Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    My wife is thrilled....
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Had family over to celebrate some birthdays and early Mother's Day.
    Made some pizzas on the Black Stone. Only got picks of the last one, Stubb's original for the sauce, mozzarella cheese and leftover pulled pork.

And here's my big guy that turned 11 this week with an ice cream cake my wife made for him. And I ate way too much of that ice cream cake.

Now everyone is gone, clean up is finished and the Kansas Sprint Cup race has been race delayed. We'll see if I can stay awake long enough to at least see it restart.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just shut down the backwoods. Been trying to figure out how to use it as a stick burner. Ruined 3 racks of ribs last weekend with dirty smoke so got 4 pork tenderloins to try today but cooked them 1 at a time this time.  3 of the 4 came out good because I dropped 1. Couldn't get it below 300 but that was fine for the tenderloins. Way more labor intensive but great taste and the best smoke ring I have ever had on a tenderloin.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Biked to a crawfish boil, bought a neon beer sign, started rebuilding the carb on my scooter, baked three loaves of no-knead bread, smoked some yard bird on egg (then a clean burn that smoked out the hood), had a buddy over for dinner, marked troll on a troll a dozen times, now I'm settling down for bed.
    Options
    Biked to a crawfish boil, bought a neon beer sign, started rebuilding the carb on my scooter, baked three loaves of no-knead bread, smoked some yard bird on egg (then a clean burn that smoked out the hood), had a buddy over for dinner, marked troll on a troll a dozen times, now I'm settling down for bed.
    What sign you get?
  • DMW
    Options
    Tossed some spuds on the small:

Now I'm sipping some Seagram's Canadian with Coke Zero, watching the Phillies/Mets game, waiting for a groundhog/rabbit/misc birds to show up.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Spraying my 3rd gallon of Ortho Home Defense Insect barrier, spreading several 100#s of top soil in low spots and installing some new solar led pathway lights. Then will be cooking Mother's Day supper.  Enjoy your Sunday. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lit said:
    What sign you get?
    @Lit Corona.  It was $20 at a garage sale.  Brand new. Real neon.  Put it right by my egg.
    Options
    Options
    Nice brother ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Options
    Nice @nolaegghead I watch CL for neons all the time. Good score.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    I'm looking over a wasp trap that I picked up at Home Despot this afternoon.  It's sticky so works like a fly strip, but uses "optical" technology to attract wasps:

Interested to see if this works.
    Oh, and HD also had gallon jugs of Ortho weed killer, with the battery-powered integral spray wand, on sale for .... $5!!!  I've used the same gallon container for three years now, its just about empty, and this was a timely, great deal.   ;)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Just got done cutting tile for my outdoor kitchen. Squared edges and round holes. lots of cutting.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Botch said:
    I'm looking over a wasp trap that I picked up at Home Despot this afternoon.  It's sticky so works like a fly strip, but uses "optical" technology to attract wasps:

Interested to see if this works.
    Oh, and HD also had gallon jugs of Ortho weed killer, with the battery-powered integral spray wand, on sale for .... $5!!!  I've used the same gallon container for three years now, its just about empty, and this was a timely, great deal.   ;) Please let us know how this works
  • Lit
    Options
    Cooking everyhing I can find in the backwoods as a stick burner. Made my vegan wife a head of cauliflower tonight it came out really good. Found out today academy sells pull sized logs of oak, peach and apple today so I bought like 150 pounds. Did some burgers with a red onion with oak then the cauliflower with Apple and oak. Hopefully the pic posts got a new phone this week. 
  • Lit
    Options
    Tile update like 36' * 12' to go.  The rooms have split and come back together perfectly with the grout lines. Will never tile again in my life.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,115
    Options
    @Lit that looks awesome!  Well done.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Just realizing now that my troll flag cherry is popped I can start having real fun on the weekends.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Catching up after being out of the loop since this AM.  Well done forum.  Lots of angst about keeping accounts here that I don't understand, but ding dong the troll is dead!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lit, I like your organized pantry.  Very impressive.  Floor looks good too.
    Options
    I agree on the pantry. Mine is never that tidy with three buys and myself. Right now I'm supposed to be working
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @Lit I like the Mexican standoff you captured between the two cats.
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    @Lit I like the Mexican standoff you captured between the two cats.
    I missed that, sharp eye you got..Really funny..
  • DMW
    Options
    Debating the pros/cons of moving...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Just enjoyed my latest trans-Channel, stunning, 21st century fusion recipe, Bangers and Kraut!  
    A lot of thought and consideration went into this endeavor, along with the fact that I ran out of potatoes and had a can of sauerkraut in the cupboard.   =)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    DMW said:

Different city? 
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:

Different city? 
    Yes, but not far, same school district. And to call it a city, either current location or where we are looking, would be a stretch. More like small town to rural area.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:

Different city? 
    Yes, but not far, same school district. And to call it a city, either current location or where we are looking, would be a stretch. More like small town to rural area.
    And give up that huge back yard space! 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Wait, you said rural. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    @DMW - good luck with whatever you decide. Moving is a PITA