Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biden

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    so now theres hunter, an impeachment inquiry, and the big question. how will joe handle the holiday stress =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Will Hunter roll or will he be Epsteined?
  • fishlessman
    edited December 2023
    Options
    fang fangs chinese flight fell out of the air, if i were hunter i might not fly the china airways...... ;)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,055
    Options
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    Hahaha - perfect response.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Colbert jokes Biden is so old he can communicate with the dead after  deceased French president gaffe  Fox News
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,516
    Options
    The classified document report released today did him no favors and I'm addressing the cognitive comments.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Options
    Agree Frank.  Lots of commentary out there, and of course hard to know what to believe.  I've seen statements that the investigator brought his own politics into it with the memory statements, etc. and as easy as that would be to dismiss as partisan, I don't buy that blanket argument when team Trump makes it and I've watched firsthand as my parents' memory declined through their 80's.

I'd be all in on Biden if he was 60 or 70, but that's not where we are. We need some vital, younger voices with the wisdom of the aged.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    This 2024 election is gonna be extremely painful in the run-up, choices and out come.  Definitely do not need the do-over.  Change out both would be best, but even one of them would be welcomed here.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    This 2024 election is gonna be extremely painful in the run-up, choices and out come.  Definitely do not need the do-over.  Change out both would be best, but even one of them would be welcomed here.  
    It's just not going to happen, barring one of them dropping dead.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    It's Friday and I am wishful thinking here!  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,328
    edited February 9
    Options
    There’s an awful lot of spin control going on today on the television.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,367
    Options

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Legume
    Options
    Yeah, that's pretty bad 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    Mitt-Just taking a back-handed swipe at CHEETO.  May CHEETO endure more slings and arrows going forward.  Haley needs to pound him hard.  Won't change the end result but will warp his fragile ego.  
    I loathe CHEETO.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.  
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,103
    Options
    To put this mental competency controversy to rest, Biden should be given the test Trump recently took and has been bragging about.  Then they both take a test chosen by Biden.  
    This challenge could be expanded to include other areas such as "feats of strength", driving a 3-pedal car on a closed course, marksmanship, etc.
    Bravado without demonstrated accomplishments seems to get way more credence than it should.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,328
    Options
    Maybe trial by combat?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,525
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    To put this mental competency controversy to rest, Biden should be given the test Trump recently took and has been bragging about.  Then they both take a test chosen by Biden.  
    May I suggest the very test that every single immigrant must pass to be granted US citizenship?  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,367
    Options
    Botch said:
    dbCooper said:
    May I suggest the very test that every single immigrant must pass to be granted US citizenship?  
    What percentage of US birthright citizens would pass that test? :)

As far as tests - Biden should challenge Trumpy to a bike race. A few laps around the Mall could be entertaining.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Options
    It seems to me that well mannered debates worked pretty well in the past, we just seem to be be too tolerant now of crap behavior and allowing people to duck that which would expose them.
  • Legume
    Options
    ...and honestly, if Trump was beaten or failed any of the above, that wouldn't change minds.
  • lousubcap
    edited February 11
    Options
    Legume said:
    ...and honestly, if Trump was beaten or failed any of the above, that wouldn't change minds.
    And therein is the fundamental challenge we face in trying to restore common decency amongst the citizenry.  Compromise might just as well be the next dirty word to be included in George Carlin's list: (Edit as the video won't embed...)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyBH5oNQOS0
    Happy Saturday!
  • lousubcap
    edited February 11
    Options
    A test post using the above video link to see why videos (at least for me) won't embed using a different browser.  The outcome was the same browser be da-ned.    Beyond my skill set to solve.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,525
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Legume said:
    And therein is the fundamental challenge we face in trying to restore common decency amongst the citizenry.  Compromise might just as well be the next dirty word to be included in George Carlin's list: (Edit as the video won't embed...)
    Happy Saturday!

https://youtu.be/kyBH5oNQOS0?si=AJA0SohoOTiQZ67O

Cap'n, I went thru all the motions to get this to embed, only because I've heard of this list of Seven Words for most of my life, but never actually saw the Carlin clip.  

And, here's how I can post a video on this damn forum (I don't have this issue on any other forum I post on):
    - If I hit the blue "Copy" button on facebook, and post it here, I can't post it; I just get a "click" sound.
    - If I click on the Address bar, and then Cmd-Copy, and paste it here, I see the address but it only posts as a link, not the video screen.  Same thing if I hit the "Link" button first, and post it there.  
    - If I post BOTH the above addresses, THEN the video screen posts; WTF.
    - If I hit "Edit" before posting my, uh, post, and erase the "Address Bar" link, the video link comes up fine. Which is what I do, unless I'm pressed for time, or patience (I'm on Apple, the latest OS version).

In 2024 these Vanilla, (and facebook) issues should've been solved by now, but they aren't.  This is why I post less and less anymore, and am appreciating printed paper more (although the content quality there is spiralling into the dumpster, too).  Hopefully a bus will hit me soon, and I won't need to worry about it anymore.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• lousubcap
    Options
    Thanks for that but given I could embed videos as recently as last week I have no idea why the change.  But given the ebb and flow of this place it may come back.