Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biden

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974
    Botch said:
    VP Cheeto for the win =)
    The guy who beat Presidential candidate Pelosi?  :tongue:  
    I know what you're talking about, because I was able to search for it on my iPhone made by Tim Apple.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    edited July 12
    A good read about where we are today-
    David Frum from The Atlantic- (Mother Nature and time will always win.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/biden-s-heartbreaking-press-conference/ar-BB1pPThH?utm_

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Below is a link to a just published poll from NORC: (NORC at the University of Chicago, previously the National Opinion Research Center, is an independent social research organization in the United States.)
    The big picture (and not good for POTUS) details here:

“Nearly two-thirds of Democrats say President Joe Biden should withdraw from the presidential race and let his party nominate a different candidate, according to a new poll, sharply undercutting his post-debate claim that ‘average Democrats’ are still with him even if some ‘big names’ are turning on him,” write AP’s Darlene Superville, Amelia Thomson-Deveaux and Emily Swanson.

• The dissatisfaction cuts across age: “Three-quarters of Democrats under the age of 45 want Biden to drop out, compared to about 6 in 10 of those who are older.”
    • It cuts across race: 67% of white Democrats, 49% of Black Democrats and 64% of Hispanic Democrats want him to step aside.
    • It cuts across age: 75% of Dems from ages 18-44 want him to step aside, as do 57% of Dems 45 or older.
    • And it is getting worse: 37% of Dems are satisfied with Biden as the nominee — compared to 42% prior to last month’s debate.

https://apnorc.org/projects/most-say-biden-should-withdraw-from-the-presidential-race/

Not looking good for us ABC (Anybody But CHEETO) fans.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    Below is a link to a just published poll from NORC: (NORC at the University of Chicago, previously the National Opinion Research Center, is an independent social research organization in the United States.)

“Nearly two-thirds of Democrats say President Joe Biden should withdraw from the presidential race and let his party nominate a different candidate, according to a new poll, sharply undercutting his post-debate claim that ‘average Democrats’ are still with him even if some ‘big names’ are turning on him,” write AP’s Darlene Superville, Amelia Thomson-Deveaux and Emily Swanson.

• The dissatisfaction cuts across age: “Three-quarters of Democrats under the age of 45 want Biden to drop out, compared to about 6 in 10 of those who are older.”
    • It cuts across race: 67% of white Democrats, 49% of Black Democrats and 64% of Hispanic Democrats want him to step aside.
    • It cuts across age: 75% of Dems from ages 18-44 want him to step aside, as do 57% of Dems 45 or older.
    • And it is getting worse: 37% of Dems are satisfied with Biden as the nominee — compared to 42% prior to last month’s debate.

https://apnorc.org/projects/most-say-biden-should-withdraw-from-the-presidential-race/

I'm not sure these kind of polls are going to make all that much difference in terms of changing Biden's stance, unfortunately.  

There was a time when I thought there was a chance he might step down, but I think it's passed.  
  • fishlessman
    it almost seems like bidens only way to unify the country is to hand it over to the duck.......... =)=) probably the best thing he has ever done =)
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    "President Biden has become more receptive in the last few days to hearing arguments about why he should drop his re-election bid, Democrats briefed on his conversations said yesterday. Biden has not indicated he is changing his mind about running, the sources said, but he has been willing to listen to new polling data, and has asked questions about how Vice President Kamala Harris could win. Carl Hulse, Michael S. Schmidt, Reid J. Epstein, Peter Baker and Luke Broadwater report for the New York Times."
  • JohnInCarolina
    It’ll be crazy if he ends up stepping down after more than a month of deliberation, effectively wasting a significant amount of time relative to when the election is.  But that’s par for the course for the Democratic party, too.  “Too little, too late” should maybe be their party slogan.
  • lousubcap
    Saw more reporting that indicates he is getting direct messaging From Schumer and Jeffries that it's time to go.  
    What a time to be alive!!
  • fishlessman
    as joe goes down with the ship =)

does every sitting president get this cartoon, just seems to have more meaning than last time and the time before

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    "President Biden has become more receptive in the last few days to hearing arguments about why he should drop his re-election bid, Democrats briefed on his conversations said yesterday. Biden has not indicated he is changing his mind about running, the sources said, but he has been willing to listen to new polling data, and has asked questions about how Vice President Kamala Harris could win. Carl Hulse, Michael S. Schmidt, Reid J. Epstein, Peter Baker and Luke Broadwater report for the New York Times."

does anyone believe joe has covid while walking around without a mask. my assumption would be that he is taking a few days off to figure this out as everyone bails on him.....
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:

I'm not sure these kind of polls are going to make all that much difference in terms of changing Biden's stance, unfortunately.  

There was a time when I thought there was a chance he might step down, but I think it's passed.  
    Well, I may have posted too soon...

https://www.axios.com/2024/07/18/president-biden-drop-out-election-democrats
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:

does anyone believe joe has covid while walking around without a mask. my assumption would be that he is taking a few days off to figure this out as everyone bails on him.....
    Anything is possible of course but given where the reporting has come from on this it seems much more likely that he does actually have covid.  A positive test isn't exactly an easy thing to just fabricate inside of a White House that is currently leaking like a sieve to the press.  
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:

Anything is possible of course but given where the reporting has come from on this it seems much more likely that he does actually have covid.  A positive test isn't exactly an easy thing to just fabricate inside of a White House that is currently leaking like a sieve to the press.  

it could be that he is so out of it that he doesnt know enough to wear a mask in public.......funny how the staff was leaking that he was brilliant right up until the debate
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:

it could be that he is so out of it that he doesnt know enough to wear a mask in public.......funny how the staff was leaking that he was brilliant right up until the debate
    There really aren't many people wearing masks in public these days, regardless of their age.  I'm not sure I'd really view that choice as some kind of indicator of the President's cognitive abilities. 
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:

There really aren't many people wearing masks in public these days, regardless of their age.  I'm not sure I'd really view that choice as some kind of indicator of the President's cognitive abilities. 
    The other explanation is that he  does not believe covid is real
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:

I think the other explanation is that he recognizes it as what it is at the moment: an inconvenience, but not a serious threat to his health.  
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:

I think the other explanation is that he recognizes it as what it is at the moment: an inconvenience, but not a serious threat to his health.  

or others......
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:

or others......
    Yes, you are right.
  • lousubcap

"More Democrats yesterday suggested Biden should end his campaign. Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) urged Biden in a letter to consult with fellow Democrats over his candidacy, while Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT) said he believed the president should exit the race. Meanwhile, former President Obama told allies this week that Biden’s path to winning has significantly shrunk and he thinks the president should reconsider his candidacy. Michael Shear reports for the New York Times; Tyler Pager and Michael Scherer report for the Washington Post.

Former House speaker Nancy Pelosi has told some House Democrats she believes Biden can be persuaded “fairly soon” to exit the presidential race, according to three Democratic officials. Marianna Sotomayor, Jacqueline Alemany, and Paul Kane report for the Washington Post."

• JohnInCarolina

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    A coat of primer until the new target is deployed.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    The party of decorum, isn't that what someone was insisting last week?
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    100% legit. 
    Las Vegas, NV