Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

1300430053006300730083010»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    Below gets my greatest Goldfish flavour (nod):

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Reading about KitchenAid's new $700 stand mixer:  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/home/2024/09/19/kitchenaid-mixer-wooden-bowl/

It sold out immediately, but professional chefs are panning it hard.  It's their less-powerful "tilting-head" design, and a wooden bowl can't be chilled effectively, needs to be oiled after every use, which will kinda screw up your egg whites.  
    It looks nice, though.   

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Botch said:

It sold out immediately, but professional chefs are panning it hard.  It's their less-powerful "tilting-head" design, and a wooden bowl can't be chilled effectively, needs to be oiled after every use, which will kinda screw up your egg whites.  
    It looks nice, though.   
    Looks gorgeous, but no stiff peaks with that bowl.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Botch said:

It looks nice, though.   
    Wonder if you could sub out the stainless/metal bowl for egg whites and such.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Botch said:

It looks nice, though.   
    Wonder if you could sub out the stainless/metal bowl for egg whites and such.
    According to the article, yes you can.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    Outback front brakes upgrade. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• kl8ton
    ColtsFan said:
    Outback front brakes upgrade. 

Cross drilled and slotted rotors...
    New calipers? 
    Are these rotors a larger diameter than previous? 

Looks nice!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch said:

It looks nice, though.   
    And no stiff peaks from the professionals, it would appear. 

Unfortunately, a lot of nice appliances seem to go to homes where they are not used. In such households, the motivation is aesthetics. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,680
    Sounds like they are charging about $250 for a wooden bowl. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,970
    Personally, I’m going to wait for the $500 version that’s painted green.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    Personally, I’m going to wait for the $500 version that’s painted green.
    Why isn't there a yeti mixer yet?!?!? FR! 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    I told my now early-mid 30 y/o sons to make sure to watch him a few years ago when he was doing the hitting and still pitching (back next year) as you will never see someone like this again.  Now-50/50 and more to come.  One tag short of the cycle as well in the game.  
    True greatness right in front of us.  I hope non baseball fans will now at least watch to see and acknowledge what a transcendent players he is.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    That place looks awesome @Ozzie_Isaac
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    That place looks awesome @Ozzie_Isaac
    It was pretty cool, some really good cocktails. Bartenders were super friendly too.

Saw this on FB and thought about you:

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    That is a cool perspective. Combines are such a pita to keep running, I am just guessing that a cotton picker is 10 fold the headaches. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,945

Is the fifth game of the season too soon to predict how it will end?   City and Arsenal at the top, just like last year and the whole top 5 looking familiar.  Just one promoted side in the bottom three looks anomalous but not an outlier.  But Forest in 7th and both Spurs and West Ham in the lower half are the clearest indictors that heft and shift will occur.- perhaps energised by European games having started, meaning travel and workload burden for several teams. Elsewhere, the long anticipated Man City naughty-stepping has started - but with 115 changes to be worked through in turn and then judgment passed, it’s unlikely they will suffer this season.   

Saturday

West Ham v Chelsea - the Blues are showing signs of the form the has been absent for a few seasons. Is this the breakout year for them, after self imposed chaos?  Still turbulent in the boardroom though, so there’s that. West Ham were hoping for better so far.  Tight game. 2-1

Aston Villa v Wolves, the ‘not far from Birmingham’ derby will add spice to what should be a routine home win. 2-0.

Fulham v Newcastle - Toon unbeaten so far and the Cottagers best described as steady. As ever, if Newcastle are to be serious top-enders then this has to be a three-pointer and somehow I am not feeling it. 2-2

Leicester v Everton - shambolic first 4 games leaves the Toffees pointless, so you might describe the re-launch as being sub-optimal so far.  The Foxes are not great and may not even be PL next season, but they find a way to be irritating, and that’s portably all they need for this one. 1-0

Liverpool v Bournemouth - Slot-ball came to an abrupt halt last week. Did Forest poke the bear or was it all a mind-game and the Reds will deteriorate from here? The Cherries have proved resilient across last and so far this season.  Not a simple calculation this one, either a resounding home win or a nail biter. Ah, 3-0 and why not?

Southampton v Ipswich - promoted teams face off and two draws for the Tractor Boys has them sitting in lofty 17th , while the Saints have zero to show for the effort so far.  A third draw for the visitors will be a great result, but both will have this ear-marked as a win. Huff, puff and bluster. 1-1

Spurs v Brentford  - It’s Spurs and since they’ve lost their last two a sweat free cruise to a two-nil win is almost certain. The Bess have two wins, but two losses - so no clues there either.  Head says draw, Spursy-Spurs involvement says logic has not place here.  3-2

Palace v Man Utd - somehow the term unbeaten in four (which includes two wins in the cup) fails to enliven my spirits about the mighty Eagles who have discovered new ways to let in goals.  Despite how super-groovy the formation and play books are, you’ve just got to do the basics well.  Man Utd, could romp to a heavy victory or splutter, as has been the case so far this season. Ooh, tough but using football-fan logic, it’s 1-2

Sunday

Brighton v Forest - ha! the filthy fetid wretches were held at home by the Tractor boys last week.  Either a feint or the truth is emerging?  Forest riding high on the hog after being Liverpool last weekend. Fun times. 2-2

Man City v Arsenal - oh, and the top two face-off to conclude the weekend. Citeh looking ominous, Gunners looking skilful. Haaland only scores against mediocre teams but threats lie elsewhere.  Ought to be a cracking event, narrow margins. 2-2

Onwards! 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay