Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,348
    Options
    Just wondering what’s going on at Embassy Suites. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,388
    Options
    Dance of the loan officer, CPA, and self-employed.  This has been a week long cluster f so far.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,466
    Options
    Dance of the loan officer, CPA, and self-employed.  This has been a week long cluster f so far.
    My goal is to never get another loan again.  I hate it so much. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,928
    Options
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,187
    Options
    A Mitutoyo too, probably not easy or cheap to ever replace. And I thought our 36" ones were big and awkward.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,415
    Options
    Getting ready for the “hand over your car keys “ talk this Sunday. Nearly 94 has really been pushing it . Fun times.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Getting ready for the “hand over your car keys “ talk this Sunday. Nearly 94 has really been pushing it . Fun times.
    My 94 year old grandmother’s license expired in January. My dad thought this is it. They’ll (the DMV) will never renew her. Brings her to DMV, they gave her a 6 year renewal lol
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,928
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    My 94 year old grandmother’s license expired in January. My dad thought this is it. They’ll (the DMV) will never renew her. Brings her to DMV, they gave her a 6 year renewal lol
    That’s awesome, my dad’s turning 90 in September, renewed as well 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,853
    Options
    I'm of two minds regarding driver's licenses and those with more laps of the sun than me.  Projecting forward (no chance I will make 90+ yo) the most noticeable decline is in reaction time.  That's a given.  Good for the above if the DMV says they are "good to go" but days of rolling at 100 MPH plus (not a DMV measured skill) are coming to a close for me.  
     It sucks as your hour glass of life is getting low on sand!
    I'm sure we all would be better served if the driver of any vehicle focused on driving to the exclusion of everything else.  Off mini Friday soap-box.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Old people should have to pass a driver’s test every year. 
    Instead the state agencies and courts hold the kids responsible if their parents wreck and kill themselves or others. It’s either classified as elder abuse or you just lose everything in civil court because you should have “done something “. In my state you can renew by mail or internet for 8 years. My mother just renewed her license for 8 years at 89 years old. She has wet macular degeneration in one eye and dry macular degeneration in the other . Fortunately she hasn’t driven in several years.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Instead the state agencies and courts hold the kids responsible if their parents wreck and kill themselves or others. It’s either classified as elder abuse or you just lose everything in civil court because you should have “done something “. In my state you can renew by mail or internet for 8 years. My mother just renewed her license for 8 years at 89 years old. She has wet macular degeneration in one eye and dry macular degeneration in the other . Fortunately she hasn’t driven in several years.
    The states issue and suspend driver’s licenses, not family members. By having annual state testing, it eliminates the family drama associated with trying to keep an elderly loved one off of the road. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,647
    Options
    I remember talking to Dad in his woodshop (I was in either high school or first year or two of college) and he was telling me how painful it was for he and one of my uncles to finally take the keys from my Grandpa; they kept mentioning to Grandpa B how he would feel if he hit a kid or a family, and he finally relented.  I could tell it was really bothering him, so I let Dad vent as long as he wanted.    
    Then, I quietly mentioned that, when it came time for me to take his keys, I hoped he remembered how hard it was.  He got a shocked look on his face, looked up at me, and almost yelled, "Over my dead body!!!"  I couldn't help but laugh out loud, and he finally got it but he was still a bit rattled.  Sadly, four cancers took him long before he lost his driving skills.  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    The states issue and suspend driver’s licenses, not family members. By having annual state testing, it eliminates the family drama associated with trying to keep an elderly loved one off of the road. 
    And as I said it doesn’t happen in my State.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,853
    Options
    @ryantt - Spectacular photos and I'm sure a great time was enjoyed by all.  Thanks for posting.  
    No doubt chef NG has a true banquet ready for Sunday.  Enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,967
    Options
    I remember my dad taking the keys away from my nana.  State wouldn't do it and she could not even start the car on her own......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,967
    Options
    poster said:
    A Mitutoyo too, probably not easy or cheap to ever replace. And I thought our 36" ones were big and awkward.
    Awkward isn't the right word, takes two to move them just to wash them😁
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,815
    Options
    Sorry to hear that about you dad @Botch
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,815
    Options
    Where did you go @ryantt. Reminds me of hocking hills.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,541
    Options
    @alaskanassasin we went to Red River Gorge and Carter Caves in KY.  I haven’t been to Hocking Hills in about 10yrs, always love old man cave.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• ColbyLang
    Options
    Lighting the XL. 13# of Snake River Farms black grade packer about to hit the grill. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,388
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Lighting the XL. 13# of Snake River Farms black grade packer about to hit the grill. 
    Good luck and enjoy!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Good luck and enjoy!
    Grassy ass. Father’s Day celebration with friends this evening. I asked the wives what they were cooking…..that didn’t go over very well lol
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Good luck and enjoy!
    Grassy ass. Father’s Day celebration with friends this evening. I asked the wives what they were cooking…..that didn’t go over very well lol
    Sounds like par for the course. I plan on hitting the lake on Sunday. Should be a slow day. Father’s never get to do what they want on Father’s Day. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Good luck and enjoy!
    Sounds like par for the course. I plan on hitting the lake on Sunday. Should be a slow day. Father’s never get to do what they want on Father’s Day. 
    Amen. Though it’s often the same on Mother’s Day. We make great efforts to see and celebrate our respective moms, so we got lost in the mix.