Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• You have to love a free market, our sheetz is $3 a gallon for diesel. This is a major flaw with electric cars, where we live there is only one electric supplier.
    Free market…. Lol. 

I guess I meant to say non captive market 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    Quick update - I've been using the weboost in my truck and its 100% worth it for where we live, but, when camped in a canyon, we often don't have enough signal for it to boost.

This past weekend I rented a starlink from a local guy and used it at the campsite and was actually able to work with it, video calls for work and all that.  Great system if it's not storming and you're not buried in the trees.  Ordering the mini today, can throttle down the monthly charge depending on what I need and can pause the subscription when I won't be using it.
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Legume said:

This past weekend I rented a starlink from a local guy and used it at the campsite and was actually able to work with it, video calls for work and all that.  
    Ur doing it rong.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    Botch said:
    Legume said:

This past weekend I rented a starlink from a local guy and used it at the campsite and was actually able to work with it, video calls for work and all that.  
    Ur doing it rong.  
    Left Thursday after work, campfire, etc., then had a few calls and did some work from a chair by the river, then went fishing later in the afternoon.  Wife had fun with our friends that we went with and the dogs while I worked.

I can't always take time off, but it was sure a lot better than rushing out there Friday night and packing up Sunday. I will do this regularly.
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Okay, ur doing it wright!   ;)  

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 414
    That's a very good-looking wok. Enjoy!
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Love the wok!  Curious about you pulls.  Never seen pulls mounted at 45 deg?

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743

paqman said:

Gonna void your warranty lol
  • paqman
    @ColbyLang Is it?  I did not realize that replacing the probe is not allowed.

paqman said:
    It’s a joke. Sort of like their “non factory accessories” claim in the warranty section 
  • paqman
    ColbyLang said:
    paqman said:
    It’s a joke. Sort of like their “non factory accessories” claim in the warranty section 
    I’ve seen somewhere on the site that it is compatible with BGE, I won’t enlarge the probe hole if it doesn’t fit… Worst case scenario, I have another grill that I can use it on.

their site specifically says to not drill into, or enlarge the existing hole in ceramic cookers, and should fit as is into a BGE.  Perhaps a bit of CYA on their part :)
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Nothing

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,680

Joro Spider Control 
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    I got one of those tennis racket shaped electric bug zapper. And aside from when my wife tasered me with it, it works just fine.
    ~~
  • paqman
    zaphod said:
    I got one of those tennis racket shaped electric bug zapper. And aside from when my wife tasered me with it, it works just fine.
    The Bug-A-Salt is a ton of fun and much more efficient than an electric zapper.

edited September 16
    zaphod said:
    The joro web is super sticky and extremely tough. Being able to kill them without disturbing the web is the most efficient way to kill them. I take down the webs afterwards. It’s cheaper than using spider spray. It’s a losing battle but I have to try. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,680
    paqman said:
    zaphod said:
    I’m on my third one. 
  • Botch
    paqman said:
    zaphod said:
    I did earn a Marksmanship badge in the Air Force, but have to admit those tennis racquet zappers were worthless to me, never killed a fly mid-air in two years (I did manage to kill one that landed on the drapes, but I almost started a fire).  I'm just too slow/uncoordinated.
    May purchase a Bug-A-Salt next spring, we'll see.   

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    paqman said:
    zaphod said:
    I did earn a Marksmanship badge in the Air Force, but have to admit those tennis racquet zappers were worthless to me, never killed a fly mid-air in two years (I did manage to kill one that landed on the drapes, but I almost started a fire).  I'm just too slow/uncoordinated.
    May purchase a Bug-A-Salt next spring, we'll see.   
    https://youtu.be/4q7qzPZFXhU?si=ufSFW2PznUZRm_6k

• zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    only available this time of year. 

~~
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,944
    paqman said:

Does the max temp relate to what it will read?  Couple of times I have had the dial all the way around and back to the start in mine.   No ill effects, because it's metal I assumed. 
    Obviously a controlled experiment, not because I had my head in the fridge getting beer. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • paqman
    @CPFC1905 haha, the max lid temp is based on the choice of mounting base, they have two options with different thickness of aerogel to isolate the electronics.  The actual max temp of the probe is 1000F

Decided to up my oyster game:

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • The Mennonites called… they have my sweet potato box full.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    @CTMike - nice. Rabbit hole journey avoided as it is too big for a LBGE.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Hope nobody here is buying a pager.