Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cecil's dead, man. Cecil is dead.

Options

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Just watched the Kimmel clip. Stick to entertainment douche. 
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    JIC is that Billy Ray Cyrus?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @stlcharcoal

I have thought about this a bunch.  In the end I think people feel like they can do something about this.

Murders, drugs, corruption seem depressing and unsolvable situation.  This one has a clear target that people feel like then can get at:

Overprivledged white guy cheating the system.

Not saying its right/wrong view just all I can figure.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @stlcharcoal

Overprivledged white guy cheating the system.
    I don't agree with what the guy did. I personally would not kill a lion, bear, etc. I don't see the sense in it. My son kills deer every year and eats them so I don't have a problem with it. I also don't have a problem with hunting in general, but I wouldn't kill an animal that either me or someone wouldn't eat. 

Anyway is the guy really overprivledged? Just because he is / was a successful dentist doesn't mean, to me, he was overprivledged. It means he worked hard and earned his money. How is that a bad thing? 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Everyone simmer down now. 

When you say something is horrible but then say, well, there's a lot of other horrible stuff out there, this is getting disproportionate attention - you're really saying it's not that bad.  

Yeah, some a$$hole gets capped in the city, doesn't make much news.  We don't really cover when a lion kills another lion either.  These things have nothing in common except death.  

Let this douchebag be a poster child for others who want to trophy hunt threatened or endangered species.  The 50k is nothing compared to the tourist revenue.  Plus studies show only about 5-10% of that money makes it into the conservation effort. 

Sure, there are horrible things that happen all the time but they're not mutually exclusive.
    Options
    Come on @nolaegghead lay off the conservative hate. 
    What are you talking about?
    Options
    Come on @nolaegghead lay off the conservative hate. 
    What are you talking about?
    I am talking about the fact that you reference Fox News watchers on here an awful lot. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @johnkitchens I don't necessarily subscribe to the over privledged view.

He earned the money and spent it how he saw fit.  He didn't factor in this cost.

btw, he settled a sexual assault lawsuit, had a felony for lying about where he killed a bear, and now this.  He seems morally bankrupt to me.

His timing sucks.  Lions in the wild generally don't live past 14yrs old.  Cecil was 13.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @johnkitchens - I'm playing with @doubleegger - he jokingly accused me posting something because I was bored because MSNBC was slow today.  It's hardly any kind of hate on my part.  Plus they're anything but fair and balanced....the irony is off the irony charts.  I think that's funny.  Don't you?
    Options
    btw, he settled a sexual assault lawsuit, had a felony for lying about where he killed a bear, and now this.  He seems morally bankrupt to me.
    I agree with you concerning that. He seems like a douche, and those facts just add to his douchiness (is that even a word?)

• nolaegghead
    Options
    "douchiness" is a valid, recognized neologism, you're fine.
    Options
    @johnkitchens - I'm playing with @doubleegger - he jokingly accused me posting something because I was bored because MSNBC was slow today.  It's hardly any kind of hate on my part.  Plus they're anything but fair and balanced....the irony is off the irony charts.  I think that's funny.  Don't you?
    It is all good @nolaegghead.  I consider you "good people" even though you are on the left side of things. I just know that the left side makes fun of Fox News viewers, but we do the same thing concerning MSNBC and CNN viewers. 

Like I said it is all good, and I do think of you as a good guy! 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The Dems wanna kill babies until the 39th week of gestation but a lion heads the newscast.  He could've made some good lean jerky outta that lion!  
    This post is for you, @SGH
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    thetrim said:
    The Dems wanna kill babies until the 39th week of gestation but a lion heads the newscast.  He could've made some good lean jerky outta that lion!  
    We're not on the endangered species list.  Plus that's incorrect.
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Thank you brother trim. I'm trying real hard to stay out of the conversation as requested. But know that I'm on your side 100% my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    I read this today and thought of you @nolaegghead

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    You can make anything into jerkey @nolaegghead

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    You can milk anything with nipples. 
    Isn't that what Focker said? 

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Let's see, this guy is a dentist so he must be pretty smart, right; and he's already a convicted felon for lying about killing a bear illegally; and some of you are gonna go ahead and believe the guy when he says he was just doing what the guide was telling him to do and he couldn't figure out something wasn't quite right about this whole operation? Sure...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DMW said
    I know I'm being milked every day, by the gov'ment.
    I was hoping against all hope that someone would say it for me. Thank you brother D. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    JIC is that Billy Ray Cyrus?

No it's a political hit. One of Trump's Sons that big game hunts. 

I follow up with this. (you know I love ya JIC :wink: ). I'm not a Trump backer. I'm all in for Marco. Hillary is and has always been swarmy. I mean if we're gonna politicize let's do this ****!

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    That's BS Balakie.  What investigation said that happened?

That's like me posting dead US servicemen in Iraq and saying it was on George Bush.
    Options
    But I'm above that.
    Options
    That's like me posting dead US servicemen in Iraq and saying it was on George Bush.
    Brother Bush was a great American and a a$$ kicker. He was certainly not the equal of Big Ron, but great nonetheless. 

Status- Standing by.