Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Focker -  good for you.  If you haven't been on a HF before you are in for quite an experience.  It will be a day you won't forget.
    Here in Louisville we have a great rapport with the airport and TSA (same with whichever DC area airport we fly into as I'm sure you will see.)

Thanks much lou.

We were bumped up with the TLC program, two terminal diagnoses, and letters from Drs at the VA.  Normally, Nam vets here have a one year plus wait I was told.

It will be worth every single penny.
    Not sure my uncle will make it.  His days are numbered.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Focker said:
    Honor Flight wasn't taking guardian apps, but accepted mine.  Just got a phone call to confirm spot on next flight.

Last airport experience with a patient, family and horrible, horrible, airline was post traumatic without going into deets.  Was so pi$$ed, with security involved, vowed on the drive home never to step foot in an airport again.

Have to buck up, dust off, and get back on the horse for these good guys.

Mission date 9/15/16
    never can be too sure about those old time war heroes hey? good grief. Hope this one is way better. bless you for your efforts Brandon.
    It was ridiculous.
    Me too.
    This will be an incredible honor.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    @tarheelmatt ignoring it looks like you cooked a mannequin chest, those pics are fantastic.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @tarheelmatt ignoring it looks like you cooked a mannequin chest, those pics are fantastic.
    It did great.  Just a hint to pee-can only.  Skin was nice and crispy.  You can see the bubbling in this picture.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Plastic boobs never tasted so good. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Plastic boobs never tasted so good. 
    They were tasty... 

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    So I need to go indirect with my own mannequin, "Gwen", from JCPenney?  Since she's a "Tall", I may have to spring for an XL, too.  
    Damn, they're high-maintenance....

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Wishing that I was still there. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @DoubleEgger That pictures reminds me, my bow light got busted off coming back from @thatgrimguy 's cook.  Oh, well, they're cheap.
    New bow light installed.  Ready for some night boating this week!
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:

Resting up after getting supper this weekend

I have not seen any spear fishing on this site.  Well done!!   Regular activity or just a vacation trip?

I have only done it on vacation trips with a guide.  I was thinking of getting a gun for offshore trips to use around the pots for the larger dolphin (mahi mahi people..... not "Flipper") that we have a hard time getting to bite because of the smaller fish taking the bait first.  But no one else on the boat wants to jump in the water with me, and I do not want to do it without a spotter.  I have a 16 year old cousin who is getting close to free diving with me, but he is not quite there yet. Maybe another year.  Right now, he says does not like the idea of hopping off into 500+ feet of water, and it is not that he is afraid of anything else. Not sure I believe him on that one. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Really wishing Fall would get here.  AC units are out at work where I sit.  Sounds drama queenish, but I'm tired of working in 80°.  I'm about ready to take my pocket knife out and make a pair of shorts from my slacks.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Wear your sanders to show off your toe nails. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Wear your sanders to show off your toe nails. 
    Some folks just can't handle such a striking young man, in strappy sandals with purple (Frozen) toe paint.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

@sea2ski My first thought was 'yeah, 500+ feet of water sounds dangerous' until I realized I can stand just as well in 500 feet as 10 feet of water!

it's been too long since I've gone fishing... need to get the kids out to hook some bluegills and sunfish :)

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    blind99 said:

@sea2ski My first thought was 'yeah, 500+ feet of water sounds dangerous' until I realized I can stand just as well in 500 feet as 10 feet of water!

Yeah...once you get over 10 feet it doesn't really matter if it is 100ft, 1000ft, 10,000ft, etc.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    The only thing that is strange with really deep water is no bottom. Even in water over your head, you can usually see bottom or at least know it is there in a "reasonable" distance.

I did a dive in New Zealand, and it was called an "edge" dive.  Boat anchored in about 30' of water, and it sloped to 55 foot then it was a vertical cliff into what was told was 1200 feet. I know that as I was approaching the edge and swam over it, my eyes bugged out of my head.  Wish I could have caught myself on video.  It was so strange to see no bottom in crystal clear water.  Corals and fish seemed to change every 15 or so feet on that edge down to 90' which was as deep as I went. I did not feel comfortable just floating over the deep stuff for 2 reasons:  1) knowing it was a long long long way down, and 2) knowing there have been great whites occasionally seen in that area.  The thought of one coming up from the deep blackness and nailing me like a seal was unnerving. They said there was never a record of that happening. The is always a first time for everything..... 

Awesome experience though!!

Now I want to spearfish a mahi in the deep just to say I did. Only one life - ya gotta live it!  

Large and MiniMax

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Sea2Ski kind of both. Just getting started in spear fishing has been a blast so far ...
    Trying to make a regular activity.. I don't know that I would like hovering over 500 feet lol.

We go to places that are deep enough to get the big fish but we can also be on bottom and be within safety limits of gear 

lionfish are both a problem fish and a delicacy so it's a win win
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    ^^ That was fast
    Large and MiniMax

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Started replumbing the drain pipes, not a moment too soon. Lucky break there. Crumbled apart when I grabbed them to take them down.
    New pipe is up.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    Having a sausage party on the egg 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Still too damn hot!!!!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @pgprescott that cat needs to move to Georgia, then it'd appreciate living with you. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @pgprescott that cat needs to move to Georgia, then it'd appreciate living with you. 
    Even these outdoor, formerly stray cats are spoiled rotten. I wish I was treated so nicely by the women in my house!!!