Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    When I first glanced at that picture....I thought he was wearing beagle ears.  Nice plating job...little sloppy on the chip placement.  Teach him about garnish, and you have a chef.
    The funny thing is, I was just throwing food on my plate and I hear, "I'm working on getting my plating right."  Then his big brother says, "oh, let daddy post that on the egg forum."

so I just grabbed the phone and snapped it just how he had it. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I'm sitting in a hotel room drinking and vaping.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Good looking plate @theyolksonyou
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I am typing "now", right now.
    Options
    @johnnyp - Here is the pepper my friend. I tried to PM you a pic but don't know if the pic went through. I haven't got to try the pepper myself, however I have heard real good things from those who have used it.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    SGH said:
    @johnnyp - Here is the pepper my friend. I tried to PM you a pic but don't know if the pic went through. I haven't got to try the pepper myself, however I have heard real good things from those who have used it.

Thanks man.  I got your message as wel- pax came through fine. Thanks for getting back with me. I look forward to hearing a review 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Made some smoked chicken salad a la @henapple ...

Two whole chickens
    Green onion 
    Red pepper
    Yellow onion
    Celery 
    Dukes mayo
    Celery seed
    Lemon juice
    Salt 
    Pepper 

Took the skin off the chicken after I pulled and then placed back on the egg to crisp up. 

Rockwood lump with apple and hickory.  Around 375° cooking temp. 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @nolaegghead
    The burner for the crawfish competition came today. Angie sent me some pics of it. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH nice.  I have three burners.  I'm actually boiling a turkey in the morning.
    Options
    @SGH, I know your out at sea but does this mean one day soon you'll be able to post a cook?  Only hoping bother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @SGH, I know your out at sea but does this mean one day soon you'll be able to post a cook?  Only hoping bother!
    Yes sir. My time is drawing nigh. The KODIAK Deepwater pipeline will soon be laying on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. I'm not going out with it to lay, once it's spooled onto the ship, I'm done my friend. Projected spool completion is two weeks, give or take a little either way. I'm ready brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I'm actually boiling a turkey in the morning.
    I hope in hot peanut oil, not water ;)

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    And we're ready for you my friend!  Appreciate all your hard work and look forward to when you can post a cook my fiend!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm actually boiling a turkey in the morning.
    I hope in hot peanut oil, not water ;)
    Nope.

Options
    @nolaegghead, you're not doing that!  You're gonna eat beignets and drink chicory coffee, cuz you can my friend!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH I've had this turkey before once and it's amazing.  I've never boiled one before...this is my first time.  I'm firing this up in the morning along with 6 racks baby back ribs, 2 butts and a 12 pound rump roast.  Everything but the turkey I cooked via SV yesterday.  It's going back in the SV in the morning and then on three eggs.  This is for my company's thanksgiving lunch.  I cook all the proteins each year and the sides are pot-luck.  

This turkey method is fairly unheard of, at least in the circles I run in.  And I've never seen or heard of it in any restaurants here.  The turkey is SPICY.  F yeah.  Wish me luck.
    Options
    @bgebrent sadly, no.  I'm getting out of bed and immediately throwing all the meat into the baths and firing up the eggs and boiler.  Cooking 50 plus pounds of 4 different meats and getting it to my office by 11:30 takes some coordination.  Done the drill before and I have it down pat.  The SV makes it fairly easy but I have to stay on point.
    Options
    @nolaegghead, I'm confident you'll be on point brother and strong work!  Utilizing the SV is brilliant friend.  And now lets talk politics :o
  • SGH
    Options
    This turkey method is fairly unheard of, at least in the circles I run in.  
    Agree^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. However the very company that I just got that big burner from has a boiled Cajun turkey recipe on YouTube. I may have to try a thermonuclear turkey boil myself. Good luck and let me know what you think of it. 

Status- Standing by.

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    @nolaegghead I would assume your up and working on it.  I would love to see some pics and hear some thoughts on the taste
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I will post some.  I'm in haul-butt mode right now.

edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm thinking about trolling on cazzys cooler thread. I haven't had much time lately to stir up the Yeti boys. This seems like a good morning for it ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Brother I have been real busy all night. Haven't been on the forum since I wrote the Yeti speech this afternoon. How did the turkey turn out?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    After 116 nights straight without a night off, I'm finally enjoying being home. At long last, it's finally over. Just throwed my large egg in a nest. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Next project, I'm going to pick up my shipment of Rockwood. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    So, been catching up on this thread ... boiled Turkey!  You cannot be serious.  

Boiled bird of any kind is definetely my very least favorite.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Sitting on a conference call and doing some holiday shopping online.  Multitasking!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Finally not travelling and am working from home today. Just tossed a couple slabs of spares on the XL.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH said:

Brother I have been real busy all night. Haven't been on the forum since I wrote the Yeti speech this afternoon. How did the turkey turn out?
    Huge hit.  It was devoured in about 15 minutes by a hungry horde of coworkers.

I cooked another plus a chicken when I got home.