Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pictures of Pets (2023)

Options

Comments

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy

Our guy's name is Cash, hope he keeps it buried in all that floof of his.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    Yeah I’m taking mine to get some of his floof cut off in the morning. He was 62 pounds today, I ought to reweigh him after he is sheared. So much for that “mini sheepadoodle, 30 to 50 pounds”. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Be mindful of the fluff. Our Aussie Doodle had to get shame shaved. His collar matted up his neck and we couldn’t do anything about it. He’s finally starting to re-grow, but man he looked goofy for a while 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Be mindful of the fluff. Our Aussie Doodle had to get shame shaved. His collar matted up his neck and we couldn’t do anything about it. He’s finally starting to re-grow, but man he looked goofy for a while 
    Oh yes, I'm thankful my wife loves to groom.   She brushes him 2x/day.   While at the vet yesterday she was asked how often he gets groomed because he looks amazing.    In the 8 months we've had him he's only been groomed once...all the rest goes to my wife's efforts.

She was gone for a week and the task was left to me and my daughter...both of us hated that process.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    my dog is scheduled to get groomed in march.....when the ice thaws off the river....i cant wait to throw him off the dock
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Oh yes, I'm thankful my wife loves to groom.   She brushes him 2x/day.   While at the vet yesterday she was asked how often he gets groomed because he looks amazing.    In the 8 months we've had him he's only been groomed once...all the rest goes to my wife's efforts.

She was gone for a week and the task was left to me and my daughter...both of us hated that process.
    My dog hates that process. I’m lucky to just get the eye boogers out of his fur. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    A high and tight.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Didn’t take this one long to find the heated pad I got for my feet.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    A high and tight.
    Yep, the shave of shame! 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    If he would cooperate with the combing he wouldn’t get shamed ever 3 months.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    This is my parents Lily.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 10
    Options
    MJG said:
    Had to put my boy Bruschi down in December. It’s the first time in 20 years we haven’t had a Boston Terrier in the house. Have always kept in touch with my pups breeder. I’m not sure who’s who yet but we’ll be getting a female from this litter around the first of April! 

It would feel weird without a dog in the house.  Have also had at least one for the better part of 20 years now.  Glad you are getting another one!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    That looks like a “I just screwed up” look.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited February 11
    Options
    A photo of Maggie at age 11 1/2, taken the night before we had to have her put down. 

Her back end had given out and it was time to say goodbye. That night was the first night in 23 years we didn’t have a GSD watching over us while we slept. 

One of the hardest days of my life. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    CTMike said:
    A photo of Maggie at age 11 1/2, taken the night before we had to have her put down. 

Her back end had given out and it was time to say goodbye. That night was the first night in 23 years we didn’t have a GSD watching over us while we slept. 

I am sorry for your loss.  Very few things make me tear up, but thinking about any of my dogs who have passed on will do it every time.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

That’s an “I got it made” look.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

I love that you named him Crop.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    CTMike said:

She still watches over you all, the love in her eyes is unmistakable 
    Jacksonville FL
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,086
    Options
    CTMike said:

@CTMike - Condolences to you.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options

That’s an “I got it made” look.
    This was after a solid hour of chasing various fetch toys in the back yard.  

A forum friend here ( @YukonRon ) very generously sent me a big bag of chicken jerky for dogs.  Otto would do just about anything for that stuff, it's like doggy crack or something.  We have found that if he knows he will be getting some of that, he will play chase for a fairly extended period.  Here's a small piece, now go get this ball I'm throwing across the yard, later, rinse, repeat.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Beautiful pup Mike, man those eyes are saying a lot.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. We are still tearing up after losing Shermie. The house is like a shrine to him now.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    The boy was up half the night with a case of the runs.  Getting his rest in now while I work from home and babysit:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    The boy was up half the night with a case of the runs.  Getting his rest in now while I work from home and babysit:

Fun runs, or no-fun runs?
  • Gulfcoastguy
    edited February 15
    Options

That happened to my Boxer as a half grown pup. I was chopping jalapeños and a slice slipped off of the cutting board. Greedy Guts grabbed it and bolted it down.