Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Chops look good!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,356
    Options
    Deciding if I want to hit up Costco this weekend... KJ roadshow... And check out a Jr. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bgebrent
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Deciding if I want to hit up Costco this weekend... KJ roadshow... And check out a Jr. 
    Grab some of their red bag lump, good stuff.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited April 2017
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Chops look good!
    Thanks ole buddy. But it's not chops ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,482
    Options
    No decision-just go and then decide.  If you don't go, then you have already made the decision.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I wish I could have hit mine when it was here. 

I looked up the schedule a few months back.  Nothing was planned for my area.  Fast forward to last month and I find out that friends of ours bought a KJ at the Costco road show. They got a great deal on it.  I guess their schedule changes or they don't advertise all of them?  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,990
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    ColtsFan said:
    It is good, but it is not Rockwood good. I have a lot of Rockwood.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    ColtsFan said:
    It's not RW but still very good.  I have a lot of RW too by friend.  Slushies coming along? =)
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    ColtsFan said:
    It's not RW but still very good.  I have a lot of RW too by friend.  Slushies coming along? =)
    Procured all the bourbon, will bring what is left. Most of the ingredients have been started, so the first batch should be bagged and in the freezer tomorrow night. Doubling up this year. We bought some plastic cups for those who forget. Should be fun. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Suzy is having a blast making these, and she is strict on the formula, keeps me in trouble for sampling. Just want to make sure they are good enough for our friends. =)
    I will bring a bottle of EW I put the vanilla beans in. See what you think.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Procured all the bourbon, will bring what is left. Most of the ingredients have been started, so the first batch should be bagged and in the freezer tomorrow night. Doubling up this year. We bought some plastic cups for those who forget. Should be fun. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Suzy is having a blast making these, and she is strict on the formula, keeps me in trouble for sampling. Just want to make sure they are good enough for our friends. =)
    I look forward to you seeing what I think!  And Susie's slushies.  Doubling down is a great idea.  Crowd gonna swell.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I look forward to you seeing what I think!  And Susie's slushies.  Doubling down is a great idea.  Crowd gonna swell.
    Anybody got any idea how many is will be in attendance?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I messaged John about a roll call thread.  Guessing we're relying on the registration numbers.  So, so far, no count.  I only messaged John about 20 minutes ago.  He's probably getting his brain rest by now.  I'm confident it'll be 2 fold.  Will be fun.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    Options
    Watching Cards game 2 of 162.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I messaged John about a roll call thread.  Guessing we're relying on the registration numbers.  So, so far, no count.  I only messaged John about 20 minutes ago.  He's probably getting his brain rest by now.  I'm confident it'll be 2 fold.  Will be fun.
    Just trying to keep up with those that have commented, we are well past double of last year, I think. JIC has "One Shining Moment" on loop. he has been watching it around the clock.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,361
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I wish I could have hit mine when it was here. 

I looked up the schedule a few months back.  Nothing was planned for my area.  Fast forward to last month and I find out that friends of ours bought a KJ at the Costco road show. They got a great deal on it.  I guess their schedule changes or they don't advertise all of them?  
    The Costco Roadshow schedule normally only shows events scheduled about a month ahead.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,513
    Options
    Today, I am limping.  I'm afraid my DVT gave me a second blood clot, this time in the left leg.
    Damn, I hate this.  Doc told me its hereditary, neither diet nor exercise can do anything about it.  I was on Xeralta (sp?) for 6 months the first time, he took me off it as I was doing okay and it was my first clot.  Damn **** is expensive ($175/mo, iirc) and morning TV is full of ads from lawyers trying to sue the company.  
    I hate this.  

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• bgebrent
    Options
    Botch said:
    Today, I am limping.  I'm afraid my DVT gave me a second blood clot, this time in the left leg.
    Damn, I hate this.  Doc told me its hereditary, neither diet nor exercise can do anything about it.  I was on Xeralta (sp?) for 6 months the first time, he took me off it as I was doing okay and it was my first clot.  Damn **** is expensive ($175/mo, iirc) and morning TV is full of ads from lawyers trying to sue the company.  
    I hate this.  
    Damn my friend!  That is tough.  It's a good drug if you need it.  Assuming you've been worked up by a hematologist?  Sorry for your problems man.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    Options
    Botch said:
    I hate this.  
    Bad deal :(  Hope you can get it under control.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Options
    bgebrent said:  
    Assuming you've been worked up by a hematologist?  
    I had some kind of procedure done to my leg the first time, hooked me up to a machine that amplified my blood flow audibly, and she could squish the damn thing to different parts of my leg (sorry, TMI).  That confirmed it was DVT, but don't know if she was a hematologist or not.  

• bgebrent
    Options
    Botch said:
    bgebrent said:  
    Assuming you've been worked up by a hematologist?  
    I had some kind of procedure done to my leg the first time, hooked me up to a machine that amplified my blood flow audibly, and she could squish the damn thing to different parts of my leg (sorry, TMI).  That confirmed it was DVT, but don't know if she was a hematologist or not.  
    Get a hematology work up.  Includes genetics, clotting factors and everything.  Also includes a search for occult cancer.  Sorry.  It causes blood clots.  I obviously don't know anything about you or your medical history.  Be sure you get a complete workup and that requires a hematologist.  Good luck brother!  PM me anytime.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Cancelling my clinic in Fayetteville tomorrow based on the weather forecast for tomorrow.  Probably stupid.  I've been called worse.
  • Botch
    Options
    Thanks Brent, will look into that.  "Occult" cancer?  The chapel on base actually has Wikkan services, but I've never attended.... :lol:

• bgebrent
    Options
    Botch said:
    Thanks Brent, will look into that.  "Occult" cancer?  The chapel on base actually has Wikkan services, but I've never attended.... :lol:
    Tell me that's not true!  My older brother just went through this.  best wishes brother.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Botch said:
    I hate this.  
    I love those ambulance chaser ads: "This drug may cause hemorrhage/unexplained bleeding!" - no shitt, Sherlock Esq. The ones ragging on rat poison(warfarin) are hilarious too. Nothing a little Vitamin K can't fix, Saiontz and Kirk/Johnny Cochran. "If you've got a phone, you have someone trying to separate you from your money"
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Watched Autopsy of Jane Doe late with my bro.

On my way home at 0123 on the Chevy clock, raining, light turned red, and I stopped.  Could hear he is calling.  Pick up, and all I hear is the witches song, "Open up your heart and let the sun shine in..."  haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  Friggin' love my bro. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    On vacation with my wife's family. There's a reason the two of us vacation by ourselves and out of the country...
    @DoubleEgger So where are you now? 
    Edisto Beach SC 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    On vacation with my wife's family. There's a reason the two of us vacation by ourselves and out of the country...
    Edisto Beach SC 
    Up early huh?  Can't wait for the day to start?  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    Edisto Beach SC 
    Breakfast in bed for the in laws! Brown noser.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    Edisto Beach SC 
    Breakfast in bed for the in laws! Brown noser.
    No, no.....hit the Seacow Eatery for breakfast.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    Options
    I was plotting an escape while everyone slept.