Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Happy to be back from business/family travel, and back to the egg. Recovery meal from a week of restaurants 3 meals a day

Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,436
    Options
    Opening Day in the Bigs-Card vs Cubs now.  The remainder get it going Monday.  About time.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,165
    edited April 2017
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Opening Day in the Bigs-Card vs Cubs now.  The remainder get it going Monday.  About time.
    Yeah baby!!  Still fun to see Cards fans booing Hayward.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @DoubleEgger I had one of those grey and red Fords. 8N I think they were called.  Good little bugger until a tornado dropped a big tree on it.  Sold it for parts.   My dad also had one of those Ferguson's. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    No pics, but a huge thanks to @Dyal_SC and his lovely wife for dropping what they were doing this weekend and driving the 3 hrs to my rental house in Conway to help us paint. #goodeggheads  =)
    The TriTip and taters? Tell the truth.....your motivation? Only kidding. You da man Craig (and El).
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Watching baseball, its actually starting to feel like spring. Grilled some chicken breasts tonight. Then we toasted marshmallows on the egg for s'mores.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Watching Cards-Cubs and tending to a Tri Tip. Hoping my Astros can make a good push this year. This is the first year in awhile that I have been super excited for opening day Astros baseball. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,497
    Options
    da87 said:
    Happy to be back from business/family travel, and back to the egg. Recovery meal from a week of restaurants 3 meals a day

Your wife has dark hair, I can see her in your wineglass!  (great-looking meal!)  

"In the twinkling of an eye, I found myself without an office, without a seat, without a party, and without an appendix."  - Winston Churchill

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,057
    Options
    @Jeremiah, that's what friends are for, brother.  Glad we could help out.  
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    9 holes of golf and some beers.  I refuse to give in to the end of the weekend so I'm gonna keep my drinking going.  Right on into Butt Blast.  Hopefully BB is the most sober thing I do these past 6 months.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Botch said:
    da87 said:

Your wife has dark hair, I can see her in your wineglass!  (great-looking meal!)  

stalker

Phoenix 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,165
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Botch said:
    da87 said:

Creepy comment of the year ;)  At least you didn't mention it smells nice too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @DoubleEgger I love antique tractors .. I like them better than antique trucks... Imagine all the stories they could tell!

had crawfish last night and hamburgers tonight 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Just finished an 8 mile hiking day in the Red River Gorge. We started the day Mushroom hunting, and determined it is still too early to find Morel mushrooms. The soil temp is still too cold.
    We then decided to do on of the more strenuous hikes the Gorge has to offer. The trail is only 3 miles, but it is three miles that includes 3 different four hundred foot descents and ascents. 6 miles total trail, but we also added a couple miles, of significantly exploring off trail.
    With this trek, your balance and scrambling skills will be tested, with some very narrow widths (less than 10 inches) which are cut at an angle on sides of cliffs. Missing the right step and you fall several hundred feet to the boulder laden stream below.
    The trails are covered in exposed roots and rocks, which when carrying a backpack, makes it a bit tricky. Most of the trail was very slippery mud, when neither rocks or roots were present, due to the waterfalls of various intensity. It is a beautiful trail all the way down to The Creek of a Thousand Voices.
    The wildflowers, redbuds, apple, and cherry trees were beginning to bud, which added to the geologic scenery, and is unique only to this area.
    Once we got to the creek, we hydrated, gator aided, and fueled up with protein and salts. 
    Then we headed back.
    Joints were sore, and muscle cramps were part of the prize, along with carrying the mud on your boots and pants.
    We were exhausted at the end of the trail. It was worth it.
    As we were making our trek back we saw several others on their way in. None of them made it. My guess is that when they got to the first rock face, down scramble, in slick mud, they decided, maybe not. As we sat in the parking lot, eating and hydrating, we watched them return. They were amazed that a couple 50+ folks could do it. Nobody should do this trail without hiking sticks, or a static rope. You have to have good hiking boots, water resistant, as well.
    A huge shout out to OBOZ Hiking/Back Packing Boots. No way I would do this trail in anything else. In fact, there is no trail I will take without them. I have had them for 6 weeks, already have 100 miles on them. I have literally spent over a $1000.00 in finding the right boots. These are the real deal. They cost a lot, but they have given my life back to me. Worth it.
    We take this trails to train for Colorado in August. We will be climbing in RMNP. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    ... A huge shout out to OBOZ Hiking/Back Packing Boots. No way I would do this trail in anything else. In fact, there is no trail I will take without them. I have had them for 6 weeks, already have 100 miles on them. I have literally spent over a $1000.00 in finding the right boots. These are the real deal. They cost a lot, but they have given my life back to me. Worth it. ...
    @YukonRon ... Consider buying a second pair as a long range plan.  

Bought a pair of Danner boots back in the 90's.  Put them on and did a 15 mile hike in the Santa Catalina mountains (sic) north of Tucson.  No problems, no wear points ... just like they were made for me.  That was especially rewarding since my feet are about 2 sigma off the normal sizing charts. 

My boot repair guy has kept them going well past the normal life span, so I decided to replace them last fall.  Stopped into the Danner store in Portland ... yep, they don't make that style anymore.  No, they don't even make one close to that style anymore.  Damn.  Could have them rebuilt, but the leather is approaching parchment consistency, so not a good value.

Which ones did you buy?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• YukonRon
    Options
    @Jeepster47
    First, you have need understand, why it was so difficult to find the right boots. I was injured, pretty severely, and almost lost my lower left leg several years ago. After several surgeries it was saved. I was lucky. I am lucky. The removed almost an inch of bone off my tibia and fibula, rebuilt my ankle and foot. I was told my days of humping a back pack was over.
    I have to say, there has been many days, after some of the less challenging back packing trips to which I thought the same thing. I went on a website specifically addressing my problem, and there were several boots suggested, I tried them all, and the end result, I thought it was over for me.
    Then one day at an outfitting store, I spoke with a doctor, in casual conversation, and mentioned my issue. He sat his coffee2824@live.com cup down and said "oboz". I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he explained, a company in Montana, makes these great boots which offer everything I need. The store was having a warehouse sale, and they had a pair. I got them for half price, which is still a lot of money. My Beautiful Wife saw the difference they made to me in some pretty strenuous hikes, (at least for a guy pushing 60 with a bump leg) and bought me a second pair. I am going to buy a third.
    These are the brown, I already own the gray, and I am getting yet another pair of gray. These will be every day wearers for me.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Neighbors came over for meatloaf Saturday night. Ran these in the backwoods with oak and 1 split of hickory. One neighbor brought some Mac and cheese and another rolls and we pigged out. 
  • YukonRon
    Options

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,796
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    do they make those in xwide, my brother walks on 300,000 dollar ankles, his problem is that he cant fit in most boots now after the ankle dust glued back together
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @fishlessman he should look into Limmer customs. Made in New Hampshire and they have you come to the shop to measure your feet. Since they are one-offs, they aren't cheap(I think they are in the $600-700 range for fully custom and whatever accoutrements you decide on) but that's pennies to ankles costing more than an average house.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    do they make those in xwide, my brother walks on 300,000 dollar ankles, his problem is that he cant fit in most boots now after the ankle dust glued back together
    They make them on several widths. Check them out on line. I have almost $120K in my leg ankle and foot.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    They make them on several widths. Check them out on line. I have almost $120K in my leg ankle and foot.
    i will pass on the name to him, looks like alot of places near me have them. he would really need to put them on, he has always been picky with boots, now its just  insane.
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    @fishlessman he should look into Limmer customs. Made in New Hampshire and they have you come to the shop to measure your feet. Since they are one-offs, they aren't cheap(I think they are in the $600-700 range for fully custom and whatever accoutrements you decide on) but that's pennies to ankles costing more than an average house.
    if they were my feet i would be there in a heartbeat, i tried to get him to a custom skiboot place a few years ago, he needs rear entry with longer buckles. he cant find anything better than his antique solomons. they have to be 30 years old or more
    fukahwee maine

• YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    i will pass on the name to him, looks like alot of places near me have them. he would really need to put them on, he has always been picky with boots, now its just  insane.
    My first impression of these, they felt like socks going over socks, when I put them on.
    I was worried there would not be enough support around the ankles. There was enough support for my left ankle and then some. Make sure he walks around in them after trying them on, if there is a flight of steps in the building make sure he tries them on those steps down and up. He will know instantly, if these are for him or not.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,211
    Options
    I just stocked up. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,035
    Options
    Working on a Kitchenaid mixer I picked up from Craigslist. I'm going to clean it up and regrease it. Pleasantly surprised to find all steel gearing inside! Bonus.

The real reason why I bought it:

Hoping to flip the mixer afterwards and get what I paid for it. (Minus the pasta accessories) It should save me $100+ in pasta accessories. I'm been craving Cooknbiker lasagna. The pasta press will get me started in the right direction  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,497
    Options
    ^^^ I use my pasta attachments often, especially thru the cold months.  

"In the twinkling of an eye, I found myself without an office, without a seat, without a party, and without an appendix."  - Winston Churchill

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Stabilising the Egg to put a pork shoulder on overnight. It's not very big, so I want to make sure it's not rising when the pork goes in.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,035
    Options
    Botch said:
    ^^^ I use my pasta attachments often, especially thru the cold months.  
    Good to know Botch. I did a little research yesterday to see what people's thoughts were between a Kitchenaid dough press and a hand crank press. The Kitchenaid press won hands down. The Kitchenaid press essentially gives you an extra hand when running it through the press. I've never made any scratch pasta before. So hopefully this gives me the push to try out some new dishes. I'm not much of a pasta guy but it's my wife's favorite cuisine. She's probably sick of eating bbq for 6 years straight! ;) Probably time I venture out.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota