Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 20

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    All reports so far are that the product is equal too or superior to Yeti.

The above is why they have been dubbed Yeti Killers. Holds twice the ice, half the price and just as nice. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

BIll-W221 said:
    order cancelled, not worth the aggravation to me. 
    Someone just got bumped up!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Lit said:
    swordsmn said:
    4Runner said:
    That and they are tied up in their legal battle.  Better get them while you can because they may not be available...well, since they aren't readily available now they may be even less available than they are today.  Of course after you account for your money tied up for 5 months your "yeti killer" is approaching the cost of the original. 
    Custom Guns/Knives require long waits.    As to tying $$ up for a few months,  it was less than $200.   I didn't have investments that pay enough to NOT save 50%  on a premium cooler pre-order.  
    REI lets you use the 20% off coupons that they do yearly on Yetis so you really only saved 30% to wait for an inferior product  and have your money tied up. Based on all the shipping issues so far with not even being able to tell people an expected date and then moving them once they do finally tell them I doubt this company will be around long even if Yeti doesn't own them after the lawsuit. Seems like a risky but to me I will stick with my Yetis happily. 
    I don't know why you and @4Runner care so much.  Depending on what you value yourself at, you've wasted some coin in all of the RTIC threads.  We get it bro, you think we're all stupid.  I love my inferior product that holds more ice and drinks at 1/2 the price.
    Just trolling like everyone else. I'm at work so I am making coin. It would be nice if these coolers turn out to be good I am going to need a larger Yeti at some point so that could bring their prices down. 
  • SGH
    Options
    cazzy said:
      I love my inferior product that holds more ice and drinks at 1/2 the price.
    As a owner of both brands, I can assure you that the Yeti Killer is not inferior in any way. It's actually thicker than the Yeti.  

cazzy said:

BIll-W221 said:
    order cancelled, not worth the aggravation to me. 
    Someone just got bumped up!!
    I hope it's me. I ordered a second 65 for Nola that didn't come with the original 3. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks cool, but $25 for a cup-holder?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    Thats right up there with paying 400 for a cooler ;)

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I can see why anyone who invested heavily in Yeti would want this to be a huge flop.  My face is egg free and I'm glad I jumped on board.  I actually like my 20 so much, I'm going to pick up her two big brothers!!
  • SGH
    Options
    cazzy said:
      I actually like my 20 so much, I'm going to pick up her two big brothers!!
    I did this right out the gate. Just to good of a offer to pass up.  

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:
    cazzy said:
      I actually like my 20 so much, I'm going to pick up her two big brothers!!
    I did this right out the gate. Just to good of a offer to pass up.  
    I don't think it was an offer...that is their standard price and part of their marketing campaign.
  • Lit
    Options
    cazzy said:
    I can see why anyone who invested heavily in Yeti would want this to be a huge flop.  My face is egg free and I'm glad I jumped on board.  I actually like my 20 so much, I'm going to pick up her two big brothers!!
    He may have to wait the full 9 months to see them.
  • cazzy
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lit said:
    cazzy said:
    LOL. I'm retired and am in no hurry bruh!  
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Paid $150 for my roadie but yeah full price on yeti is steep. Used the coupon on the hopper so I am set.
    only thing about the roadie and I'm sure the rtic 20 is the damn weight. 
    Seattle, WA
  • cazzy
    Options

cazzy said:
    Lit said:
    cazzy said:
    I'm also super patient.  I'm supposed to get a Sonic ice machine sometime this year or next.  I haven't checked on it once.  Love surprises!!  Lol
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I am an ice eating machine, standing by for your review in 2016.....umm or 2017? Haha
    Seattle, WA
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I ordered mine the day @SGH originally posted about them. My wife just called and it's at the house. I'm looking forward to testing the big 65qt over the weekend. I also am ordering a 20... just too darned convenient of a size.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    cazzy said:

cazzy said:
    Lit said:
    cazzy said:
    I'm also super patient.  I'm supposed to get a Sonic ice machine sometime this year or next.  I haven't checked on it once.  Love surprises!!  Lol
    I have the pellet ice machine on order for next year as well......can't wait.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Lit said:
    swordsmn said:
    4Runner said:
    That and they are tied up in their legal battle.  Better get them while you can because they may not be available...well, since they aren't readily available now they may be even less available than they are today.  Of course after you account for your money tied up for 5 months your "yeti killer" is approaching the cost of the original. 
    Custom Guns/Knives require long waits.    As to tying $$ up for a few months,  it was less than $200.   I didn't have investments that pay enough to NOT save 50%  on a premium cooler pre-order.  
    REI lets you use the 20% off coupons that they do yearly on Yetis so you really only saved 30% to wait for an inferior product  and have your money tied up. Based on all the shipping issues so far with not even being able to tell people an expected date and then moving them once they do finally tell them I doubt this company will be around long even if Yeti doesn't own them after the lawsuit. Seems like a risky but to me I will stick with my Yetis happily. 
    Don't forget sales tax that most RTIC buyers don't pay. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Lit said:
    swordsmn said:
    4Runner said:
    Don't forget sales tax that most RTIC buyers don't pay. 
    Don't encourage him......he's been a black cloud hanging over this thread since day one.   =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    DMW said:
    im too cheap to pay 25 dollars, but trust me when i say its going to cost alot more when i make them =)  i need a fishing rod holder and a drink holder
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Options
    So I went to the link above to their website and saw the images but I didn't see where they put all the lead. Does anyone know if that's why they had to make the walls thicker to get the lead in?
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Lit said:
    So I went to the link above to their website and saw the images but I didn't see where they put all the lead. Does anyone know if that's why they had to make the walls thicker to get the lead in?
    Since I leave my beer in the bottles and don't pour it directly into the cooler all is good...but having some back pain because all the extra cash in my wallet...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Looks like this thread will survive until "beer 30" this afternoon. Getting out the Orville Reddenbacher now...
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Lit
    Options
    The positive is with all the crap probably mixed in that insulation you won't need to preheat them for FTC they will warm themselves.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    I am in no hurry so it makes no difference to me, however with that said I think RTIC has definitely showed some favoritism on shipping. Ordered July 2nd in green, then confirmed and paid back on Aug 18th and order ship date is on or before December 4th. That is 107 days which is way longer than 60-90. Others I think more local have ordered same time or after and already have received coolers. Lots of promises have fallen through but like I said I'm in no hurry and don't care about the change. I had previously bought a new age column from Sams for the same price only smaller and the quality wasn't great so with a shipping prepaid return policy its a no brainier. Value is in the eye of the holder.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I am in no hurry so it makes no difference to me, however with that said I think RTIC has definitely showed some favoritism on shipping. Ordered July 2nd in green, then confirmed and paid back on Aug 18th and order ship date is on or before December 4th. That is 107 days which is way longer than 60-90. Others I think more local have ordered same time or after and already have received coolers. Lots of promises have fallen through but like I said I'm in no hurry and don't care about the change. I had previously bought a new age column from Sams for the same price only smaller and the quality wasn't great so with a shipping prepaid return policy its a no brainier. Value is in the eye of the holder.
    When they sent their confirmation email out for you to give them money, they indicated that due to demand, they would be producing white and tan only to start. If you kept your green selection, that explains the delay. I had selected green initially, but changed to white.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    DMW said:
    When they sent their confirmation email out for you to give them money, they indicated that due to demand, they would be producing white and tan only to start. If you kept your green selection, that explains the delay. I had selected green initially, but changed to white.
    When I paid for it I switched the color to tan which I guess as caused even further delays. It gets here when it gets here. Just looked at a Tan 20 also and estimated ship date if ordered today would be Feb 1st. 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    @SGH I've completed my journey to the dark side. Arrived today. I'm super impressed. It'll get a sure 'nuff test over the Thanksgiving holidays. 

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    If they would have designed the cooler to accept an axle for a set of wheels, that would be awesome.