Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2016
    Options

Not the best quality, all I could find on short notice, but tasty.  Found a butcher who will get me better ones, when he orders carcasses upon return from vacation.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,513
    Options
    ^^^ Those look like the first beef ribs I tried; I make sure to get "plate" ribs now, much more meat on them.  

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,224
    Options
    Focker said:

Not the best quality, all I could find on short notice, but tasty.  Found a butcher who will get me better ones, when he orders carcasses upon return from vacation.  
    That's one skinny cow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,990
    Options
    The electrician started today. I ordered the drywall and ancillary items to be delivered after the plumbing and foam insulation is done, about two weeks from now. Just realized I may have an issue with beam depth for the canned lighting I had planned to install.may have to figure something else out.
    Kitchen moving on.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Focker
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Botch said:
    ^^^ Those look like the first beef ribs I tried; I make sure to get "plate" ribs now, much more meat on them.  
    Thanks.  I can find good hog around here no problem.  
    Beef, much, much harder.  These were $2 per lb.
    I called around to a dozen places.  Nobody has a clue, plate, English cut, nada.  Even the hermanos at my Mexican store.  Brisket is $5 per lb.  Crack kills.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The electrician started today. I ordered the drywall and ancillary items to be delivered after the plumbing and foam insulation is done, about two weeks from now. Just realized I may have an issue with beam depth for the canned lighting I had planned to install.may have to figure something else out.
    Kitchen moving on.
    They make renovation cans and boxes for old houses.  Don't ask me how I know this.
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Kitchen moving on.
    They make renovation cans and boxes for old houses.  Don't ask me how I know this.
    Yeah, thats what I ordered. Apparantly this is the only place on earth, at the turn of the 20th century, they used 2x6s. Every other has 2x8 or 2x10. I will figure it out, may fabricate something.
    I will check out to see if I can find some smaller. Thanks for the insight.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @YukonRon You can also go low voltage (with lights).  You don't need a can.  Also, may I suggest a disco ball for ambiance? ;)
    Options
    @YukonRon You can also go low voltage (with lights).  You don't need a can.  Also, may I suggest a disco ball for ambiance? ;)
    We have one hanging in the dance hall / living room. May be a bit redundant. But hey let's be bold.
    Actually I am looking up components. Currently looking at LED applications. I think I can come up with something. If not, DISCO BALL!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,484
    Options
    @YukonRon -  the only disco ball manufacturer left in the USA is in Louisville.  Transportation costs would be minimal.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Focker - @$2/lb those are a steal in the beef back rib offerings I see around here. Still giving the KBQ a workout I'm sure.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    If disco balls weren't made in the bible belt, I'd probably lose my mind.
    Options
    If disco balls weren't made in the bible belt, I'd probably lose my mind.
    Tobacco, bourbon, corvettes, race horses, big ass fans, camrys, expeditions, and disco balls, christmas tree lights a big boat, yup. That's what we are all about.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Focker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Focker - @$2/lb those are a steal in the beef back rib offerings I see around here. Still giving the KBQ a workout I'm sure.
    Found them at Save-A-Lot.  
    Ran both poppets open(clean and dirty smoke) smoke.  Crunchy bark, purty ring.  The KBQ polished them up.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Logged out, poured a beer, and started vacation.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,356
    Options
    Unloading the Weber from the truck. Took it to work today to roast the guys some good ol' Indiana sweet corn

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,224
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I threw on some ribs early today. Egg temp dropped to 180 right off the bat so I figured I'd jumpstart it and take off the cap and open the bottom vent. Well I got sidetracked and forgot about the ribs for an hour. Went outside to ribs cooking at 600F! At this point, I decided to keep on going just as an experiment. I wrapped in foil and choked the egg down to my known 235F setting. Foiled for 3hrs and then uncovered for about 30 minutes. 

This was right before pulling them off. 

Suprisingly they weren't too bad. Of course they were fairly dry but overall not too shabby. I'd say they were still better than at least 75% of the ribs I get at the BBQ joints. Considering how bad I butchered this cook, it makes me wonder how the restaurants can screw up ribs so badly. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Firing up the egg and enjoying a palomar or Paloma or something. I don't know what it is but it tastes excellent. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Cooked burgers for the folks at work.  About 40 people.  Mixed in homemade cold smoked bacon with the ground cow particles.  rained like a mf when I started cooking
    Options
    @theyolksonyou , that looks pretty good. ;) 
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options

Options

Options
    @Dyal_SC I'm sure the hippy could order up a Pittsburgh style to beat it out. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Too early for the beginning of the Friday night... @theyolksonyou ,  great looking banquet right there.  And @nolaegghead , great move for your co-workers.   I'm sure both were much appreciated by their respective audiences.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @DoubleEgger That pictures reminds me, my bow light got busted off coming back from @thatgrimguy 's cook.  Oh, well, they're cheap.
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @DoubleEgger  - great setting and pic.  
    @nolaegghead -  I won't ask about the circumstances...