Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I had been thinking about lobster rolls recently @GrateEggspectations. You made my mouth water. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    Dialing in my bulk fermentation and shaping technique!! 

I envy the consistency of your loaves. Farkin' beautiful. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    To steal a great thought from @DoubleEgger (post copied here from January 31-DoubleEgger said:
    Too many quality cooks are piled up in the what are you chefing thread. I personally think it’s a forum killer.  The amount of actual cooking threads has greatly diminished over the years. This place used to have a good mix of quality cooking threads and every day BS. It feels more like Reddit now.)
    There are several above posts worthy of stand-alone topics to entice the newer members to explore, contribute and rejuvenate this place.  
    On a personal note-I need to get more adventurous, branch out and toss some threads out here.  Changing the lawn mowing pattern may be my first go.   =)
    Stay healthy and safe out there. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options

Stuffed baby portabellas served with garlic butter noodles. Delicious.  
    That looks so good!! 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Good looking grub there, @Wooderson
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,582
    Options
    @Wooderson. Absolutely Spectacular!!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    @Dyal_SC. Looks like a winner Craig😋
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    That looks fantastic, @MasterC
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Going forward, you guys need to post the above banquets as standalone threads for forum purposes.  I'm not here as a corporate shill, just trying to entice the newer members about the cooks that can be had and the talents that reside here.  Eyeballs on the screen.  That's how you gain market share when offering quality.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Wooderson said:

Bone marrow,  tbone for the wife and I settled on the bone in rib eye.   Balsamic,  shallot, bleu cheese crust.  Japanese sweet potato and asparagus.   I just can't bring myself to pay for steaks when going out to eat.   It's quite the conundrum. 
    @Wooderson - that is an awesome cook across the board.  Those photos are magazine quality and document your results.  I would crush that in a heart beat.  
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Trying a corned beef brisket in celebration of the greatest civilization on earth and perhaps the greatest Saint too.

Nice hommage. Bet you’ve read “How the Irish Saved Civilization”.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @masterc

Loving the colour on all of that. 
  • caliking
    Options
    Goddaamn @Wooderson !!

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    That's some fun cooking right there. Love putting half chickens on  the plate and watching everyone tearing into them
    Awesome cook bubbajack
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,849
    Options
    @bubbajack, what temp do you cook to?  I'm still not sure about the best temp for chicken because you can go until it is "pulling temperature" and it is very tender - or go to about 155 in the breast and 165 in the thigh...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,353
    edited March 18
    Options
    caliking said:
    I had been thinking about lobster rolls recently @GrateEggspectations. You made my mouth water. 
    Have you tried BB Lemon's?  Their lobster rolls are pretty legit as well as their smash burger. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    A small wooden mallet on the shell takes the dexterity skill-set out of the game.  FWIW- B)

ive used an 8 pound log splitting maul once on a 6 pound hardshell ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    @fishlessman. Man oh Man!!! Spectacular 👏👏👏
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    edited March 18
    Options
    Longanesa-Lentil stew:

This was half made-up, half screw-up.  I had picked up some italian sausage a few weeks ago to experiment with lentils, so two days ago I put the sausage into the frig to thaw out.  Made a stew base and fired up the Large to crisp the skins of the sausages, but took em out of the package... oh yeah, they were out of italian, saw some "Longanesa" sausages, so picked those up instead.  They were linked, fresh, and about 1" dia. and 2" long, cute (wish I'd taken a pic of them on the grill, a bit of a pain to flip though).  
    They were quite spicy (like chorizo) but also a faint sweetness; Wikipedia told me they're made quite like chorizo, but with added brown sugar.  Pretty tasty overall, but I don't like sweet in my meat and dry lentils are a pain to sort thru compared to larger beans, so I won't be doing this again.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...