Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    Drooling over the entire ribeye cut at Costco.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    45 day early wedding gift for my cousin. Strip loin. Going condom less in the beer fridge tomorrow. I'm going to be jealous as they will be eating good in the future!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    See you guys next grilling season :giggle: 

Thin skinned kids ... a little shoveling and a 550 degrees cook will overcome a little snow.

Rockwood, pecan, 550 degrees, four inches above the felt line direct, 2 inch thick chops cut from a Costco Rack of Pork.  Just had to take my new Smokeware black face temp gauge for a test drive. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I love Eggin' in the snow.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Wife just got home from 9yr old's soccer end of season party. While ther he announced he liked escargot, alligator, all kinds of meat, but not fast food. All the other kids and their parents looked at him like he had two heads.  =) I'm raising food snobs. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    See you guys next grilling season :giggle: 

Thin skinned kids ... a little shoveling and a 550 degrees cook will overcome a little snow.

Rockwood, pecan, 550 degrees, four inches above the felt line direct, 2 inch thick chops cut from a Costco Rack of Pork.  Just had to take my new Smokeware black face temp gauge for a test drive. 
    Ooooo. Rack of pork is one of my very favorites. Standing by. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @pgprescott ... no food pics from tonight.  Will take some pics of tomorrow's cook with the rest of the rack.  Have to fess up.  I've been saving this rack for the perfect day to cook it ... saving it from November of last year that is.  Very pleasantly surprised at how good the rack was after a year in the freezer.  Costco has them in the cooler again, but the missus wouldn't let me buy one until this one was gone.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @pgprescott ... no food pics from tonight.  Will take some pics of tomorrow's cook with the rest of the rack.  Have to fess up.  I've been saving this rack for the perfect day to cook it ... saving it from November of last year that is.  Very pleasantly surprised at how good the rack was after a year in the freezer.  Costco has them in the cooler again, but the missus wouldn't let me buy one until this one was gone.
    I'll keep an eye out Tom. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Just got home from a BBQ joint up the street.  Never been there before, but they had the best brisket I've bought from a restaurant.  I'm in VA, and trust me, they don't do brisket well around here 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Had some friends over tonight and I made some cedar planked salmon with Dizzy Pig Raging River.

After dinner and a bit of drinking me and my buddy went for a walk down to Sheetz.

Got some cheap cigars to smoke on the way back. Now I'm sitting here drinking a bit more.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    DMW, I want to hang out with you!
    Steve 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    DMW, I want to hang out with you!
    @YEMTrey - Just let me know when you are around, we have an extra bed and bathroom in the basement.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Really need some ice cream. No luck in the freezer. No driving. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    The wife could drive, but NOOOOOO!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Krispy Kreme open till midnight and she won't drive there either!  I'm going to retain council Monday morning. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Instead....

Uber my friend.  Uber.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Everyone fell asleep .... is it wrong to play this game alone?

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac ha! Nearest uber driver is at least 30 miles away. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac ha! Nearest uber driver is at least 30 miles away. 
    Bummer! aybe just have him bring you ice cream?
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Everyone fell asleep .... is it wrong to play this game alone?

Not if you need inspiration. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    The wife could drive, but NOOOOOO!

You could pull a George Jones
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @WeberWho? I don't even own a mower!  My FIL is my lawn service. I married his only child and he takes care of me. Guess I'll have to survive. 
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Now that you've brought George Jones into it!  @SGH I know he has to be one of you're favorites.  He's one of mine.  A legend.
    Steve 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm setting up for a old school turkey breast smoke. This bird will run at 180 degrees for 4 hours over Apple wood and then I will bump temp to 200 until finished. Probably will finish over oak instead of more Apple. Rockwood is the lump of choice here so I can control the smoke profile to my liking. For rub I going with kosher salt, black pepper and real heavy on cayenne. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Prepping dinner and my contribution to the office thanksgiving potluck.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SGH
    Options
    @Acn
    I wish that I was having dinner with you =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Going on at 180.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    A test of the boudin. It passed with flying colors. 

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    Freeze tests are extremely hard to do.  Watch some videos on them.  Boiling water is the only calibration you need to care about for BBQ.
    I actually was testing it against my thermopen which is dead on. Tested with 35 degree water on the "freeze test". 

Are you sure you were in the same units on all devices?  Looks like you were off by a celsius to fahrenheit factor at the low end.
    Yup. I thought of that. The test was consistent on the high end and low end to ensure that the probes were consistent through a range of temperature.