Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @nolaegghead Give me a call when you have a minute. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Just made the executive decision to take the afternoon off. My boss is in Italy, he'll never know. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Just made the executive decision to take the afternoon off. My boss is in Italy, he'll never know. 
    I just took the rest of the year off!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Huge hit.  It was devoured in about 15 minutes by a hungry horde of coworkers
    Glad to hear it brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Since I'm not going back...brisket chili

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Putting up my neighbors Christmas lights in their roof. Been doing it annually for 15-17 yrs. They seem to appreciate it. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Putting up my neighbors Christmas lights in their roof. Been doing it annually for 15-17 yrs. They seem to appreciate it. 
    Do you make it say "MOW YOUR LAWN" or anything constructive?
    Options
    @nolaegghead They are in their upper 80s (sisters). Sweet ladies. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    "BUY DEPENDS!"

I kid, I kid ;)
    Options
    Letting Big John idle. Hasn't been started in months. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    picked up my new door from the painter.  Once installed, all the damage from brisket camp will be repaired.
    edited November 2015
    Options
    So, been catching up on this thread ... boiled Turkey!  You cannot be serious.  

Boiled bird of any kind is definetely my very least favorite.
    First: who here is old enough to remember "The Frugal Gourmet"?  Had a show on PBS, minister-turned-cooking host, and wrote the first cookbook I ever bought.  
    Not a good cookbook at all, don't even have it anymore, and he was convicted of child molestation (former minister) and put in prison.  
    However, he published a chinese chicken cook recipe that I've used forever:  bring a big pot of salted water to a boil, drop a room-temp raw chicken in, and as soon as it returned to a boil, put a lid on it and turn off the burner.
    Walk away.  Just, walk away!  [/Alton]
    Come back in 1 hour, and you have perfectly-cooked clucker for chicken salad, sliced for sammiches, chopped for soup, etc.  Of course Egg-smoked is much better, but I used that recipe for many, many years.  FWIW.   

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    I'm kinda drunk. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Recalibrated my Stoker probes. Boil and freeze test
    2 food probes and 2 grill temp probes.

Food probe 1 adjusted 38 degrees
    Food probe 2 adjusted 36 degrees.
    Grill probe 1 adjusted 37 degrees.
    Grill probe 2 adjusted 37 degrees. 

Stoker is garbage. What a joke. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Recalibrated my Stoker probes. Boil and freeze test
    2 food probes and 2 grill temp probes.

Food probe 1 adjusted 38 degrees
    Food probe 2 adjusted 36 degrees.
    Grill probe 1 adjusted 37 degrees.
    Grill probe 2 adjusted 37 degrees. 

Stoker is garbage. What a joke. 
    That's interesting!  As an engineer, I'll point out that Stoker probes are not accurate, but they are pretty precise.   ;)

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @Botch ... that sure looks suspect ... all four probes off by that much, and yet, that close to each other.  Would guess that a component shared by all four probes has drifted or is going bad ... yes/no.  Either that or the guy who did the last calibration screwed up. =)

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Botch
    Options
    I'm guessing that the calibration guy screwed up.  The OP used a boil/freeze test, which is hard to screw up; if the probes all "drifted", they'd be all over the place, instead they all landed in (essentially) the same spot.
    Calibration was screwed up, somehow.  

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    There's no telling with this problem ridden POS. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Loving the #2 so the vomit blue team ranked number 1 can live scared.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Freeze tests are extremely hard to do.  Watch some videos on them.  Boiling water is the only calibration you need to care about for BBQ.
    Options
    That's because freeze test are only issued by SWMBO.  Not interested in those videos.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Freeze tests are extremely hard to do.  Watch some videos on them.  Boiling water is the only calibration you need to care about for BBQ.
    I actually was testing it against my thermopen which is dead on. Tested with 35 degree water on the "freeze test". 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Be careful to avoid appendage frost bite brother double!  Difficult to recover from.  The only sentence where finishing with a preposition is acceptable.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I actually was testing it against my thermopen which is dead on. Tested with 35 degree water on the "freeze test". 

Are you sure you were in the same units on all devices?  Looks like you were off by a celsius to fahrenheit factor at the low end.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2015
    Options

Sometimes a ride home with the tailgate down is justified. lol

Fock turkey.   =)

"Uncle Pook, there is blood on my shoe!"

Practice pays, and tracking sucks.  (liver, heart)

SO proud of my boys man(son 8, nephew 4)
    Son held flashlight and leg, handed me gut hook, brisket spreader, leek.
    We had fun, had to channel my inner child, not hard to do.  "Son shine the light on her butthole so I can cut around it."  Giggling

A few of the comments:
    "Uncle Pook, it's smokey.  Is it hot?"
    "Deer terds are small"
    "Dad, it smells like skunk"

No complaints of nausea, no gag reflexes initiated.  Everything I asked them to do, they did it.  Couldn't have done it without them, and couldn't be happier with how it went down.  Didn't know how they would react after the talk in the truck on our way out to the field.  

Will probably here from the moms involved.  Oh well. lol

Man I love this life.  :)

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Starting on dinner

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    See you guys next grilling season :giggle: 

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Options
    OZZIE!!   :o
    You get a whisk broom out and keep grilling!

There is no "season"....  

• Botch
    Options
    I went for a two-hour motorcycle ride, beautiful day, cold (it's gonna take a couple hours to warm up, doing dishes helped).  Just had to be careful with all the leaves on the curves.  Postman brought my new Ott platesetter tool, I'm psyched!   B)

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Sitting in a straight back chair watching OSU/MichSt and LSU/Ole Miss.  Tweaked my back this morning - one wrong move and I'm paralyzed, hurts like a mofo.
    Signal Mountain, TN