Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biden

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,879
    Options
    Probably the wrong thread, but this is headline news over here;

"Trump says he would encourage Russia to attack Nato allies who pay too little"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/11/donald-trump-says-he-would-encourage-russia-to-attack-nato-countries-who-dont-pay-bills

My guess is that this comment will reduce his 'maybe' voters, albeit strengthen his advocates? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,640
    Options
    Sounds remarkably like a goodfellas shakedown, doesn't it?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,558
    Options
    @CPFC1905-Those comments are getting plenty of traction here as well. Problem is, none of the acolytes care what CHEETO says or does.  To question CHEETO's words and actions would be an admission of having been conned.  Never mind all the $$ sent to his campaign that are flipped to cover the legal expenses.  What a grifter.  CHEETO only cares about himself.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.  I'll stop now...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,879
    Options
    @lousubcap   It's OK to shout at the clouds,  sometimes it's the only way to get through the day for me. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • lousubcap
    edited February 11
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    @lousubcap   It's OK to shout at the clouds,  sometimes it's the only way to get through the day for me. 
    You cannot fathom the depth I loathe CHEETO.  What a F'tard.
    Thank you for acknowledging my personal challenge.   B)
     Edit to add:

He mocked NIKKI HALEY’s husband, Maj. MICHAEL HALEY, who is serving an active duty deployment in the Horn of Africa for the South Carolina Army National Guard: “What happened to her husband? Where is he? He’s gone.”

Michael responded to Trump with a meme: “The difference between humans and animals? Animals would never allow the dumbest ones to lead the pack.”

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    OLD MAN YELLS AT CLOUDS.......

Biden Shout  Know Your Meme

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    joe:  its just a weather balloon.....

How Putins nuclear arms race could make space the new battlefield

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,082
    Options
  • fishlessman
    Options
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    edited February 18
    Options
    From Politico this Sunday AM-

"JON FAVREAU, the host of the influential “Pod Save America” podcast and former BARACK OBAMA speechwriter, hit this note in a thread on X yesterday:

“The challenge is, we just don’t know — and will likely never know — if nominating Biden is riskier than letting Democratic activists and insiders pick a lesser-known and potentially weaker general election candidate at the convention with three months to go,” Favreau wrote. “Would it be as risky as the campaign we’re most likely about to face? Again, it’s just too hard to know for sure.

“What Biden can do is take concerns about his age seriously, acknowledge that fears about his performance aren’t media creations or Democratic bedwetting, and focus single-mindedly on crisp, strong, energetic appearances, which we’ve seen he’s absolutely capable of (2023 SOTU, Jan 6th speeches, etc.),” Favreau concluded, linking to a sympathetic essay by NYT’s Ezra Klein, which has been making the rounds among Democratic insiders since being published Friday.

From Klein’s piece: “I cannot point you to a moment where Biden faltered in his presidency because his age had slowed him. But here’s the thing. I can now point you to moments when he is faltering in his campaign for the presidency because his age is slowing him. This distinction between the job of the presidency and the job of running for the presidency keeps getting muddied, including by Biden himself. …

“I was talking to JAMES CARVILLE, who’s one of the chief strategists behind BILL CLINTON’s 1992 campaign, and he put this really well to me. He said to me that a campaign has certain assets, but the most desirable asset is the candidate. And the Biden campaign does not deploy Biden like he is a desirable asset. Biden has done fewer interviews than any recent president, and it’s not close. By this point in their presidencies, Barack Obama had given more than 400 interviews and Trump had given more than 300. Biden has given fewer than 100. …

“This is a strategic adaptation to Biden’s perceived limits as a candidate. And what’s worse, it may be a wise one. … Biden, as painful as this is, should find his way to stepping down as a hero.”

There has been rising frustration among top Democratic operatives that nearly any recommendation to change course is met with a pat on the head and a response akin to “thanks for the advice, kiddo.” Within Biden’s inner circle, there is a self-assuredness that they’ve been doubted over and over again, and their approach will continue to work.

That assessment is not shared across the broader Democratic coalition.

But there are some people whose advice the inner circle will likely be unable to ignore — such as VP KAMALA HARRIS.

In a deep dive this morning, CNN’s Edward-Isaac Dovere cites more than two dozen sources in reporting that “Harris has been gathering information to help her penetrate what she sometimes refers to as the ‘bubble’ of Biden campaign thinking, telling people she’s aiming to use that intelligence to push for changes in strategy and tactics that she hopes will put the ticket in better shape to win.”

For her entire vice presidency, Harris has routinely met with clutches of advocates, operatives and constituency groups in her ceremonial office in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building or her home at the Naval Observatory. Those efforts have only increased in importance as the reelection effort has spurred into motion.

“Multiple leading Democrats, anxious about a campaign they fear might be stumbling past a point of no return, say their conversations with Harris have been a surprising and welcome change, after months of feeling sloughed off by the White House and Biden campaign headquarters in Wilmington, Delaware.”

Harris is reportedly quick to defend the president in the conversations, and “often says in one-on-one conversations and smaller group gatherings … that she doesn’t worry Biden will lose to Trump — but she does worry about losing ‘to the couch.’”

The question for Biden now: What, if anything, can be done to boost enthusiasm for his own candidacy, rather than simply relying on the specter of Trump’s return to the White House to motivate voters?"

• fishlessman
    Options
    joe doesnt sound too bad when he gets droned out under the thumping of the helicopter blades....... =)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
     will be interesting in nov .......if uncommitted is still trending even a tiny bit

Up First briefing Michigan uncommitted primary votes Alabama IVF  protections  NPR

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
     will be interesting in nov .......if uncommitted is still trending even a tiny bit

Up First briefing Michigan uncommitted primary votes Alabama IVF  protections  NPR

It got about the same percentage in the Michigan primary in 2012.  We all know how that went...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options

It got about the same percentage in the Michigan primary in 2012.  We all know how that went...

it probably just didnt stick to obamas shoes.....but joes old man sneakers could make a difference in november.....
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,549
    Options
    ^^^ …which is only 23% of the revenue lost by cheeto/mconnell’s $1.9 Trillion tax cut to those same billionaires over ten years.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,549
    Options
    "I told Bibi, and don't repeat this, I said 'you and I are going to have a Come to Jesus meeting'. "

- President Joe Biden, "hot mic moment" to a democratic Senator, after the SOTU (CBS News)

:lol:  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,371
    Options

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Stefanik is speaking to an audience of one, because she wants to be his VP.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    sounds more like the commander in chief committed treason..... =) either lying or too old to remember, either way......its not good =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    sounds more like the commander in chief committed treason..
    How is that what you possibly got from that linked piece?
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,338
    Options
    Let’s carry this out a little further. The reason given for not charging Biden is that he was old and senile thus a jury would feel sorry for him. If he isn’t old and senile then that reason is not valid and charges should be brought pending his not being in office.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Let’s carry this out a little further. The reason given for not charging Biden is that he was old and senile thus a jury would feel sorry for him. If he isn’t old and senile then that reason is not valid and charges should be brought pending his not being in office.
    From yesterday's testimony:

Republican Rep. Scott Fitzgerald of Wisconsin: Mr. Hur, based on your report, did you find that the president was senile?”

Hur: “I did not. That conclusion does not appear in my report.”

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Okay had the appearance of being old and senile. Which was the reason given by Hur on air for why he wasn’t charging Biden. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Okay had the appearance of being old and senile. Which was the reason given by Hur on air for why he wasn’t charging Biden. 
    The reason he wasn't charged is that there wasn't sufficient evidence of a crime.  Part of that is that he doesn't remember or even know how certain boxes got where, but it's far from the entire picture.  

• fishlessman
    Options
    The reason he wasn't charged is that there wasn't sufficient evidence of a crime.  Part of that is that he doesn't remember or even know how certain boxes got where, but it's far from the entire picture.  

So he took them but doesn't know how they got there ...😆 trump should use that as an excuse not to be tried in court😁
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

So he took them but doesn't know how they got there ...😆 trump should use that as an excuse not to be tried in court😁
    Well if you read Hur's report (I'm laughing at even the suggestion you would have), you'd know there's a pretty good reason why Trump was charged and Biden was not.  The beauty is that it is explained by... the very same person!  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    The thing was that Biden had documents from when he was a senator. The law was that senators and vice presidents for that matter could only read them in a confidential viewing room. I guess that the document fairy dropped them off by the Corvette.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited March 15
    Options
    The thing was that Biden had documents from when he was a senator. The law was that senators and vice presidents for that matter could only read them in a confidential viewing room. I guess that the document fairy dropped them off by the Corvette.
    Incorrect.  Not all classified material needs to be confined to a SCIF.  

I swear to God y'all are perfectly comfortable putting forth opinions on matters you know almost nothing about, even going so far to indicate that they are facts.