Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Jeremiah said:
    @Sea2Ski very very jealous...any chance of you piloting that thing down the intracoastal to God's country? 
    I bet he'd consider it if you foot the bill for fuel....  ;)
    Tossing the idea of driving it to FL. Should take 5 days if the weather widow is correct. Cape May to northern North Carolina, to GA to FL.
    It is not an economically sound decision.
    At all.
    About 20-23k fuel (round trip) if we do it a little below cruise speed, 6k in oil changes (one there, one before we leave, one when we get back), replace hoses, belts, impellers, filters etc...  and let's not forget the ~1k/month for docking if we can find somewhere that reasonable.
    That is 40K'ish for a winter.
    And if nothing breaks.
    Which something will. 
    Then add in all the air fare.... 

Stupid.

We are tossing around the idea of doing it the winter of '19-'20. Not sure if it will really happen, but we are seriously considering doing it once. 
    Hell, You only live once, and we think that would be a really really cool trip and experience. 

We have two dock neighbors that do it every year. They like the trips "to and from" more than being at the two destinations. The one guy is taking his to the Bahamas next week - he leaves Monday.
    how long would this take at 2.2 mph with my 6 horse kicker =) that gets me down to .2 gallons an hour
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,511
    Options
    @Sea2Ski - Your described situation is ideal for a boat junkie.  What an arrangement.  Congrats.  A true definition of "Better to be lucky than good."   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,637
    Options
    Is she single?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,522
    Options
    I admire Taylor Swift's spunk.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,865
    Options
    Botch said:
    So.  Many.  Inappropriate.  Replies.  Running.  Through.  My.  Head.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Botch said:
    I'll share my spunk with her.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Her cross examination replies were amazing.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Making pies at the Pizza Lab.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,046
    Options
    Gander Mountain are a bunch of crooks. I went in to buy a stuffer from them at their store closing sale. I have a $50 Gander Mountain giftcard and they wouldn't accept it. I'm pretty sure you're still Gander Mountain and my giftcard says Gander Mountain. That's not cool. The younger guy at the counter was babbling out bs that didn't make any sense on why they couldnt. So where did my $50 go? Lame!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Time to escalate up the store food chain, if nothing else other than to vent on a few people.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Focker said:
    Making pies at the Pizza Lab.

Image result for kramer make your own pizza
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Did something for a customer for FREE. They asked what kind of warranty my FREE repair had!!!!!  :o
    "Work is free, warranty is a thousand sheckels, b!tch!"
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Did something for a customer for FREE. They asked what kind of warranty my FREE repair had!!!!!  :o
    Offer them a bottle of your top shelf wine as the best you can offer.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Body check at dermatologists...
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Funny guy. Been hanging around with @bgebrent huh?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,046
    Options
    I stopped at Sam's Club this morning. They now sell pork butts there individually. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess that might come in handy if only needing one or can pair the best two together. Still seems strange after all these years
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Funny guy. Been hanging around with @bgebrent huh?
    Who is this B-Rent guy you speak of? 

Look like this guy? 

Whoops... 

Meant this picture.  The one up top is an old one.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I think that same person was rummaging around @texaswig Dodge dealership!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    can not believe how polite the drivers are in new england. today im in my lane stopped to take a left turn, a guy driving toward me in my lane stopped to let me go ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sitting inLouisville airport, departing from a great week with my wife. Visited with some great folks, and ate great food a plenty. Fortunate to be me.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,522
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I just learned this morning that Eric Carmen ripped off Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto #2 for his hit All By Myself:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEGOihjqO9w
    You hear a tickle of it at 2:15 or so, and the main theme stated just after 13:30 in the second movement.

And apparently the local birds like Rach; a hummingbird hovered right over my laptop screen for about 5 seconds, then a woodpecker started making holes in my apple tree less than 10' away!  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• lousubcap
    Options
    @northGAcock  the above sentence construction could infer that you are departing from your wife.  No further comment here  ;)
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited August 2017
    Options
    can not believe how polite the drivers are in new england. today im in my lane stopped to take a left turn, a guy driving toward me in my lane stopped to let me go ;)
    Ahhhh, the Boston Left. Or a variation...
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,865
    Options
    Botch said:
    I just learned this morning that Eric Carmen ripped off Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto #2 for his hit All By Myself:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEGOihjqO9w
    You hear a tickle of it at 2:15 or so, and the main theme stated just after 13:30 in the second movement.

My wife taught me that.  She was a music major.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Time to start glazing:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,053
    Options
    Flights at Door County Brewing Co

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Flights at Door County Brewing Co

Nice! Must have drove right by me and didn't stop???? Enjoy the beauty of Door County. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Wondering what @nolaegghead is up to...
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”