Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Safe Place to Post - Here

Options

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

1 A rabbit is a long-term commitment Many indoor rabbits will live between 7-10 years

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    They just discovered an amberized dinosaur tail, with feathers still attached.  If they re-do Jurassic Park with feathers, it's gonna look like a bad Vegas show.

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I heard that if you whine and complain you will be more likely to get on the bluish colored line? Maybe if you drop out of school and have a bunch of kids in an unstable environment it will also help? Wonder what happened in society over those 40+ years? 

Problem solving 101 will teach you to find the problem so you can quit wasting your time trying to come up with solutions to a symptom. I know, I know, it's hard to tell people that it's largely the fault of their parents and / or their community or worse yet themselves.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I heard that if you whine and complain you will be more likely to get on the bluish colored line? Maybe if you drop out of school and have a bunch of kids in an unstable environment it will also help? Wonder what happened in society over those 40+ years? 

Problem solving 101 will teach you to find the problem so you can quit wasting your time trying to come up with solutions to a symptom. I know, I know, it's hard to tell people that it's largely the fault of their parents and / or their community or worse yet themselves.
    It's interesting Peter that this is your takeaway from that, because for me the take-home message is very different.

I suspect we might get different reads on this if the orange line were set a bit higher -say to the "bottom" 60% or 70% or even 75%.  Where I think perspectives would change for a lot of folks is when the line starts to line up with what their incomes are right now.   I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that for a lot of folks here, those lines are pretty flat too.  And I would not exactly characterize them as slackers, but it might be just me.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Curves are not surprising.  When you rig the game it is easy to win.  The top .05% play the game like a 6 year old.  If someone else looks like they might win, they flip the board, scream and yell, then reset it up to their liking.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    This is so me
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

It's interesting Peter that this is your takeaway from that, because for me the take-home message is very different.

I suspect we might get different reads on this if the orange line were set a bit higher -say to the "bottom" 60% or 70% or even 75%.  Where I think perspectives would change for a lot of folks is when the line starts to line up with what their incomes are right now.   I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that for a lot of folks here, those lines are pretty flat too.  And I would not exactly characterize them as slackers, but it might be just me.  
    As a percent increase over the last twenty years, I'm kicking the 1% ers collective a$$es. But it might just be me.  B)
  • pgprescott
    Options

I'm just trying to get a rise out of you John.

However, you should examine my analysis closely.

What do they mean by "real" and "adjusted for inflation"? Is that like the unemployment figures if they were adjusted for the poor folks left behind in the job market? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I think the information presented can be deceptive, as the $16,200 is an average income across the entire spectrum of the bottom 50%.  

The CNN/money calculator indicates that someone making $55k a year or less is in the bottom 50%.  

http://money.cnn.com/calculator/pf/income-rank/

I suspect that will change the perspective for many folks.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i dont see the system changing but do see the need to change lanes, im driving in the wrong lane =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options

Nominal Mean Incomes

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @fishlessman - thanks for tracking that down.  It would be more interesting if adjusted for inflation.  
  • fishlessman
    Options
    @fishlessman - thanks for tracking that down.  It would be more interesting if adjusted for inflation.  
    that would just tick me off, i was doing better early 90's, my line would nose dive if adjusted. what i would really like to see is it adjusted and by each generation
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    that would just tick me off, i was doing better early 90's, my line would nose dive if adjusted. what i would really like to see is it adjusted and by each generation
    Oh you mean averages split out by generation?  Yeah that would be interesting to see.  
  • fishlessman
    Options
    heres the one you are looking for

Real Mean Incomes

3/5ths of the pop is extremely flat lined
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    And the tax rate for the Top 1% (not 5% as in the graph above) was 91% immediately after WWII, when we also had the greatest nat'l debt (as a percentage of GDP, not in absolute dollars).  Now, it's (paging Mittens) 13%.

See how it works?   ;)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    heres the one you are looking for

Real Mean Incomes

3/5ths of the pop is extremely flat lined
    Yep.  That's the soul-crushing graph, isn't it?  
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bone crushing
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    How much longer before the serfs start storming the castles again?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• pgprescott
    Options
    Notice In this  graphic how people gravitate around a stupid idea or chart which is meaningless at best. Interesting! There are some outliers but most are right in there. Thanks for looking. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @thetrim - wtf did I just watch buddy?  LOL.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    When I read the title I thought we might be visiting the Rosse Buurt  areas of Amsterdam.

Was a bit disappointed.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    With all this talk of harassment toward bunny rabbits, I thought some might find the beauty in that animal.    Guess you aren't one of them, John
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    When I read the title I thought we might be visiting the Rosse Buurt  areas of Amsterdam.

Was a bit disappointed.
    My second favorite city in Europe, slightly behind Paris.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    With all this talk of harassment toward bunny rabbits, I thought some might find the beauty in that animal.    Guess you aren't one of them, John
    Hold up - there was a rabbit in that video?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    simmah down now, calm, be calm....