Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,047
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Hit a fuckin pot hole of 400 on the way home and blew a tire. Had to change it on the inside median with cars shooting by at 70. Drinking now.
    Inside median of 400? Wowser. I bet you had to toss your underwear when you got home! 
    I was debating calling a tow truck but decided to keep my man card. I will say I have never changed a tire so fast. I would guess 8-10 minutes from getting the spare out of the trunk till car back on the ground. 
    I've always wondered what I would do if I blew a tire on the Freeway.  I'd probably call a tow truck.  It's not that I couldn't change a tire (I've never once had someone else change my oil in any of my vehicles and will wrench on them when I can) but it's that the tow truck service is built into my insurance.  I just don't know what I would do.  I mean you could change out 3 tires before someone comes out with a truck.  I want the truck more less for the damn cherrys on top.  I'll change the tire out but I dont trust the other idiot drivers around me. Especially with them talking and texting with phones.  It's maybe different with me owning a motorcycle and constantly watching other drivers.  I'm glad it went well for you.  That's something I've always pondered...
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Hit a fuckin pot hole of 400 on the way home and blew a tire. Had to change it on the inside median with cars shooting by at 70. Drinking now.
    Inside median of 400? Wowser. I bet you had to toss your underwear when you got home! 
    I was debating calling a tow truck but decided to keep my man card. I will say I have never changed a tire so fast. I would guess 8-10 minutes from getting the spare out of the trunk till car back on the ground. 
    I will do anything (that is not suicidal) to change my tire if it blows.  Ain't no spare on my car, so I call.  And I did a few months ago - got a sidewall puncture on a sh*tty new orleans road.
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Holy crap. That is an intense video!!!!! With my job I'm constantly on the road and I gotta say it's the worst when you see something like that
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,597
    Options
    Helping to look for MaskedMarvel's pooch...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,209
    Options
    Just finished mowing ....

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    Must be tough mowing on such a steep hill.
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This was from earlier during my workday.

Dig the concentration. LoL this wasn't supposed to be a selfie but, was focusing on a leaking boiler blow off valve & leaking black iron pipe work. 

And had to change out an evaporator and condensing coil (both less than 18 months old--- gotta love the salt air...job security). 

And OBTW the roof was well over a 110℉. Crazy Hot Today. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Dig the concentration. LoL this wasn't supposed to be a selfie but, was focusing on a leaking boiler blow off valve & leaking black iron pipe work. 

Um, if you're taking a selfie, you're not concentrating or focusing. :tongue: 
     By the way, you take more on the job selfies than anyone I've ever met...excluding whores and strippers of course.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I've taken to wearing a hair net to work recently.  People think it's weird because I just sit in front of a computer.  Whatever.  I tell them it's actually a faraday cage made from strings of nano-particles, and it keeps my hair from clogging up the keyboard.  Then they go away.  Some days l like my job.
    Options
    @nolaegghead ... well sure they walk away ... probably shaking their head too.  Everyone knows that a traditional, head applied, faraday cage has to be made out of heavy duty aluminum ... geez.

BTW ... if you want to store a spare key in your vehicle - one of those, keep it in your pocket when you start the car keys - then an aluminum foil faraday box works perfect.  The auto can't "see" the key, thus none of that "hey idiot, you left a key in the car" horn beeping.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    cazzy said:

By the way, you take more on the job selfies than anyone I've ever met...excluding whores and strippers of course.
    Soooo.... You have any examples Caz?  Please share those selfies.  :relaxed: 

Now, when B-Lake-E starts taking selfies and placing his hand on hip or surprised look or duck lips, I am out!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    cazzy said:

I am betting he meant to take a picture of the part he was working on an accidentally took a selfie. 

Because...ya know...his phone is always in selfie mode :P. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Getting ready for a spec review and complete a quote take-off... Couple hundred pages of specs and about a hundred pages of drawings.  Fun, fun, fun....

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I've taken to wearing a hair net to work recently.  People think it's weird because I just sit in front of a computer.  Whatever.  I tell them it's actually a faraday cage made from strings of nano-particles, and it keeps my hair from clogging up the keyboard.  Then they go away.  Some days l like my job.
    Our gov't can defeat the typical nano particle hair net.  You need something more substantial.  I personally use an old knights helmet.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Just catching up on this thread. Rickie put on a show on the back 9 at the Players. Never been a huge fan, but nice to see him win big after being labeled as overrated.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• slantback37
    slantback37 Posts: 135
    Options
    Just came in from the garage. I am rebuilding a 1937 Ford Tudor Sedan from the frame up. Going to be a Street Rod when I am done with it..
    I live in Duluth, Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just came in from the garage. I am rebuilding a 1937 Ford Tudor Sedan from the frame up. Going to be a Street Rod when I am done with it..
    We love pictures in these parts!
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    We love pictures in these parts!
    For real though.... 

Waiting patiently on a guy that is supposed to start working on my 65 Chevrolet C10 truck.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • slantback37
    slantback37 Posts: 135
    Options
    On the tablet right now, but when I get home I will post a pic or two if I can figure it out.
    I live in Duluth, Minnesota
  • theyolksonyou
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Stocking up for the GA MTN Eggfest

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @theyolksonyou looks like your planning on a good time!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @theyolksonyou looks like your planning on a good time!
    Better to have too much than not enough. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    Wishing I could post to the what are you drinking thread.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Hating on @HendersonTRKing due to big green envy.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    His first injection.