Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,223
    Options
    Met up with some friends who live in UK via South Africa.  I did not realize how serious the Royalists take this coronation.  We had a very lively discussion about Charles, Camilla, Meghan, and Diana.  Let's just say I was on the side of the American Princesses, and the Royalists are not.  We all ended as friends and I very much enjoyed their perspective.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options
    This is just a shot in the dark. I thought I would ask here because this thread gets a good many views. Anybody got an old Simington 450 (not the 451) grinder in the barn or shed that you want to sell? I don’t care if it’s working or not. I want it more for the parts than anything else. 
    If anyone has one, or if you know someone who has one they will part with give me a shout. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,552
    Options
    Do frogs yawn?  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,050
    Options
    Here's a short on a Kool-Aid pork butt. I honestly thought this experiment was going into a crock pot for views. She cooked a legit Kool-Aid pork butt!

https://youtube.com/shorts/DBRH5kYgEMI?feature=share
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,880
    Options
    Just taking a quick breather from all the bowing, stooping and general serf-ish behaviour as befits my lowly status.
    I appreciate a lot of you look sideways upon our illustrious head of state institution, but I will ask you this; is yours the youngest you've had in the last twenty years?
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,086
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Just taking a quick breather from all the bowing, stooping and general serf-ish behaviour as befits my lowly status.
    I appreciate a lot of you look sideways upon our illustrious head of state institution, but I will ask you this; is yours the youngest you've had in the last twenty years?
    We appear to be focused on other aspects of yesterday’s events:

We do have short attention spans on this side of the pond, you know.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,435
    Options

This duck laying on her eggs in crotch of a tree maybe 7 feet off the ground.... Poor ducklings as they take their first or second step. 

This duck has also been motoring pool painting progress. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

I must have been stooping and bowing when all that excitement happened. 
    What were the Police’s tough calls?  If it was the protesters the only options are persuade them away or gently walk with them to the waiting van. 
    That’s how we do it here.   A bit like in Canada I guess, but not the French bit - obviously. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

What were the Police’s tough calls?  If it was the protesters the only options are persuade them away or gently walk with them to the waiting van. 
    That’s how we do it here.   A bit like in Canada I guess, but not the French bit - obviously. 
    I'm not sure.  I didn't click on any of the articles, because like most Americans, I couldn't care less about the British monarchy.  I seem to recall something about us fighting and winning some kind of a war for the right to be able to not give an F, you know?
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Replaced the bands on my XL- less painful process than I expected. She’s all set for another
    11 years. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I'm not sure.  I didn't click on any of the articles, because like most Americans, I couldn't care less about the British monarchy.  I seem to recall something about us fighting and winning some kind of a war for the right to be able to not give an F, you know?
    I get it, it's all in the past.  At least we've still got Vanuatu (well sort of)

But did you see this?

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

I get it, it's all in the past.  At least we've still got Vanuatu (well sort of)

But did you see this?

I hadn't seen that.

Totally unrelated question: when did marijuana become legal in the UK?  
  • Ragingirishman2
    Options
    Just finished the 6th seasoning. I’m going to cook up some onions tonight before getting the first official cook in later this week

XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    I hadn't seen that.

Totally unrelated question: when did marijuana become legal in the UK?  
    The day the walrus sang to us and the fish sent rainbow kisses from the crimson sky.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,376
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

But did you see this?

I don’t know, I’ve seen this was Megan. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Options
    Meal prepping this weeks lunch. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ragingirishman2
    Options
    Just finished the 6th seasoning. I’m going to cook up some onions tonight before getting the first official cook in later this week

I got mine put together last weekend. I did four runs on the seasoning initially. I’ve cooked a couple of packs of bacon for breakfasts since. I’m pretty happy with it. Made the kids some French toast this morning. Threw a couple of eggs on for mine. So far super easy. 

I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I just did some chicken fajitas with pepper jack cheese.  The onions did great but the chicken stuck a little. SWMBO really liked it and requested a chicken teriyaki sandwich later this week.
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I was waiting for the dragon to burst forth from the pit and eat everyone.  Alas, I was disappointed.

Anyway, this was an amazing weekend.  An F1 race, a derby, and some old git got a crown.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,715
    Options
    Me: Where is that little ladder you had out earlier?
    Swmbo: I put it away.
    Me: What did you do with that little ladder?
    Swmbo: It is in the closet.
    Me: laughing.
    Swmbo: What you live here you should know where stuff is!

Almost 20 years and I still don't speak her language.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,568
    Options
    @alaskanassasin - wish I could both "agree" and "like" as that is a glimpse of the "Venus-Mars" deal.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Options
    Making food.

Allegedly. 
    Las Vegas, NV