Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,093
    Options
    I’ll make my next loaves by hand and take step by step pics.
    @Thatgrimguy perfect, thank you!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,491
    Options
    @MasterC - beautiful bark on that ham.  Great eats for sure.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,859
    Options
    How it’s goin’.

Oh my.  That's going perfectly.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,098
    Options
    How it’s goin’.

That is goin' for sure!  And hopefully you reserved some of that nice looking corn for the adults.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Found myself low on fuel while cooking the final two cobs for me and the missus, so rather than move to the gasser or add charcoal, I instead channeled my inner @lousubcap and cave-manned these cobs. Worked perfectly in this scenario. 

Way to call the audible and nail the cook.  Nothing like facing "fire/no fire" and gotta get it done!
    Great finish right there.  I would crush that plate.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,183
    Options
    Sorry ‘Cap, not stand alone worthy. Grilled chicken teriyaki bowl with some roasted broccoli. Used some Spiceology Sasquatch and Kinders Teriyaki on the chicken. It was a good meal. 

I would kill that!  Nicely done!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Found myself low on fuel while cooking the final two cobs for me and the missus, so rather than move to the gasser or add charcoal, I instead channeled my inner @lousubcap and cave-manned these cobs. Worked perfectly in this scenario. 

You did a good job for sure! I would like to have some of that!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @dbCooper

Will be staying tuned for that one. Looks delish. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    We pigged (beefed?) out, but managed to hold one in reserve.  Destined for fried rice that was suggested the last time I posted them.  To be continued...

Costillas de Res (Tablitas) are my favorite!!  I always buy a few when I am at the carneceria.  They are my chefs kiss.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 11
    Options
    Made an homage to Chipotle today at my daughter’s request (I cannot tell her no).

Made a copycat steak, grilled veggies, guacamole, lime/cilantro rice, brown rice, black beans, and pinto beans.  Set it up like there serving order and everyone made a burrito or a bowl like they liked.

It was a hit with everyone.  Will be doing this again.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I am going to eat this orange.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,576
    edited April 11
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac curious how you slice your orange. Doing my part to keep the forum alive right @lousubcap?
    Edit: I cut at the equator, then each hemisphere into three wedges. Better visual, easier to bite off and chew, less messy. Kind of like slicing beef against the grain.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Canugghead - He's just gonna eat it...no slicing required! =)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac curious how you slice your orange. Doing my part to keep the forum alive right @lousubcap?
    Edit: I cut at the equator, then each hemisphere into three wedges. Better visual, easier to bite off and chew, less messy. Kind of like slicing beef against the grain.
    I slide my finger under the skin then slowly work around to loosen it up.  Then I work it till it is completely off and try to pull the stem out in one piece.

Then I peel the wedges apart and enjoy.  No slicing or tools required.
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 37
    Options
    Half rack pecan smoked 

Pecan is my favorite smoking wood. Looks great!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    No cheffing skills ( and have never claimed) but given the soon to be close of the Florida Stone Crab Claw 5/1)  season I smashed a few of these:

Wait for shipping deals as the overnight $$ are too far out there especially for flyover country.
    However, we enjoy them on an infrequent basis even topping lobster claws and Alaskan king crab legs.  
    Considered a real reward here and always live up to the expectations. FWIW-

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Half rack pecan smoked 

Looking awesome!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"