Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NC Butt Blast 2016

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @tarheelmatt, gonna need better pictures than the crap you posted earlier!  Could you get a pro who knows how to take photos?  Also, need confirmation on the petting zoo or the KY contingent is out.
    So seriously, this is shaping up to be a great get together!  Despite the allegiance to a false god.  I'll be there, so long as you promise the petting zoo. Thanks also to @johninCarolina for helping make this happen.  I look forward to meeting you losers.  April, will be telling ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    DMW said:
    Looks like about an 8 hour drive. That's do-able. 
    Should be a pretty easy drive.  
    81 to 77 through Va and nc. Really some of the best interstate on the east coast. Just plan meals as there's NO good gas stations or fast food!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Us Kentuckians use GPS.  Hope the other rednecks can find their way with your help.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @tarheelmatt, gonna need better pictures than the crap you posted earlier!  Could you get a pro who knows how to take photos?  Also, need confirmation on the petting zoo or the KY contingent is out.
    So seriously, this is shaping up to be a great get together!  Despite the allegiance to a false god.  I'll be there, so long as you promise the petting zoo. Thanks also to @johninCarolina for helping make this happen.  I look forward to meeting you losers.  April, will be telling ;)
    I used my phone to take these. I knew those backwoods KY folks would struggle loading the page with a 56k modem and dial up. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options

KatNOcook and I are in for sure, will get camp site reservation Monday.

Thanks to all who got this going. :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bgebrent
    Options
    I hate my damn dial up Matt!  I think my modem is 23K.  If you could get some PROFFESSIONAL  photos me and my crew might come over to the event you losers propose.  Kinda like entering the 9th ring of Dante's Inferno, kinda!  Thanks Little guy!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I think the UK, UNC, Duke guys should compete for who can bring the largest quantity of high dollar liquor and beer. I'll help judge. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Brother @theyolksonyou, I agree!  Those cheating Dukeis and NC pussies don't know Jack Sihlt about fine bourbon, much less beer and wine.  Judges must pay $200 of course!
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I hate my damn dial up Matt!  I think my modem is 23K.  If you could get some PROFFESSIONAL  photos me and my crew might come over to the event you losers propose.  Kinda like entering the 9th ring of Dante's Inferno, kinda!  Thanks Little guy!
    If you come, professional photos will be taken and distributed (note only people, no poses (especially those sexual poses with goats for KY folks)). 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    I think the UK, UNC, Duke guys should compete for who can bring the largest quantity of high dollar liquor and beer. I'll help judge. 
    Thanks Jason! I'd be like a legless man in an ass kicking contest.  I cannot compete with Nip/Tuck and Dr. Peabody.
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @tarheelmatt you've got my number, I'll help you out!
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    @theyolksonyou, Sandy and I hope to see you and Amy there. KDP will most likely me there also.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @piney I'm 99% sure we'll be there, hope to bring the boys, but that's prime baseball season. Can't miss a chance to see Sandy and @kdp

you ain't so bad yourself. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Damn, you keep talkin bout goats…  I'll be there for sure.  Let me know if you need me to bring anything that you losers can't provide.  Like a win over Puke

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Damn, you keep talkin bout goats…  I'll be there for sure.  Let me know if you need me to bring anything that you losers can't provide.  Like a win over Puke

Hell, we will cook a goat!
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Lit said:
    This could be fun. Wife said ok. Need to remember to get cabin tomorrow. Look forward to meeting some of y'all 
    Could be; some of y'all??
    We have been to a decent amount of fests. Like the majority of people but there have been some just decent encounters. Lots of old people with eggs for some people.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Lit said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Lit said:
    This could be fun. Wife said ok. Need to remember to get cabin tomorrow. Look forward to meeting some of y'all 
    We have been to a decent amount of fests. Like the majority of people but there have been some just decent encounters. Lots of old people with eggs for some people.
    This is different though.. It's a blast instead.  The way it's shaping up, some of the interesting characters are showing up. 

The clown car from KY should be rolling in too!
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Please don't cook a goat @tarheelmatt, in Kentucky we prefer beef, lamb and seafood.  If you need to cook a goat to make Northcarolinians comfortable, please do.  On that point, you should bring some opossum and pigeon.  We'll try our best not to make you feel inferior.  You're welcome. =)
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Lit said:
    This is different though.. It's a blast instead.  The way it's shaping up, some of the interesting characters are showing up. 

The clown car from KY should be rolling in too!
    Yeah not trying to be a downer at all. Sounds like a blast.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Can I drive the clown car?  I passed my drivers test the 7th time.  Cost my mother some fine teeth.
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Gorgeous. We'll be there. Thanks!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @tarheelmatt
    If I'm not working I will be there. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Good find Matt.. 1hr15min from my house..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SGH
    Options
    Butt Blast, got to love the name =) It's original for sure. I'm just not sure that I want to tell my friends that I attended a butt blasting ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    SGH said:
    @tarheelmatt
    @SGH, I think you need to put in for vacation time. You can stay at my place if needed we got room.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH
    Options
    piney said:
    SGH said:
    @tarheelmatt
    @SGH, I think you need to put in for vacation time. You can stay at my place if needed we got room.
    Thank you brother. That would be awesome. 

Status- Standing by.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    This would be a challenge for me to get to from Texas, but @Eggcelsior, is there any chance you could drive my son down?  If you could do that there is a slim possibility that my wife and I could make it. 

It sounds like you guys could use a Duke grad to keep @bgebrent in line.  Of course, if the KY jelly boys are fresh off a hoops championship even that won't be enough.  In that case we might need to import some UCLA fans so they can point out that 11 national championships are more than however many KY claims to have. (KY's first two "championships" came in an era when many considered the NIT the real national championship)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Inflatable sumo wrestling would be awesome....
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Inflatable sumo wrestling would be awesome....
    We wouldn't even need the suits.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Nola's better half said we should have called this event "Burning Loin."  Maybe next time...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike