Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Car Wash Mike's Baby Back Rib Class

2»

Comments

• HofstraJetHofstraJet Posts: 1,123
    Can you FTC these for an hour or so right before the 30 min finishing stage? Working with one egg and need to make the bacon donuts for an appetizer before the ribs are served so I figure I can finish the ribs while everyone is enjoying bacon donuts. I know.,,get a second egg. In due time. Still have the wife adjusting to the patio with one. 
    Two Large Eggs, 36" Blackstone, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in SE Florida - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,946
    @HofstraJet   You crack me up my friend.  

You say all in good time, making it sound like a few months, then bang! - less than four hours later you've bit the bullet!
    Phoenix 
  • I am about to try this method for the holiday.  I bought loin back ribs.
    I have 2 questions.  Is loin back the same as baby back?  Also, I don,t have a v rack.  How should I place them on the egg? I'm cooking for a large group. Mope these come out ok!!!
  • I was looking for a good start on ribs.  I'm new to both the egg and ribs.  I am really impressed by this recipe.  If ever a miracle is needed to get Mike sainted, my ribs are it.  Wow.
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,481
    This is tried and true.  Great technique. Have fun.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • It's almost been a year since the last post here. Just wanna say thanks for this awesome recipe and method. I tried ribs like two years ago and messed them up so bad and decided to never try again. Decided to try this recipe because of all the admiration of it and I must say, WOW! I'll now continue to use this method and pass it on locally!
  • @ CSmith Well done!! looks amazing.
  • feef706feef706 Posts: 848
    I am about to try this method for the holiday.  I bought loin back ribs.
    I have 2 questions.  Is loin back the same as baby back?  Also, I don,t have a v rack.  How should I place them on the egg? I'm cooking for a large group. Mope these come out ok!!!
    Loin back is the same.

Your best bet is to run to lowes or Home Depot and pick up a rib rack, they can be had for $10 or so. Unless you own a XL you will have issues cooking more than 2-3 racks without a rib rack, maybe others can offer advice.
  • tikigrillertikigriller Posts: 1,389
    This is the next way I do ribs. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • ThrillSeekerThrillSeeker Posts: 306
    edited November 2016
    Is there a noticable difference between these and the 2-1-1 method?

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,204
    I have tried them every way you can think. Just about every way I have tried them with the BGE has been awesome. If I had to select a preferred method, it would likely be MCW. The results are consistently great, and there are never any leftovers. Ever.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SaintJohnsEggerSaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,586
    edited January 2017
    Going to try this tomorrow if the weather permits so I thought I would bump this thread in honor of Mike.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    Large Egg 10/16 MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 1,683
    Have a Sam's 3 pack going on this afternoon! Going to follow this method to the T, or as close as I can get to it. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Just Bumping this to 2018. I wish I had met him in person to thank him. We thank him in our prayers before every Rib Dinner. God Bless you Mike.
  • We ended up with some amazing ribs on July 4th thanks to this thread. I made a video of the method for others to use.