Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Most embarrassing trip to the doctor....

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,037
    Options
    Contusion or fracture of the ass bone. I opted not to get the x-ray as treatment would be no different....and have no interest in hanging around flu like places. Got some pain meds and off to purchase a donut (not Krispy Kreme).
    Take care of yourself man.  That Butt needs to be completely healed in time for the Blast!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,324
    Options
    I had to tell my doc about a large skin tag locate near my right bad. It was being rubbed raw when I walked. He recommended it’s removal. During the surgery I had to hold the boys to the side and out of the way of the scalpel. His nurse was fugly and twice my age.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    Options
    caliking said:
    thetrim said:
    @DMW was telling me one time that he had to visit Dr Jellyfinger.  Right after the exam began, he noticed the doctor was holding onto his shoulders.  One hand on each shoulder
    The first time I met him at Salado, @henapple pulled me aside and asked if it was normal for his , ahem , "his friend's" doctor to do rectal exams with both hands. On his shoulders. 
    And I said "yes, absolutely." 

Figured it was a TN thang. 
    Only problem is it needs to be bareback or else they can't feel anything.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @northGAcock Pics or it didn't happen! =)=)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    @northGAcock, hope you feel better soon!

I cut my ring finger nearly to the bone by the knuckle, washed it off under the sink, put a bandaid on and went back to work. 10 days later it was turning green, oozing stuff and swollen to almost three times the normal size. The Dr. was going on and on about multiple surgeries (tendon was cut and couldn't be reattached until the infection and swelling went down), a week in the hospital and infection treatment. I asked if he cut the finger off if it would save me money and I could home that night. He turned beet red and went on a bit of a tirade about how they don't cut body parts off at one of the best hospitals in the world. I tried not to laugh, but failed, making him even madder.

I ended up having two surgeries, spent a week in the hospital, and had put medicine into a pic line three times day for 6 weeks. 

I had a rare and deadly infection, probably because of the unclean blade (fish guts) that sliced my finger, and the fact that I did not go in for 10 days. Would have been in and out (with tendon surgery) if I had gone in right away, but I thought was just a cut. Nothing some tape, gauze, superglue and time wouldn't fix. They said I would have gotten very sick in couple more days and been close to death in week. They took pictures during surgery for teaching purposes. They wouldn't give copies, royalties or discounts for them.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    @northGAcock Pics or it didn't happen! =)=)
    I can’t hold the phone /camara and hold the cheeks open at the same time. Pattie out of town so you gonna have to wait.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options
    CTMike said:
    My wife was a medic in the Navy and was working the ER at the hospital on the Sub Base in Groton. A woman came in late one night wearing a trench coat. Her husband was deployed, she evidently became lonely, and started going to town with one of the old style glass Coke bottles. Drew a vacuum on it somehow and couldn’t remove it. 

The Doc used a dental style drill to put a hole in the bottom and equalize the pressure, came right out after that. She said “Well, since it has a hole in it,” grabbed it, and walked out. 
    This is too funny..

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Man you sure do have dog troubles. Get well soon buddy. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,482
    Options
    After the above, I doubt there will be any more "Can You Top this" especially for Friday.  I am thankful that I can not adequately participate, but that doesn't mean I won't make the next chapter.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,360
    Options
     Female Army CPT, I was a 2LT.  She decided I needed to learn the proper technique to do a testicular cancer self examination.  I’ll save more details until I’m deeper into LEO.  I‘m still scarred from it.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,482
    Options
    @thetrim - surely she couldn't "turn a train down a dirt road??"  But upon further review...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    thetrim said:
     Female Army CPT, I was a 2LT.  She decided I needed to learn the proper technique to do a testicular cancer self examination.  I’ll save more details until I’m deeper into LEO.  I‘m still scarred from it.  
    This is how "crush" videos are made...
    Options
    My bride’s other cocker happened while she was stationed at the Clinic at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Kittery, ME, and they got a call to Navy Housing (she was an EMT). They arrive to find the husband bloody from his chest to his feet, and the wife was bleeding from a head wound and dazed. Turns out they were getting amorous in the kitchen, and she went into a Grand Mal seizure. He resorts to the only method at hand to get her jaws apart - a frying pan, trying to knock her unconscious. 

She came home the next morning and told me the story, I didn’t believe her. I went to the clinic to pick up a script that afternoon, and overheard discussion about how the husband was transferred to one of the hospitals in Boston to get reattached. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    CTMike said:
    My bride’s other cocker happened while she was stationed at the Clinic at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard in Kittery, ME, and they got a call to Navy Housing (she was an EMT). They arrive to find the husband bloody from his chest to his feet, and the wife was bleeding from a head wound and dazed. Turns out they were getting amorous in the kitchen, and she went into a Grand Mal seizure. He resorts to the only method at hand to get her jaws apart - a frying pan, trying to knock her unconscious. 

She came home the next morning and told me the story, I didn’t believe her. I went to the clinic to pick up a script that afternoon, and overheard discussion about how the husband was transferred to one of the hospitals in Boston to get reattached. 
    There's gotta be a lesson here, I just can't suss it out...
    Options
    CTMike said:

Yah, maybe as simple as don’t let someone with epilepsy perform certain acts. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Bingo!  Or always carry a shoe-horn...
    Options
    I didn’t Know Lorraine Bobbit was a navy wife
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Appreciate all the well wishes. Wife out of town and I have a remote on the couch. I’ll get by! Cheers all!

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Appreciate all the well wishes. Wife out of town and I have a remote on the couch. I’ll get by! Cheers all!

You're a good sport to bring this up on a Friday night.  All the best - tip a glass.

Phoenix 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon dude, looking forward to meeting you at Burning Loin in a couple weeks. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Toy car will pass....eventually 
    Options
    Somewhere around 1982, when I was young and invincible, I grew up around a beautiful lake mountain lake called South Holston.   It sits on the Tennessee and Virginia state line.  There is a bridge that crosses the lake called near the center of the lake, called 421 bridge.

Many of my friends and I used to jump off of the bridge into the lake countless times.   Depending on the lake level, the jump was between a 25'-35' drop.  

After about a 12 pack each one afternoon, my best friend and I took the jump for the 101st time.   Gary, my buddy landed wrong, hitting the water hard and had a similar affliction to what you are experiencing now.   I had to help him up the very steep bank to climb out of the lake, and after visiting the doctor he got to sit on the donut for a solid two months.    

Time will heal the wound.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    blasting said:

You're a good sport to bring this up on a Friday night.  All the best - tip a glass.

You got to laugh at yourself sometimes. 

• northGAcock
    Options

MotownVol said:
    Somewhere around 1982, when I was young and invincible, I grew up around a beautiful lake mountain lake called South Holston.   It sits on the Tennessee and Virginia state line.  There is a bridge that crosses the lake called near the center of the lake, called 421 bridge.

Many of my friends and I used to jump off of the bridge into the lake countless times.   Depending on the lake level, the jump was between a 25'-35' drop.  

After about a 12 pack each one afternoon, my best friend and I took the jump for the 101st time.   Gary, my buddy landed wrong, hitting the water hard and had a similar affliction to what you are experiencing now.   I had to help him up the very steep bank to climb out of the lake, and after visiting the doctor he got to sit on the donut for a solid two months.    

Time will heal the wound.
    Doc said 4-12 weeks. I told him I was good with the lesser. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,512
    Options
    CTMike said:

The lesson I'm taking from it, is the value of having at least one heavy, cast-iron frypan.  

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Was working ER at UK as a student.  Dad brings his 5-6 yr old son in for bleeding from nose after the boy stuffed a small plastic car up his nose.  Dad’s all over the kid “why did you shove that car up your nose?”, “how could you get a toy car stuck in your nose?”...  ENT solved the problem. STG 4 or so hours later, the Dad returned to the ER with the car stuck up in his nose.  He wasn’t as verbose on this visit.  You can imagine the circumstances.  Difficult not laughing!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Was working ER at UK as a student.  Dad brings his 5-6 yr old son in for bleeding from nose after the boy stuffed a small plastic car up his nose.  Dad’s all over the kid “why did you shove that car up your nose?”, “how could you get a toy car stuck in your nose?”...  ENT solved the problem. STG 4 or so hours later, the Dad returned to the ER with the car stuck up in his nose.  He wasn’t as verbose on this visit.  You can imagine the circumstances.  Difficult not laughing!
    OMG!  Epic karma right there.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    That’s just crazy.  I can’t believe there weren’t any other ERs around.