Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Quote of the Year

Options
I nominate this:

Eggcelsior Posts: 9,743
I use what ever is in the bag. Whether lump is the size of a football or dust, BTUs are BTUs.
New Albany, Ohio 

Comments

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    lkapigian said:

Not Bad,But the JIC Video is loaded with great ........Egg Related Quotes ( I Guess Forum Related) The Video

That is freakin' AWESOME!!!  =)) =)=))
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It can't be an @Eggcelsior‌ quote - that will go right to his head. Have you seen his head? He already has a massive noggin!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options

It can't be an @Eggcelsior‌ quote - that will go right to his head. Have you seen his head? He already has a massive noggin!

Maybe that's why it'll be an @Eggcelsior‌ quote?

My favorites are some of the quotes that the mods removed from the forum. Can't say 'em though. I wouldn't even tell my kids about the quotes.

Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    stemc33 said:

My favorites are some of the quotes that the mods removed from the forum. Can't say 'em though. I wouldn't even tell my kids about the quotes.

I want to say that gator Egger guy told someone to say "I am Sofa King We Todd It." That guy was a prick for sure but that one made me laugh.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I wanted to go with "BTU's are BTU's"  but I had to use the complete sentence.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    Is "BTU's are BTU's" same as Law of Conservation of Energy?  ;)
    canuckland
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited December 2014
    Options
    good grief this forum is weird sometimes

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I give up...

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    The Mini Max will be available in June

This one's gonna be tough to beat.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Lit said:
    The Mini Max will be available in June

This one's gonna be tough to beat.

Like Abraham Lincoln once said " The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify its authenticity"
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @mikee wins just now with "first one to 1,000,000 pts gets the recipe :D "
  • TigerTony
    edited December 2014
    Options
    lkapigian said:

Like Abraham Lincoln once said " The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify its authenticity"
    They said "Hey Blinkin", not Abe Lincoln.
    New Orleans

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @IKAPIGEON The June date came from the trade show info where BGE debut the MM. Pretty sure if you go back through th eforum to the first MM post there is a pic of the BGE literature.
  • lkapigian
    Options
    True, I was kidding...would love to have a mini max
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    No kidding on the internet. Everything is cereal here.
  • TigerTony
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Lit said:
    I get my Kix outta you!
    New Orleans

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

stemc33 said:

I want to say that gator Egger guy told someone to say "I am Sofa King We Todd It." That guy was a prick for sure but that one made me laugh.

That was me. I'm a **** too. I've been abusing that one since I read it as graffiti on the wall in line for the Zepher Roller coaster at the now defunct Jazz Land.
    Options
    stemc33 said:

That was me. I'm a **** too. I've been abusing that one since I read it as graffiti on the wall in line for the Zepher Roller coaster at the now defunct Jazz Land.
    I'm not laughing.
    In fact, I find that comment down right rude and offensive.
    How would you feel if your child was ...?

never mind, I realize ignoramuses that find the above funny have no compassion and will never "get it".  It's easy to figure who really is "retarded".
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well, hell. Took me from riot night till just now to figure out what that meant.
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Lit said:

Great, now I have guilt
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Oh boy...

Hold on while I pour some good bourbon; I want to watch this one spiral around the bowl for a while...
  • stemc33
    Options
    Hmm! People are starting to go off the rails. At this point, we must respect all of those that posted because @THEBuckeye‌ just titled the thread "Egg quote of the year". I think everyone is interpreting this differently. An Egg quote of the year could be funny, morbid, serious, good, bad, etc. etc. Let's not get butt hurt for somebody referencing a quote.

Let the butt hurt games begin. I'll be watching this one. @SGH‌, where you at? You're not gonna want to miss this one.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    @SGH‌, where you at? You're not gonna want to miss this one.
    I'm here brother. Standing by and watching. I'm back working and ain't getting to spend as much time on the forum as normal. This working crap is for the birds. I think I'm going to start voting democrat so I can sit on my sorry ass! 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stemc33
    Options
    SGH said:
    stemc33 said:
    @SGH‌, where you at? You're not gonna want to miss this one.
    I'm here brother. Standing by and watching. I'm back working and ain't getting to spend as much time on the forum as normal. This working crap is for the birds. I think I'm going to start voting democrat so I can sit on my sorry ass! 

Tell the truth, your gonna vote democrat because you have a crush on Hillary.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    She was actually pretty hot back in the 60's. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    SGH said:
      I think I'm going to start voting democrat so I can sit on my sorry ass! 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    stemc33 said:
    She was actually pretty hot back in the 60's. 
    No she was not.  Don't even tease the folks about that.  That's just plain wrong.  Where is the damn BS flag ... got to be down there somewhere in that row.  Geez, what the heck have you been drinking.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• stemc33
    Options
    Maybe that's the quote of the year. "She was actually pretty hot back in the 60's" by @SGH‌.

Steven
    Banner, Wyoming