Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Most embarrassing trip to the doctor....

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
let’s hear yours?

i have an appointment this afternoon to have my @ss checked out. I busted it on the steps last week headed out to the egg (still put it in off topic) with a deep dish Chicago Pizza....when I stepped on my dog....whom I did not see. My butt (not the pork kind) did not really hurt that bad at the time, but as time passed it got worse and worse. I asked Party (Pattie) to take a look between the crack of my @ss to see it there might be a boil, scratch or lesion....we discussed the sickness and health clause just before I pulled my cheeks apart, and bent over for her peek. I got a “all looks good”......knowing full well she was really checking out my necked butt...and I caught her doing so. It didn’t spur any action....and quite frankly not sure the pain of love making (to my butt) would have been worth it. 

Fast forward to this afternoon. I have a four o’clock appointment with the doctor today. I just showered thinking I would wait late in the day to give him the absolute freshest view......my plan is to lead with “I bet my @ss is not the one you thought you would be looking at late on a Friday afternoon” he should take it ok I guess. At any rate, when I finish posting this, I plan to stop by the grocery and purchase some cheap flowers. I guess it’s the least I could do. 

I know you will all be on the edge edge of your seats waiting to hear how this goes...as I know I am. That said, sitting is a real pain n the @ss for me right now, so hope you folks enjoy it as I am not. 

I look forward to reading your own expierences as i am certain there is bound to be some who have had worse...and willing to share after a few starter drinks on a Friday afternoon / evening. Oh and I almost forgot....I saved the pizza from spilling. Turned out great!

Peace
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Ding, ding, ding -  Friday night thread has been initiated!

Good luck with the a$$ appointment Robin.

Phoenix 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lucky for me mine is real boring. I woke up a few years ago and my legs were extremely sensitive. The skin I mean. So much so it was painful to wear jeans. I went in convinced I was going to die from some major blood clot or something only to find out it was a simple virus. Told me no worries it will pass in a couple days. It did. Doh! Thankfully. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I love you hippie. 
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    edited March 2018
    Options

As I walked into the office and checked into the receptionist I couldn’t help but notice the cutie sitting behind the desk, stunning to say the least.

I don’t take freezing well, during my vasectomy I had 4 needles in each side and it wasn’t helping, in fact the needles were extremely painful.

I have always considered myself to have a fairly high pain tolerance.  

Anyways, during the procedure it became so painful at times I started passing out, that’s when the nurse called in the receptionist for some back up. She came into to give me oxygen, and placed her cold hands on my neck and face along with cold cloths to keep me from passing out. Junk hanging out and all through the medical cloth they cut a hole in to cover the rest of me.

Procedure took longer than intended, and I was fairly embarrassed. One of the worst experiences of my life, and I have had a few operations, they didn’t compare.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    edited March 2018
    Options

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• FlyOverCountry
    Options
    I was pretty embareassed when the doc told me my wife was pregnant coz the rubbers don’t work too well if you use them more an once.  Then with the second kid i thought i had it figured by washing them out but he said that didn’t help.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    In all honesty I don't embarrass, especially at my age. I have had a nurse smack my erection more than once. I was tempted to say thank you but thought better of it.
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    We have three kids all boys.  The wife wants a girl but I keep tellin her I only shoot Y’s.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    You broke your ass bone!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    I have two that both will top that. As above I was having @ss pain at the end of my tailbone. After months of dealing with the pain I decided to have my fiance look at it. She said there was a hole there. I was like no way. So using a bathroom mirror and another mirror I seen my second @ss hole. I went to the doctor Navy type. While at the doctor's he said it was common and do I mind having some interns come look at too for experience. I figured what is a couple more. So in a small 10 X 10 examine room about 10 more people came in to look at the extra hole in my @ss. It was a Polynomial Cyst. My fiance had to change the bandages twice a day for six months. It was so bad. I had to marry her after all was over. 
               Second was trying to have a baby. Long story short had to have my sperm count checked to see if it was me. I went to the hospital. It just so happened that that day my friends Grandmother was working that area. I said hi and told her what I was doing and she gave me a cup. While trying to do my thing she kept opening the sliding door where I would leave the sample after you finished. Well I finally completed the task and left the sample. On the way out she smiled and said goodbye. Man that was embarrassing.  

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @DMW was telling me one time that he had to visit Dr Jellyfinger.  Right after the exam began, he noticed the doctor was holding onto his shoulders.  One hand on each shoulder
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Polynomial Cyst....very common among those frequenting polynomial equations...

Image result for polynomial equation

Options
    My wife was a medic in the Navy and was working the ER at the hospital on the Sub Base in Groton. A woman came in late one night wearing a trench coat. Her husband was deployed, she evidently became lonely, and started going to town with one of the old style glass Coke bottles. Drew a vacuum on it somehow and couldn’t remove it. 

The Doc used a dental style drill to put a hole in the bottom and equalize the pressure, came right out after that. She said “Well, since it has a hole in it,” grabbed it, and walked out. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Checked in....new insurance info delivered. They told me to have a seat....they would be with me shortly. Somehow that wan’t funny.

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Checked in....new insurance info delivered. They told me to have a seat....they would be with me shortly. Somehow that wan’t funny.
    Where’s @caliking when you need him?
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Polynomial cyst might the funniest name for pilonidal cyst I've seen.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    Atlanta/Buckhead, GA of all places. Peachtree St. I believe. A gentlemen's club that had helicopters on the roof. Can't remember the name.... Fun weekend....

These were the events that led up to that embarrassing Dr's visit. 

I'll let you fill in the blanks 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Polynomial cyst might the funniest name for pilonidal cyst I've seen.
    Although they are generally shaped like a polynomial curve...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    CTMike said:
    The Doc used a dental style drill to put a hole in the bottom and equalize the pressure, came right out after that. She said “Well, since it has a hole in it,” grabbed it, and walked out. 
    "What's that whistling sound coming from Mommy's bedroom?"   =)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Pouring my drink and standing by Robin...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Robin’s going to see the @ss man!  I love it!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ....might have "accidentally" fallen on a toy car...
    Image result for xray car in ass
    Options

Deep Dish pizza....Pffffff..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • northGAcock
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Contusion or fracture of the ass bone. I opted not to get the x-ray as treatment would be no different....and have no interest in hanging around flu like places. Got some pain meds and off to purchase a donut (not Krispy Kreme).

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Contusion or fracture of the ass bone. I opted not to get the x-ray as treatment would be no different....and have no interest in hanging around flu like places. Got some pain meds and off to purchase a donut (not Krispy Kreme).
    Well, that was anticlimactic...

Seriously Robin, glad it's nothing serious, hope it mends quickly.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    thetrim said:
    @DMW was telling me one time that he had to visit Dr Jellyfinger.  Right after the exam began, he noticed the doctor was holding onto his shoulders.  One hand on each shoulder
    The first time I met him at Salado, @henapple pulled me aside and asked if it was normal for his , ahem , "his friend's" doctor to do rectal exams with both hands. On his shoulders. 
    And I said "yes, absolutely." 

Figured it was a TN thang. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.