Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,497
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Botch said:
    ^^^ I use my pasta attachments often, especially thru the cold months.  
    Good to know Botch. I did a little research yesterday to see what people's thoughts were between a Kitchenaid dough press and a hand crank press. The Kitchenaid press won hands down. The Kitchenaid press essentially gives you an extra hand when running it through the press. I've never made any scratch pasta before. So hopefully this gives me the push to try out some new dishes. I'm not much of a pasta guy but it's my wife's favorite cuisine. She's probably sick of eating bbq for 6 years straight! ;) Probably time I venture out.
    I had used an Atlas hand-crank model for years, and finally became aware I could buy an electric motor for it.  It was, however, the same price as the pasta rollers, and I had a KitchenAid mixer by then.  
    I went with the rollers, and glad I did.  The Atlas clamp (to fix it to the countertop) never worked very well, and the mixer route gives you almost a foot of "clear space" underneath to work with, whereas the Atlas gives you about 3".  

"In the twinkling of an eye, I found myself without an office, without a seat, without a party, and without an appendix."  - Winston Churchill

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Thinking that spring is here (at least where I am) and I have to do the last of the the spring cleanup. 

Got outside Yesterday (Saturday).....,spent about 3 hours in the yard....good start but much to do. Beautiful days though. 
    I hear you.  Lots to do in a little amount of time and that "work" thing gets in the way of the really important things that need to get done. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    WeberWho said:   I'm not much of a pasta guy but it's my wife's favorite cuisine. She's probably sick of eating bbq for 6 years straight! ;) Probably time I venture out.

Also a good opportunity to drop a few bills on a bunch new accessories.  Drying racks, egg safe lasagna dishes, cookbooks, ravioli trays etc.  

Have fun with your new pasta endeavor.  I've enjoyed my foray into it, but still very much a beginner.

Phoenix 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Drinking wine and watching bonus baseball on opening day.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Acn said:
    Drinking wine and watching bonus baseball on opening day.
    Right after the post...walk off win!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    On vacation with my wife's family. There's a reason the two of us vacation by ourselves and out of the country...
    Yup. We went to Disney last summer with the inlaws. It's written somewhere not take your problems with you on vacation.  :o
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Roundball!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Been a long wet winter here , look forward to being back. Clearing up

Seattle, WA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,629
    Options
    Holy crap!  Who saw that Alien trailer?  Hell yes!
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Quick check of the pork at 4 am, my 'low and slow' went a bit too low, so getting it back up to temperature now before heading for bed again.
  • Eoin
    Options
    Worked out OK for lunch.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Had to look with effort this morning to see how the Natty turned out as I crashed at halftime. Not a work on Sports Center...seems Tony Romo is getting all the media love today. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,431
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Working on a Kitchenaid mixer I picked up from Craigslist. I'm going to clean it up and regrease it. Pleasantly surprised to find all steel gearing inside! Bonus.

The real reason why I bought it:

Hoping to flip the mixer afterwards and get what I paid for it. (Minus the pasta accessories) It should save me $100+ in pasta accessories. I'm been craving Cooknbiker lasagna. The pasta press will get me started in the right direction  
    That is the same mixer i have!  Bought it new on some crazy sale for $100
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Eoin
    Options
    Some chicken for our dinner. Going back to indirect after a few direct cooks, seems to give better skin. Cooked at seal level, platesetter legs up and 550F. Took about 35 minutes. Coated in a chilli, garlic and ginger paste and served with chapatis and salad, sriracha and lemon juice added at the end.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Pete, this little guy has your name written all over it.  ;)

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    Pete, this little guy has your name written all over it.  ;)

Took me a minute! LOL!
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    @Focker how do you like the LCP 2? I had the first version, but it was stolen. I'm about 90% sure this will be my next one. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,366
    Options
    LCP II is a lot better than 1 IMHO. I still don't care for it too much. For the money though it does a good job of being what it is supposed to be. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    On vacation with my wife's family. There's a reason the two of us vacation by ourselves and out of the country...
    @DoubleEgger So where are you now? 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    @DoubleEgger So where are you now? 
    Probably the dog house.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,629
    Options
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,366
    Options

Just threw a yardbird on after discovering the joy of the Amazon Prime Music app. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Jeremiah
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Currently debating the suggested dosage of NyQuil. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Butterflied and stuffed a couple of rectums just to see. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Legume said:
    Wings are on.
    Are you using the best controller? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Done. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    Standing by hesitantly Scottie.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,445
    Options
    @SGH -  If I were ever a sailor I would suggest that you need an anatomy lesson.  But perhaps my eyes need some work.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.