Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night and the EggHead Forum option of the forum choices is eerie quiet- I need to get a life!

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    Another wash, rinse, repeat Friday.  But I'm old and have a lawn..So I get it.
    Stay healthy and safe out there-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I think the password reset circa 2020? Or 19’? Wiped out a good portion of the old stock. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I wasn't aware of the association between tax collectors and sinners, but given how insane property taxes have become here, I totally get it. .

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    caliking said:
    I wasn't aware of the association between tax collectors and sinners, but given how insane property taxes have become here, I totally get it. .

over 90 percent of the real estate tax here goes to the schools. how do the taxes go up when the schools were closed.......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    caliking said:

over 90 percent of the real estate tax here goes to the schools. how do the taxes go up when the schools were closed.......
    I know you're not really being genuine, but pretending for a minute you are, in a lot of places, teachers have and still are quitting in record numbers and the cost of replacement has been higher.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Legume said:
    caliking said:

I know you're not really being genuine, but pretending for a minute you are, in a lot of places, teachers have and still are quitting in record numbers and the cost of replacement has been higher.

mass is second highest in teacher pay , the south needs to increase  real estate taxes and pay a fair wage ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    Options
    At least this Friday has some new vibe with the forum changes and the upcoming Speakeasy Grand Reopening on Thursday Sep 21st.  So there's that...

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    At least this Friday has some new vibe with the forum changes and the upcoming Speakeasy Grand Reopening on Thursday Sep 21st.  So there's that...

You guys ran off most every decent person that doesn’t subscribe to a certain orthodoxy. Enjoy your chat groups though. Way to go Frank!👍🏻
  • lousubcap
    edited September 2023
    Options
    You can be stronger than that!  Okay -define for me the orthodoxy that would lead one to abandon a BBQ forum on the main page.  
    Edit to add the request!
  • pgprescott
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    You can be stronger than that!  Okay -define for me the orthodoxy that would lead one to abandon a BBQ forum on the main page.  
    Edit to add the request!
    Not going to placate you. If you don’t see it you are too far gone. It’s obvious. They see your nonsense and say “no thanks”. I’m sure you have an alternative fairy tale narrative but it’s BS. The main page or OT, It’s all a **** show. Congrats! Pathetic circle jerk. Emphasis on jerks. Great job. 💩
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I would guess the above would say " I can't justify my comments."  But you will get that next post and perhaps last post here as I won't reengage absent a compelling reason and you can either offer or not.  Man up or ...
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:

You guys ran off most every decent person that doesn’t subscribe to a certain orthodoxy. Enjoy your chat groups though. Way to go Frank!👍🏻
    I would say that anyone who leaves a place they like because they don’t like the opinions of others is the definition of a snowflake. 

All of the people you so fondly remember made complete asses of themselves and self-edited once they had embarrassed themselves enough to make them eventually slink away. You are following the exact same path as all every single one of them and I am here for it. I will enjoy the show as you melt down and will enjoy your inevitable self-inflicted absence even more.  
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • pgprescott
    Options
    i would say the comments by the two above embody exactly why people have left. I don’t need to add context, you simply need to pull your head out your arse. I’m not gonna waste my time on a lost cause. Enjoy. 

I’m sure the hundred or so people made asses of themselves and left out of self embarrassment. Yeah that’s the ticket. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣 For goodness sake, maybe you should man up and admit you are part of the problem. I don’t really care either way, but for you to pretend it’s a mystery is just too rich. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣

As I said before, enjoy your circle jerk. Quite fulfilling. 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    The only people that are still posting on here are John Dildo fanboys.  All doing a “reach around” on JIC’s ****. No real substance in the posts.  Rob @ The_Buffalo has to be laughing his A$$ off when he reads these posts from John Dildo’s fanboys and his 6 only followers.  What you have to do to keep corporate happy.  Bet Ed Fisher would not agree, if he was still in charge!
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    and that's coming from me. 
  • Legume
    Options
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited September 2023
    Options
    The only people that are still posting on here are John Dildo fanboys.  All doing a “reach around” on JIC’s ****. No real substance in the posts.  Rob @ The_Buffalo has to be laughing his A$$ off when he reads these posts from John Dildo’s fanboys and his 6 only followers.  What you have to do to keep corporate happy.  Bet Ed Fisher would not agree, if he was still in charge!
    Says the guy who just posted here…

And Rob is laughing for sure. Nice self-awareness on your part as usual 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    i would say the comments by the two above embody exactly why people have left. I don’t need to add context, you simply need to pull your head out your arse. I’m not gonna waste my time on a lost cause. Enjoy. 

I’m sure the hundred or so people made asses of themselves and left out of self embarrassment. Yeah that’s the ticket. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣 For goodness sake, maybe you should man up and admit you are part of the problem. I don’t really care either way, but for you to pretend it’s a mystery is just too rich. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣

Circle jerk your were saying?  I will say I have never conspired with another person to “dislike” every post on a forum of people I didn’t like over the better part of a year. Look at you 2 running to each other’s defense. This is delicious. 

Btw- you use emoji’s like. 12 year old girl. It’s off putting. 

• Ybabpmuts
    Options

It's off putting is friggin hilarious!

Well done
  • littlerascal56
    Options

Circle jerk your were saying?  I will say I have never conspired with another person to “dislike” every post on a forum of people I didn’t like over the better part of a year. Look at you 2 running to each other’s defense. This is delicious. 

Cen-Tex…you sound just like John Dildoe…are you one of his troll accounts???  If not, perhaps you can go get your wife’s purse, and reach inside and grab your balls. Evidently she (or JIC) have owned them for the past couple of years!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Has anyone seen @Buckwoody Egger tonight?  Asking for a friend…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Lol John!!!  Keep me outta the scrapes!!  That was a little random out but I will respond. 

I have never understood the approach of simultaneously pitying and insulting another member. To me that is “punching down” which is lame.  Without the melodrama of being my own historian it does feel like my only digs are against public figures and not forum members. 

What I would like to offer the collective on the insult game topic— no one is as small and worthless as someone else would like people to believe. So have fun with the scrapes if it’s the only entertainment possible but it feels like there is a higher common denominator available. 

For each of the recently assaulted, there are redeeming qualities that get lost when the bullying goes back and forth. Said another way— most people put on an episode of Jerry Springer will end up acting like the episode wants them to act. How about we avoid trying to put people in that corner?
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I am quite sure @Buckwoody Egger has better things to do than engage with those who have been called out by the Buffalo (in a very strategic and well played move).
    Since the dislikeowarts are here and now the attempt to salvage any self-worth is on full display.
    I'm here to tell you "No chance of salvation."  You own it. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

Nor have I. Never contacted anyone nor has anyone contacted me. I do believe there is a bunch of you that do communicate about the forum and people. I do not speak for the other guy nor have I ever discussed anything in here with him. Can you say the same for yourself and any of the others? 
  • pgprescott
    Options

Thanks again for the compliment as that was intentional as well. I figured I’d get to your level. 😁😁😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Legume
    Options

Nor have I. Never contacted anyone nor has anyone contacted me. I do believe there is a bunch of you that do communicate about the forum and people. I do not speak for the other guy nor have I ever discussed anything in here with him. Can you say the same for yourself and any of the others? 
    I think the word you're looking for is friends. I know many people on this forum are friends outside of the forum, whether that's texts or phone calls or hanging out in person.  I keep up with several by text or phone or in person.  Speaking only for my experience, I don't think you or the forum are the topic of conversation you think you are.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Thanks again for the compliment as that was intentional as well. I figured I’d get to your level. 😁😁😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    if you think this is some sort of win for you, I would hate to see your losses. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    I have no friends anymore. My last friend rubbed me the wrong way down at the crick on our monthly wash day. It was awful, first he threw a water lilly in my face and next thing you know my swim trunks are gone and he's trying to raise the old jolly Roger. I' m fifty seven, it was swamped and not coming back up, which meant I lost my swim trunks for nothing. f pirates