Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Safe Place to Post - Here

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Let's not have a US Canadian war here.  This is a calm safe place.  I'm certain this is now inevitable, and I for one like my Canuckistan Northern brothers and am not looking forward to it. 
    Awe, OK. Sorry moose humpers. I feel real bad about it now.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Little Steven
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Let's not have a US Canadian war here.  This is a calm safe place.  I'm certain this is now inevitable, and I for one like my Canuckistan Northern brothers and am not looking forward to it. 

Don't knock it till you've tried it
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Photoshop

WTF are you babbling about now?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    If you don't know, then you're one of the people who fall for fake internet news/stories. 

(Melanomia/Jerry: puffy shirt)
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Don't knock it till you've tried it
    You are effn funny.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Saw it.
    If you don't know, then you're one of the people who fall for fake internet news/stories.

Sorry, I didn't read the eight pages of replies that Nola got on his bunny love post. I felt your reply to my text tonight was a bit terse as well.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options

Sorry, I didn't read the eight pages of replies that Nola got on his bunny love post. I felt your reply to my text tonight was a bit terse as well.
    Terse? I'll give you terse. 

GFY

• BuckeyeFork
    Options

No Forks!

eh, TheBuckeye my friend?

Not a safe place, not a safe place.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I love ya man. I may post a pic of that little pike you got on Nippissing.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    JustineCaseyFeldown Posts: 867
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I didn't catch any pike. 

Because our guide had us chasing those walleye

now. I think rodney and i caught about fifty smallies. 

While zippy laid on the gunnel and you kept telling us that smallies were no fun

seriously, we only keep you around because need a boat trailer.  And zippy because he is a wealthy attorney with a stable of prostitutes. Some have most of their teeth too. But hey. It's Canada. Can't be picky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I didn't catch any pike. 

While zippy laid on the gunnel and you kept telling us that smallies were no fun

seriously, we only keep you around because need a boat trailer.  And zippy because he is a wealthy attorney with a stable of prostitutes. Some have most of their teeth too. But hey. It's Canada. Can't be picky
    No wonder they are good shots.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I didn't catch any pike. 

You are a private person and I know how you hate seeing your picture on the internet although you seemed to like the beer bottle one. I have one with you with a little baby pike. Smallies are boring, maybe zip caught it and you desperately held it a full arm extension for the pic. You are a really sh!tty fisherman.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    I didn't catch any pike. 

You are a private person and I know how you hate seeing your picture on the internet although you seemed to like the beer bottle one. I have one with you with a little baby pike. Smallies are boring, maybe zip caught it and you desperately held it a full arm extension for the pic. You are a really sh!tty fisherman.
    I am a **** fisherman. 
    But zippy gave up. At least i beat his count

• Little Steven
    Options
    Dammit pictures are on my computer at work. He's not here now so he can't send them to me. He's prolly busy getting in some unearthly physical contortions with some middle aged women that don't have razors

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I didn't catch any pike. 

His picture is all over the internet

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I didn't catch any pike. 

His picture is all over the internet

That was so below you.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SloppyJoe
    Options
    Calm calm calm.   I'm okay, you're okay. We can do this. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,193
    Options
    I think this calls for war.  Canucistani moose raping our National animal statue.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Legume said:
    Lit said:
    I got a new safe.
    I would recommend a cover for that @Lit

My problem with the small portable safes is just that.  They are small, portable, @Little Steven scream take me.
    I wasn't really worried with someone taking it. I just need it quickly accessible for me and not my kids. I may look for a better place to bolt it down to maybe my armoire but if they have time to unbolt it I'm guessing my family isn't home and it's just a gun I'll get another one. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,193
    Options
    @Lit all excellent points.  I might look into one.  Worth it to keep my kids safe, but still be accessible.  No need to keep anything but a pistol.  If it gets stolen, you are right, get another one.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The unreliability of the biometrics was an issue for me.

Maybe that technology has improved recently.  
    But a gun you can't get to when you need to, is useless.

Having batteries to change was another dealbreaker.

@lit, did you consider this? 
    Thought maybe you would, before committing to the Sentry.  You are only 50 bucks from a Ft Knox Box, which is mechanical.  It's like a small vault.  Super fast entry, even in the absolute dark.  Easily holds two pistols, with some mags.  All I have to do is roll over, hit two buttons simultaneuosly, then one, and I have two loaded pistols ready to go.

https://www.amazon.com/Fort-Knox-FTK-PB-Pistol-Handgun/dp/B004H6MKI8

Need to get another Ft Knox Box to bolt in my Chevy.  Now I just put it in a safe hiding place.  ;)

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Legume said:
    Lit said:
    I got a new safe.

My problem with the small portable safes is just that.  They are small, portable, and scream take me.
    My problem with the small portable safes is just that.  They are small, portable, and scream take me.
    For the past few hundred years in New England, we've just hung them over the fire place 

50/50 chance my father's is even loaded. Not great. But hey, Minutemen and all that. @Little Steven
    If I had guns I wouldn't hang them up either.  I have 2 places I would keep them.  In a holster or in a large safe bolted to the ground.
    I keep my guns in short sleeves.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Legume said:
    Lit said:
    I got a new safe.

For the past few hundred years in New England, we've just hung them over the fire place 

50/50 chance my father's is even loaded. Not great. But hey, Minutemen and all that. @Little Steven
    If I had guns I wouldn't hang them up either.  I have 2 places I would keep them.  In a holster or in a large safe bolted to the ground.
    I keep my guns in short sleeves.
    Unless the sun's out. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Focker said:

Thought maybe you would, before committing to the Sentry.  You are only 50 bucks from a Ft Knox Box, which is mechanical.  It's like a small vault.  Super fast entry, even in the absolute dark.  Easily holds two pistols, with some mags.  All I have to do is roll over, hit two buttons simultaneuosly, then one, and I have two loaded pistols ready to go.

Need to get another Ft Knox Box to bolt in my Chevy.  Now I just put it in a safe hiding place.  ;)

@focker someone hates the Pyxis machine too!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Focker said:

@focker someone hates the Pyxis machine too!
    I use the middle finger.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Is everone calm and feeling safe today?
    You bunch of liberal wieners ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    I try to use my wiener liberally.