Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket..... How I do it.

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said: Comports with the AC/DC nod, hate those noise makers.  
    You need your mouth washed out with soap. 
    I stand by my stance.  I'm a musician.  Push a drum kit and a couple guitars off a cliff followed by a stupid 21 year old who likes to scream, you have AC/dc.  Noise.
    Enjoy your Bublé
    I'll enjoy Traffic.  Music my friend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    Options
    But back to brisket, boiling with all the aromatics is a clear winner.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    I think my next SRF cook will pay homage to Travis. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    I think my next SRF cook will pay homage to Travis. 
    The only way to honor an SRF brisket, boiling.  No better way to render so long as the fat cap is up.  No, sorry fat cap down.  
  • clemsontyger97
    Options
    It's 2017.
    --Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
    28" Blackstone
    South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    This is so wrong, it belongs in this forum, forever.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    It's really a shame we can't make it just be the first thread at the top, permanently.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    It's really a shame we can't make it just be the first thread at the top, permanently.
    Concur. If one ever belongs upon the very top of this pile, it is definitely this thread.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Things that have been seen take a tremendous amount of effort to become unseen  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The buffalo could pin it up there.  Maybe with some lobbying....
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The buffalo could pin it up there.  Maybe with some lobbying....
    Would make a better header.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:

CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

It is always a real beee---ach to try and wrap that rascal while it's drenched in Shiner Bock and Allegro.  Somehow tonight feels like a Friday, so I'm ready to make it happen.  In this pic, about the 50 feet behind Trav, at this very time, the Tumbling Wheels were breaking hearts all across Algiers Point!
    Is that before or after @nolaegghead wrecked his truck?
    That may've been an earlier year!!!??? The only thing I remember was @nolaegghead wrecking his liver at this last one
    It is too bad that no one was able to capture any video of @nolaegghead vomiting up @SGH's testicles. 
    I had to delete the security video after that day.  I must say it tasted better coming up.
    I'd be surprised if you even remembered the event at all @nolaegghead, after all you were blind, bulletproof, and invisible by that time of the night. 
    My biggest regret from camp is that we didn't duct tape Nola to that stuffed pony after he passed out in that chair.  

Only because @henapple's girl friend was doing naughty things to it by that time. 
    The chair, Nola, or the pony?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Nothing like sitting on a shaky toilet seat downloading multiple lbs of brisket, vegan chili, pork belly, and scrapple sandwiches, smoking a cigar, and having @DMW standing in the toilet less than 2 ft from you (with no stall wall in between) taking a piss while talking about Scottie's nasty balls
    All I know is that Dwayne came out of the restroom saying he thought he accidentally went into the ladies' room because someone was sitting down in there.  I assured him that it was all OK, because we were in NOLA and not NC.  
    Ever seen Dumb and Dumber?   Sometime you gotta sit no matter how biguva man you are
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • banditt37
    Options
    I like it smoke it fat side down until 165, then wrap it in foil with a cup of coffee, fat side up to 200. This gives me the best smoke ring and always falls apart. Also rest in a cooler for a couple of hours once it hits 200
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Bump to prevent travis's naked pics. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Bump to prevent travis's naked pics. 
    Thank you brother yolk!!!!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    omfg!

@hapster just boiled one.  Oh, the humanity!!!
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    Nothing like sitting on a shaky toilet seat downloading multiple lbs of brisket, vegan chili, pork belly, and scrapple sandwiches, smoking a cigar, and having @DMW standing in the toilet less than 2 ft from you (with no stall wall in between) taking a piss while talking about Scottie's nasty balls
    All I know is that Dwayne came out of the restroom saying he thought he accidentally went into the ladies' room because someone was sitting down in there.  I assured him that it was all OK, because we were in NOLA and not NC.  
    Ever seen Dumb and Dumber?   Sometime you gotta sit no matter how biguva man you are
    Y'all gotta admit, that was an epic night. @FleurdeLirious falling on her backside after sitting on a styrofoam SRF cooler, @nolaegghead vomiting after learning he ate @SGH's balls, somebody playing "D!cks out for Harambe" on the sound system late at night, eating a lot of amazing food, drinking @henapple's Woodford Double Oaked all made for an outstanding night.

I'm just completely bummed that I can't make it this year due to an outage.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 688
    Options
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    yeah, you're going to need that faster internet and higher data cap @Eggcelsior
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    we must revive this every few weeks so newbies can see it
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    This. Needs to die a violent death.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Love me some super troopers @Killit_and_Grillit
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options
    Still think that Microwaving for about 4 hours (popcorn setting) is the way to go. 

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Still think that Microwaving for about 4 hours (popcorn setting) is the way to go. 
    That only works if you remember to wrap it in foil.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    That only works if you remember to wrap it in foil.
    After injecting with butter.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Let's get this to 500k views!
    It's getting there! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI