Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Mudd
    Mudd Posts: 1
    Options
    Cleaned out the Big Green Egg. Storms expected this weekend in North Texas, so decided to cook some pork ribs.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,683
    edited April 26
    Options
    @mudd welcome to the forum.  Now let’s see those ribs.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,505
    edited April 27
    Options
    First up-stay safe out there.  Mother Nature is not to be messed with.  EF-2 tornado touched down around 2.7 miles (straight line from me about 3 weeks ago).  The devastation field is unfortunately extremely impressive and defined.
    With all the above blather-Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  
    Fire away with any questions or contributions.  Many will offer replies to your question (regardless of subject as there is a wealth of knowledge about most subjects here) and all will likely work.  
    BTW- this place can put a hurt on your discretionary income... 
    Edit for spelling-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,187
    Options
    Interesting messaging.  Kind of disappointed there is no Raiders sticker.

I wonder if the tool knows the Punisher is owned by Disney. 
    She hopped out and ran around the car to adjust her toddlers seat or something.  Definitely had the the thought she was running her kid over to moms before she headed to work her shift at the cabaret. 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,517
    Options
    Nothing quite as satisfying as mowing the yard a day earlier than you were planning, then listening to the rain all last night and most of today.  We're getting soaked.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    Nothing quite as satisfying as mowing the yard a day earlier than you were planning, then listening to the rain all last night and most of today.  We're getting soaked.  

I can think a few things more satisfying.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,696
    Options
    That chick scares the sheet out of me for some reason
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    edited April 27
    Options
    Perusing the largest landowners in the US and ran across this cat.

I have never heard of this guy or most of the other landowners in the top 20 but he seems like quite the character.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Definite Guns N’Roses vibes.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Definite Guns N’Roses vibes.
    More Guns than Roses
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

I have never heard of this guy or most of the other landowners in the top 20 but he seems like quite the character.
    Hmmm, doesn’t look like our typical landed gentry tech prick.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,365
    Options

Forty eight years old and  "at least 20" children - he's a busy boy.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Forty eight years old and  "at least 20" children - he's a busy boy.

I can just imagine the collective groan from the board when dad passed away. But it sounds like he cut his teeth pretty early buying cheap land in New Mexico and now parlaying it into wind and solar farms. Bro also bought a railroad.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options

There is farming, and then there is this guy. 

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Trying to understand why it’s raining tacos al pastor. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,863
    Options
    Trying to understand why it’s raining tacos al pastor. 
    I had the same thought.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

A quick recap of a hectic week; just one defeat in six games by the top three, but that was enough to see Liverpool’s chances of the PL title ebb away.   At the foot of the table Burnley’s win shows spirit but unlikely to keep them up, Luton are hovering with mathematical intent to usurp Forest although this is when fine margins come in to play.  Forest have one more point and a far better goal difference, so while it’s not settled yet the Hatters really do need favours. (correct spelling, thank you)

Saturday

West Ham v Liverpool, both recently vanquished by the mighty Eagles and each seeking new managers for next season.  The Hammers’ hopes of more Euro fun are fading fast.  The Reds seem bound for 3rd and are flagging.  2-2

Fulham v Palace, what a difference three games makes.  The super soaraway Eagles have hit rich form, achieved safety and looking to see how deeply in to the 40’s their points tally can reach.  Heady times indeed my friends.  Fulham have no purpose. An away win puts us tantalisingly close to the filthy Seagulls. 1-2

Man Utd v Burnley, a Lancashire derby and who knows how many games ten Haag has left at the helm of the Red Devils.  The Clarets are all but sunk, however their boss-man Vincent Kompany led Man City to considerable success and will see it as only fitting to put one over Utd.  Genuinely could go either way. 2-1

Newcastle v Sheffield Utd, Toon got a lesson down at the Fortress Selhurst courtesy of the Palace, the Palace, the Palace (as one of our favourite chant goes, go to Ewe Chube) and while there is sympathy for Eddie Howe their current manager, all those petro-pounds need sports washing through the Champions League and he has not delivered. Taxi for Howe.  A routine but uninformative home win to trick the fans in to thinking all is good.  4-0

Wolves v Luton, if only the Hatters weren’t rubbish on the road this would be the game that fully sparks the relegation fight.  The Old Gold have nothing to play for and could yield at least a point for the men in orange.  0-1 would be epic.

Everton v Brentford, so the Toffees snuffed Liverpool’s title challenge and all but secured survival but ownership chaos remains and the off-season will be choppy.  The Bees are likewise all but safe, bar some spectacular changes in form. Avoiding defeat more than aiming to win causes a 1-1

Villa v Chelsea, the home team are very much dug-in to 4th place with just Spursy Spurs able to bother them,  so that’ll not happen then. A great season under the vowel harvester; Unai Emery.  Chelsea got proper humped by the Arsenal mid-week and have therefore kissed good by to any dream of Europe next year, again.  Poor Todd Boehly and his ‘we play in Europe every season’ assertion which has been well and truly proved wrong. Never mind, he’s only spent about $3bn on that basis.  2-1

Sunday

Bournemouth v Brighton, what’s the point? The ‘future of football’ have faltered considerably and so we all know where they, and their bonkers manager are on the Carzy-Hot bell curve now.  Really can’t be bothered 1-1

Spurs v Arsenal, oooh a North London derby at an apex juncture (is that possible?) Spurs Spurs are off the back of defeat so are odds-on to win, because that’s what they do, but the Gunners are at full chat (that could be a UK idiom, Google if so). One thing is for sure it’ll be an all bells and whistles, no holds barred, put it in the mixer, Fandango Gallileo and Bismillah of a match.  Probably. 2-3

Forest v Man City, if the above prediction goes all Top Gun, i.e inverted, then the predictable City victory will nudge them clear at the top. Whilst of course City will win, there’s more to come int title fight. 0-4.

And away you go, my impish friends. Sell the kids and one kidney to stake it all on those forecasts. 

What is a Cop City by the way? 

I think this is your best effort ever.  I'm listening to a talk about continuous quality improvement and thinking that it is working for you.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Options

There is farming, and then there is this guy. 

Thanks for the links to the two articles.  Learn something new dang near every day here.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options

Seed tender still banging 

Gas or diesel?  I feel like that would be a gasser but I don't know my old trucks very well.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Foghorn
    Options
    @CPFC1905, Is it time to make a quippy phrase related to Man U about snatching a draw from the jaws of a win - or some such thing?

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @CPFC1905, Is it time to make a quippy phrase related to Man U about snatching a draw from the jaws of a win - or some such thing?
    They are the gift that keeps on giving, aren't they?
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

Almost as satisfying as mowing the lawn. Right @botch??
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,583
    edited April 27
    Options

Almost as satisfying as mowing the lawn. Right @botch??
    not as sexy as undressing a bag of lumps without knife or scissors
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Hey @kl8ton It’s a 1977, 330 cu with a 4 barrel Holley. It’s pretty cool with the cab and bed up, you can see the whole chassis and motor. 
     I’m not exactly sure but I don’t think they put diesels in trucks (semis excluded) until the 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    Options
    Wonderful story right there @WeberWho.  All's well that end's well and on such a positive note.