Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Ladeback69...found Chris Marks on FB.  Thanks.  Also saw him using the Food Loops...I gotta get me some and try them out.

Always learning.

Thanks again.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lots of good looking deliveries! My 11lbs of goodness is waiting to be picked up by UPS as we speak.
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I want to give a big shout out to the Hapster. It was like Christmas in The Summer. I am a simple guy and the things he picked were exactly what I have been wanting to try. I was on the road for work and my wife called me to tell me that a box from some place called Firecraft had showed up =) . It was heavy and could I please get it out of her living room pronto. I quickly rearranged my schedule and headed for home. I think I had a look of glee all the way through the front door. I just want to thank you for the very generous gift. It absolutely made my day. I have been wanting to try Rockwood and it is unavailable here in Ohio. And I have never tried any of the Dizzy products. This is outstanding and I very much appreciate it. You went way above and beyond.
    IMG_0055[1].JPG

Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    edited June 2015
    Options
    OMG... Came home this afternoon and couldn't get onto my street.  Had to park a block away and walk in.

When I turned the corner there were cop cars and the bomb squad parked in front of my house... it was all roped off with yellow crime scene tape and it looked like there had been a massacre.

I started to run up there when I saw my wife on the sidewalk.  She appeared to be OK, so I asked her what happened.

She said that she opened the front door and saw a strange box on the porch.  She knew that she hadn't ordered anything and knew that I hadn't ordered anything so she got nervous and called 911 and said that someone had placed a box on our porch.

Cops, bomb squad and a little robot thingy to check it out.  They decided the safest thing was to blow it up in place.

Now I've got F%$@# BBQ sauce all over the front of my house and I wanna know who's gonna pay to have my house repainted!!

WHAT???

BUT.... it didn't. :lol:

What did happen was this.....
    San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • UncleFred
    edited June 2015
    Options

We scored Big Time!!  Thanks to @NCEggSmoker !!

Yo NCEggSmoker.... Ya done good son!

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    UncleFred said:

Love Jim's Own rubs and sauces. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    Received my package today from Alan in IL.  Not sure of his handle on here as I didn't see any indication of it in the box.   Whoever you are you put together one awesome box!!!!!  A great assortment of sauces and rubs, mostly from IL and some chili mix.   The variety in this box is amazing,  there's marinades, steak sauces,  bbq sauces,  all different rubs for beef, chicken,  and pork. I've never tried any of this and never even heard of most of it.   I've been in a funk lately and not very motivated to cook but this box has got me super pumped!!!!   Unfortunately USPS didn't handle the box properly and 2 of the bottles were completely destroyed to the point where I couldn't even make out what they were.   They made quite a mess but nothing a little cleanup couldn't fix.   Not knocking my elf's packing skills at all as all the glass was bubble wrapped.  Looks like something heavy got dropped on top.   Now I'm hoping my box makes it without damage as I didn't pack any better than my elf.   
    Anyway,  what an awesome box and my family is already asking what I'm cooking next!  Great job Alan, hope you come forward and take credit for the awesome job you did putting this together. 

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    shucker said:
    Received my package today from Alan in IL.  Not sure of his handle on here as I didn't see any indication of it in the box.   Whoever you are you put together one awesome box!!!!!  A great assortment of sauces and rubs, mostly from IL and some chili mix.   The variety in this box is amazing,  there's marinades, steak sauces,  bbq sauces,  all different rubs for beef, chicken,  and pork. I've never tried any of this and never even heard of most of it.   I've been in a funk lately and not very motivated to cook but this box has got me super pumped!!!!   Unfortunately USPS didn't handle the box properly and 2 of the bottles were completely destroyed to the point where I couldn't even make out what they were.   They made quite a mess but nothing a little cleanup couldn't fix.   Not knocking my elf's packing skills at all as all the glass was bubble wrapped.  Looks like something heavy got dropped on top.   Now I'm hoping my box makes it without damage as I didn't pack any better than my elf.   
    Anyway,  what an awesome box and my family is already asking what I'm cooking next!  Great job Alan, hope you come forward and take credit for the awesome job you did putting this together. 
    Great job @Roadpuke0
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @shucker You are gonna love the Cin Chili. Remember no beans !
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    shucker said:
    Received my package today from Alan in IL.  Not sure of his handle on here as I didn't see any indication of it in the box.   Whoever you are you put together one awesome box!!!!!  A great assortment of sauces and rubs, mostly from IL and some chili mix.   The variety in this box is amazing,  there's marinades, steak sauces....
    You're going to like that Andria's steak sauce.
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    UncleFred said:

Glad everything made it ok. Hope you enjoy. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • UncleFred
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Glad everything made it ok. Hope you enjoy. 
    (in my best Jerry Reed voice...)

Be positive son... ain't no "hope" involved here.  I KNOW we gonna enjoy it.

Again, many thanks...

Ahhhh the only thing I didn't find in the box was the "reorder" form. Musta been an oversight huh?  =)
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    shucker said:

Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    That package would be from me brother. Sorry was in a hurry and for got my paper I had to put in the box. Ticks me off on the damage. Sorry! They wife had it packed tight and thought it would be ok. Appears the mustard bbq sauce and the root beer bbq sauce were toasted. If time allows and I'm back at those locations and my busy mind remembers I'll picked them up I will resend. The root beer bbq sauce is something unique. I hope you enjoy the items I sent and it was my pleasure. 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Steven @stemc33 sent me an awesome box of rubs, jellies and sauces from the Northwest. Not a single item I'd ever seen or tried before. I had cheese and crackers with the pepper jellies last night. Especially can't wait to try the ambrosia with some pork and the chicken rub with dried cranberries in it. 

Awesome job. 

When I first seen the NC in your @NCEggSmoker forum name, I thought crap, what am I going to get a guy from what some call the BBQ Capital. I started picking up a few things in Alaska and Oregon on my vacation looking for things made locally. I was hoping I wouldn't draw someone from the PNW. They probably wouldn't have been impressed with the Burgerville spread. The Burgerville sauce is from a popular fast food restaurant in the PNW that advertises with the slogan "Inconveniently located for most of America". That's one of the first pit stops for a person from the PNW has been out of the region for a length of time. At the same time, I was also hoping I wouldn't draw somebody from a BBQ hotspot. Hard to shop for you guys that have it all. 

Although there's only a few things from Wyoming as it's not known for BBQ/Cooking. I'm glad it's all new stuff to you. 

This is has been a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy sauces/rubs/jellies. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Eggheads are like my twisted extended family. And this thread proves we're family and givers. It's freaking awesome. Thanks for quarterbacking this thang Carl :clap: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Bravo!!  Big hand to Carl for running this whole thing! He might be a hack with brisket, but he knows how to bring people together! 
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    @UncleFred, I got some Jim's Own Sauce in my box last year. That stuff is awesome. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • UncleFred
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    @UncleFred, I got some Jim's Own Sauce in my box last year. That stuff is awesome. 
    Ya, I see a nice pork butt in my very near future!!
  • OmahaOne
    OmahaOne Posts: 154
    Options

I received my stuff from Jonathan Heslop on Thursday. I was worried because the tracker first said it would be here Tuesday and I haven't had the best of luck with our post office. Great package. Love the "ROCKWOOD" apron. I haven't had any of this stuff and I'm looking forward to some great cooks with it. Thanks Jonathan.
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    That package would be from me brother. Sorry was in a hurry and for got my paper I had to put in the box. Ticks me off on the damage. Sorry! They wife had it packed tight and thought it would be ok. Appears the mustard bbq sauce and the root beer bbq sauce were toasted. If time allows and I'm back at those locations and my busy mind remembers I'll picked them up I will resend. The root beer bbq sauce is something unique. I hope you enjoy the items I sent and it was my pleasure. 
    Thanks buddy,  can't wait to try this stuff.  I really appreciate it!!

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• Royal Coachmen
    Options
    I've made my purchases. Hope to get a box and in the mail on Monday! 
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Sweet victory!! Not sure who my elf was (no note) but thanks a million Dude From Arkansas I've never heard of any of these and can't wait to try them!! Jalapeño Jelly for the win!! My son was trying to prevent proper showing off. Super generous. What a fun exchange, this was a seriously awesome treat for my weekend and the only question is what do I use for my Fourth of July cook!!! Lemme know who you are so I can properly thank you!!!
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I got all my shopping done now.  I went super local.  All the sauces and rubs are from a small batch company in Spartanburg SC.  I hope my draw doesn't think I cheaped out but remember, local/small batch=expensive. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • cazzy
    Options
    jonnymack said:
    Sweet victory!! Not sure who my elf was (no note) but thanks a million Dude From Arkansas I've never heard of any of these and can't wait to try them!! Jalapeño Jelly for the win!! My son was trying to prevent proper showing off. Super generous. What a fun exchange, this was a seriously awesome treat for my weekend and the only question is what do I use for my Fourth of July cook!!! Lemme know who you are so I can properly thank you!!!
    Excellent job @Biggreenpharmacist
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    Got my tracking info today from my Elfster and went up to my office to pick up my package .. Super excited to see a huge box ...
    Opened it up and it was a box within a box that was quadruple wrapped in plastic bag .. I was like what a serious packer .. thought about everything.

But alas .. when I opened the main box ... disaster ...

The letter was completey soaked, so I dont even know who my secret Elfster is :-(
    2 bottles broke .. I am guessing one sauce bottle and one rub bottle.

But I did manage to salvage the following:

Whoever you are my secret Elfster (I am guessing someone from Chicago) .. Thanks a Million! Your thoughtfullness is greatly appreciated and even though the packaging was incredible, the UPS Gods were not kind to me :-) I am going to use each and everything you sent. If you did manage to save a copy of the letter you wrote, please email it to me. Thank you again for your generosity and thanks Cazzy for organizing this event .. people have really stepped up this exchange and looking forward to another one next year!
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • cazzy
    Options
    fljoemon said:
    Got my tracking info today from my Elfster and went up to my office to pick up my package .. Super excited to see a huge box ...
    Opened it up and it was a box within a box that was quadruple wrapped in plastic bag .. I was like what a serious packer .. thought about everything.

The letter was completey soaked, so I dont even know who my secret Elfster is :-(

Whoever you are my secret Elfster (I am guessing someone from Chicago) .. Thanks a Million! Your thoughtfullness is greatly appreciated and even though the packaging was incredible, the UPS Gods were not kind to me :-) I am going to use each and everything you sent. If you did manage to save a copy of the letter you wrote, please email it to me. Thank you again for your generosity and thanks Cazzy for organizing this event .. people have really stepped up this exchange and looking forward to another one next year!
    Wow... That blows.  None the less, great job @mgd_egg
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    fljoemon said:

I'm so sorry my packaging failed!  At a glance it looks like there were 2 bottles of Lillie's Q that didn't make it and a Spice Heist Rub. I'll forward my letter when I get back home. The package was supposed to arrive Thursday. My guess is the package stopped somewhere for a day and most like had BBQ. I hope the rest is salvageable!  So sorry for the mess. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    No worries @mgd_egg ... I got enough that is salvagable that will last me for quiet some time. If you ever come to Orlando, FL, please let me know .. I would sincerely like to thank you for your kindness. Thanks!
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    @SGH did you get the butcher block seasoning from the butcher block in wiggins?  Good job on all the pecan house stuff. My wife loves it in there. 
    Sorry, I just saw this question. Yes sir, the BB in Wiggins and the Pecan House in McHenry right off of 49. My wife loves the Pecan House as well. I can't lie, I have put on a few pounds because of the Pecan House. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.