually entertained.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    That's why it's now the WWE. World Wrestling Entertainment! Ohhhh yeah!
  • IrishDevl

IrishDevl said:

What the hell? Weirdest thing ever.
  • IrishDevl

IrishDevl said:

Nd coach is staying.
  • And here I thought the championship game was embarrassing enough for ND. Yikes.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • And here I thought the championship game was embarrassing enough for ND. Yikes.
    Oh My God- Did you just read that deadspin article about Teo?????? I still can't believe it. WOW
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX