Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @theyolksonyou - Our current lot is under 1/4 acre. The view is deceiving as there is a corn field directly behind us. The property we went and looked at this morning is just over 2 acres and has plenty of outbuildings with overhead garage doors. Lots of room for more cookers...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,164
    Options
    @DMW I moved 2000ft by way of the crow last summer.  It was a PITA but I am glad I did.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @DMW I would've guessed from your egging pics that you were on at least 2 acres. We only sit on like 1.25 acres ourselves and the rear portion behind the fence line is wetland protected with a narrow meandering creek. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Reading this forum, downloading some movies, fussing at my teenage boys, and sipping some Woodford.  Life is good.   
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DMW said:
     Lots of room for more cookers...

I like how you think brother D. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    Options
    @DMW I moved 2000ft by way of the crow last summer.  It was a PITA but I am glad I did.
    The place we looked at is less than 5 miles, but the moving process is what I dread.

And @SGH - the entire reason for considering moving is I want more outdoor space, primarily for cookers and trailers. I started going over what I wanted to spend to improve the kitchen and outdoor areas here and it started to not make sense.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    @lit I feel your pain. yes I know you have many more SF than my outdoor kitchen but ripping a 2 foot long piece of tile is a pain in the rear. Dont even get me started on cutting radius on those tile. The idea of tile for a countertop was not thought out. It looks real good but a lot of work!!! It's like @henapple says "THINK about it before you build it"
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,206
    Options
    DMW said:
    @theyolksonyou - Our current lot is under 1/4 acre. The view is deceiving as there is a corn field directly behind us. The property we went and looked at this morning is just over 2 acres and has plenty of outbuildings with overhead garage doors. Lots of room for more cookers...

Sounds like we have a location for Brisket Camp North. 
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:

Sounds like we have a location for Brisket Camp North. 
    Not a done deal by any means yet...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    grege345 said:
    @lit I feel your pain. yes I know you have many more SF than my outdoor kitchen but ripping a 2 foot long piece of tile is a pain in the rear. Dont even get me started on cutting radius on those tile. The idea of tile for a countertop was not thought out. It looks real good but a lot of work!!! It's like @henapple says "THINK about it before you build it"
    I bought a Mikita masonry saw and diamond tile blades that I have been using for ripping. These tiles are 36" and agree they suck to cut. We have one hallway that is 45 degree wall on one side with 4 doorways coming off it and pillars on one entrance side. I have been removing trim and cutting up door frames and all sorts of fun stuff. I can't wait to be done with this house we are at one year straight so far and only have the kitchen, a half bath, and the stairs left to do. Probably start ripping out the kitchen in a week or so. Here's a couple crappy cuts I had to do.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Contemplating options after meeting with nursing school advisors.
    I thought you were already a nurse?
    Yes. Advanced degree time. I need to get my BSN first.
  • DMW
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Contemplating options after meeting with nursing school advisors.
    I thought you were already a nurse?
    Yes. Advanced degree time. I need to get my BSN first.
    Overachiever...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2015
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    DMW said:
    The place we looked at is less than 5 miles, but the moving process is what I dread.

And @SGH - the entire reason for considering moving is I want more outdoor space, primarily for cookers and trailers. I started going over what I wanted to spend to improve the kitchen and outdoor areas here and it started to not make sense.
    Looking at further east or west of current location.
    I also thought you had more property with the pics. Right up against a neighboring field I guess.

Just sitting in a hotel in Bloomington Ind. No BBQ joints in sight from what I've seen on Google maps.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • DMW
    Options
    @pescadorzih - North, Birdsboro.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DoubleEgger
    edited May 2015
    Options
    "The couch cushions were stained and piled in a hallway, nearly every surface was covered in garbage, dishes, sticky substances and cigarette butts. There was barbecue sauce on the ceiling, a chicken bone in one of Star’s shoes, and the remains of a birthday cake sitting on the kitchen counter."

Sounds like a weekend at @nolaegghead 's place
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    DMW said:
    @pescadorzih - North, Birdsboro.

Closer to my neck of the woods.
    SE PA
  • DMW
    Options
    Potential future smoker garage.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    That doesn't suck Dwayne.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    DMW said:
    Potential future smoker garage.

Yeah it's a done deal.....
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    Sweet garage. I wish I had a garage. :s
    SE PA
  • Lit
    Options
    Hit a fuckin pot hole of 400 on the way home and blew a tire. Had to change it on the inside median with cars shooting by at 70. Drinking now.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Lit said:
    Hit a fuckin pot hole of 400 on the way home and blew a tire. Had to change it on the inside median with cars shooting by at 70. Drinking now.
    Man that is no bueno!  Glad you survived and only the tire was damaged.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Lit said:
    Inside median of 400? Wowser. I bet you had to toss your underwear when you got home! 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @NOLA, I'm new but always wondered how many eggheads had chemistry background.  It's all chemistry, physics , experience and cold beer! Appreciate all your good advice and everyone's!  Oh yeah, and the love of good bbq.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @Lit, sorry to hear that!!  Glad your with cold drink.  I drive 400 weekly, it's usually the drivers that pose the biggest threat, not potholes!  Glad you're safe!
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Inside median of 400? Wowser. I bet you had to toss your underwear when you got home! 
    I was debating calling a tow truck but decided to keep my man card. I will say I have never changed a tire so fast. I would guess 8-10 minutes from getting the spare out of the trunk till car back on the ground. 
  • BigGreenGiant
    Options
    Cooking ribeyes on the egg
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @Lit, scary as sh!t!