Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Help showed up for the last wheel

I think he is missing some PPE.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    The small ash tool actually helps lift the hinge on the heat defusor
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    @pgprescott did you use kingsford?
    no, Rockwood.  
    Well that's why you didn't taste charcoal :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac you've been in Illinois too long. Shoes are optional most of the year in the south, no matter what the task. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Help showed up for the last wheel

Make sure to wipe his feet before he runs in the house, or Mama will be very Unhappy.   ;)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @botch momma gets credit for the photo. She made sure he got all cleaned up. The bottoms were definitely what we call "grocery store feet." 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Picked up 2 mixed cases of beer from the Maine Beer Company tasting room.  Now @eggcelsior just needs to hope that some makes it back to Maryland.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Carne Asada ...

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @theyolksonyou that's awesome memories Jason!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Minding my own business, Smoking chicken for tomorrow, steak from my favorite butcher for dinner, and my wife knocks out this blueberry pie. One of the best things I've ever eaten. 

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Tournament weekend. People rigging for offshore or ready to cast lines. 

Yesterday was beautiful but super hot. 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Chuckies on

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Brisket on a stick. ETA 6:00PM Eastern

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    This is shaping up to be a great Open finish. Will Phil pull out another win? 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options
    This is shaping up to be a great Open finish. Will Phil pull out another win? 
    Nope.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Stenson is unconscious.  Nothing Phil could do today.  Wow!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Stenson is unconscious.  Nothing Phil could do today.  Wow!
    You just knew Stenson couldn't lose when his balled stopped just a couple feet short of that pothole bunker.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    At least no-one backed in to the win.  Dang, go -6 today and lose by 3.  Woulda lost that bet for sure.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    Going low carb starting tomorrow so I'm attempting to drink all the beer in the house today... So far, so good ;) 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Going low carb starting tomorrow so I'm attempting to drink all the beer in the house today... So far, so good ;) 
    Now that a solid plan... Keep us posted on your progress today and remember pics or it didn't happen !!!  ;)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Buy more beer today  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    Man, already into the low carb backup beer (more of a craft beer guy) No Sunday alcohol sales in Indiana. Best I can do

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• HoosierBBQ
    HoosierBBQ Posts: 111
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Man, already into the low carb backup beer (more of a craft beer guy) No Sunday alcohol sales in Indiana. Best I can do

Wish they would change that outdated law. In another couple months I will get even more frustrated during NFL season!
    Grilling year round in Orlando, FL on a large BGE & Santa Maria
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

mmmmmm
    You win!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Hans61
    Options
    Eating my surf and turf - the surf is a mahi mahi filet - the turf is a reverse seared bacon wrapped sirloin filet that cost $3.78!!!
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Nothing sexy on the egg today. Just finished shelling, blanching, vacuum sealing, and freezing a bushel of Christmas lima beans. Tis the season. =)
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Focker -  good for you.  If you haven't been on a HF before you are in for quite an experience.  It will be a day you won't forget.
    Here in Louisville we have a great rapport with the airport and TSA (same with whichever DC area airport we fly into as I'm sure you will see.)

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    Honor Flight wasn't taking guardian apps, but accepted mine.  Just got a phone call to confirm spot on next flight.

Last airport experience with a patient, family and horrible, horrible, airline was post traumatic without going into deets.  Was so pi$$ed, with security involved, vowed on the drive home never to step foot in an airport again.

Have to buck up, dust off, and get back on the horse for these good guys.

Mission date 9/15/16
    never can be too sure about those old time war heroes hey? good grief. Hope this one is way better. bless you for your efforts Brandon.