Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    Finishing a Martini .

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    I am a scurrilous lout.
    thug.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Making my version of beans and rice. I replace the beans with sausage.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nysportsfan
    nysportsfan Posts: 241
    Options
    Haven't left work, at another meeting. Just staring at the window wishing I was Egging.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @sgh yum yum. We do sausage and rice just about weekly.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    SGH said:
    Making my version of beans and rice. I replace the beans with sausage.

That made me snort.......and looks tasty. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Turbo country style ribs. We'll see. They're butt cut so we're going to 200 ish. Cooking around 400 raised direct. 

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac Ya Doc said he could fix it. i was swinging a 20lb sledge trying to bend something back on a piece of **** volvo we rented. The bent piece broke when I hit it and as my swing followed thru my hand that was wrapped around the handle struck the corner of the bucket and pretty much turned my finger into mush
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not going to ask for pics on that.  Ouch.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,180
    Options
    grege345 said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac Ya Doc said he could fix it. i was swinging a 20lb sledge trying to bend something back on a piece of **** volvo we rented. The bent piece broke when I hit it and as my swing followed thru my hand that was wrapped around the handle struck the corner of the bucket and pretty much turned my finger into mush
    Ah man.  That sucks.  Good thing docs are pretty good these days.  Won't have to put you down.

We need a sympathy button.  Cuz like just ain't right for that.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Cooking some pork chops enjoying my view.  Not much, but I like it.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    If you cant see your neighbors from your backyard I'd say your doin pretty good
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2015
    Options
    grege345 said:
    If you cant see your neighbors from your backyard I'd say your doin pretty good
    Careful picture taking ;)

Luckily my neighbors are great.  We usually end drinking a few beers or eating together.  All unplanned.  See'm out and wander over.  They do the same.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Getting drunker again.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Still editing wedding photos....
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Trying my damnedest to ignore my wife babbling on about the schedule for the next few weeks.  :anguished: 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Trying my damnedest to ignore my wife babbling on about the schedule for the next few weeks.  :anguished: 
    I pause the TV when my wife insists on talking.  Funny thing is I do it so I can focus on her, but that annoys her and she is like "What, am I bothering you".  
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Oh, I pretend to listen, but it's information overload!  End of school schedules really throw us off. She knows I need it electronically or I'll never remember. She's stay at home, everything  is about kids and school by and large. After the first three, I'm like hearing the peanuts adults. Eventually she say, "do you want me to send it to you?"

yes, yes I do. 
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    Options
    @theyolksonyou how did the turbo country style ribs turn out?
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @mgd_egg they were good. I flipped about every 10 min for 35-40 min depending on size. No plated pics, but here is close to finished.   Nice char and not tough at all. 

• mgd_egg
    Options
    They look good.  I haven't made them in years but I'm temped every time I see them at the store.  I think I'll give them a shot.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Just got finished having the new floors put in... Bathroom floor was rotted around the toilet. The floor guys don't fix that; but I do...

that was Monday night... Just finished installing the new toilet, my first one. Somewhere my dad is smiling. 

Also, taking antibiotics, the doc thinks I may have strep...
  • DMW
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @hapster- Brother you know that you have mad photography skills when you can take a picture of a grumpy catcher aka: crapper and make it look good. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• mgd_egg
    Options
    I'm waiting for the confetti to drop or something for my 250th post...  Nope nothing.
  • DMW
    Options
    Check my last two posts on this thread, same thing. 

My liver hates me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Heading back from lunch ....

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac Don't hit that car, man!
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lol yeah.  I didn't.  Took that pic before I left.  Did have a punk highschool kid almost kill me though.

I was stopped pulling into my work parking lot.  Car in front of me turned left into work, I went to turn left also (2 lane country road with solid yellows) as I turned left the fool passed on the left from behind at about 70mph almost brushing me.  I.E passed in the oncoming lane I had to turn through from behind.

I pulled into the parking lot, calmed down, gathered my thoughts.  Then I went back out and found him.  I explained the error of his ways.  Hopefully he will take our conversation to heart and refrain from nearly killing anyone else.