Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    lousubcap said:
    This with CHEETOS.  Only on a special occasion would I pair the two.  I will finish the CHEETOS and then continue to enjoy the juice.
    Hopefully get to pair CHEETOS with two more offerings soon!
    How sweet it is!
    Enlighten me, what do Cheetos have to do with bourbon?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    lousubcap said:
    This with CHEETOS.  Only on a special occasion would I pair the two.  I will finish the CHEETOS and then continue to enjoy the juice.
    How sweet it is!
    CHEETO is what Frank calls the former guy, but you knew that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    lousubcap said:
    How sweet it is!
    CHEETO is what Frank calls the former guy, but you knew that.
    I guess I miss the point of what he has to do with Eagle Rare or bourbon. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I don’t get it either.  Maybe eagles and Cheetos don’t play nice normally.

Yesterday was a cause for celebration for the first of hopefully three indictments.  I said that when it happened I would be celebrating by enjoying Cheetos the snack food.  I also wanted to toast the event with a fine pour.  There you have it.
    I have a few other fine pours waiting to pair with the snack food as this continues to play out. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    edited March 2023
    lousubcap said:
    Yesterday was a cause for celebration for the first of hopefully three indictments.  I said that when it happened I would be celebrating by enjoying Cheetos the snack food.  I also wanted to toast the event with a fine pour.  There you have it.
    I have a few other fine pours waiting to pair with the snack food as this continues to play out. 
    Gotchya.  I have spent the last couple of weeks not consuming anything news, TV, internet or the likes.  Have been trying to refocus myself into the present moment if you will.  So I had no idea of what you were talking about.  I honestly thought I had missed some new trend of eating Cheetos with your bourbon.  I remember eating pickles and drinking pickle juice with your bourbon was a thing for a hot minute a couple years ago.  I think I will now go back into my hole of ignorance...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    lousubcap said:
    Gotchya.  I have spent the last couple of weeks not consuming anything news, TV, internet or the likes.  Have been trying to refocus myself into the present moment if you will.  So I had no idea of what you were talking about.  I honestly thought I had missed some new trend of eating Cheetos with your bourbon.  I remember eating pickles and drinking pickle juice with your bourbon was a thing for a hot minute a couple years ago.  I think I will now go back into my hole of ignorance...
    That’s a smart move, something I should do.   Between trump indictments, Biden Chinese payouts, mass shootings, etc I need to tune out all news.  

Don’t know anything about Cheetos so maybe that should be a new point of focus/attention.   

Or I should research bourbon? 🤷‍♂️
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • JohnInCarolina

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 579
    @JohnInCarolina I assume that brewery specializes in IPA's? They always look fantastic when you post them.
  • JohnInCarolina
    FrostyEgg said:
    @JohnInCarolina I assume that brewery specializes in IPA's? They always look fantastic when you post them.
    They specialize in DIPAs actually.  It’s Other Half brewery.  Beer Advocate has this one as a 98:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/33510/394153/

Check them out. They’re shipping now to a lot of states.  I think they’re doing something really special.  
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg said:
    They specialize in DIPAs actually.  It’s Other Half brewery.  Beer Advocate has this one as a 98:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/33510/394153/

Check them out. They’re shipping now to a lot of states.  I think they’re doing something really special.  
    Awesome, i'll check them out!

I have a brewery local to me that's really crushing the IPA game too. Here's my favorite double from them called Blissful Ignorance.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/40035/245806/?ba=MonDak_Joe1953
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @Dobie - sweet buy.  For the MSRP price point that is about as good as it gets.  Enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    Dobie said:

Yes sir, nice and reliable
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    edited April 2023
    lousubcap said:
    @Dobie - sweet buy.  For the MSRP price point that is about as good as it gets.  Enjoy!
    It’s great and a nice value, but for me Buffalo Trace at $26 can’t be beat. But I only find it a couple times a year here, 4R readily available. This one from Costco. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Four Roses is one of my favorite find on any shelf in any liquor store out there. I do like others brands but 4R is very difficult to beat for the price and its availability.
  • FrostyEgg
    bbracey21 said:
    Four Roses is one of my favorite find on any shelf in any liquor store out there. I do like others brands but 4R is very difficult to beat for the price and its availability.
    5 years ago I made this statement about Buffalo Trace...how times have changed...
  • FrostyEgg
    edited April 2023
    Forgot how hot this stuff drank. Had it buried in the cabinet for a reason apparently. 

Knob Creek single barrel select at 120 proof. 

I wish it drank at 120. I’ve had some excellent barrel proofs, and this is rough. Idk who selected this, but ooof, glad I caught it on a deal. 

EDIT: If anyone wants a sample and can tell me how to send them one let me know, this is the first bottle at this price point I've genuinely been disappointed in.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    bbracey21 said:
    4 roses small batch and small batch select also great finds for reasonable prices. 
  • ThrasherIII
    ThrasherIII Posts: 252
    lousubcap said:
    That’s a smart move, something I should do.   Between trump indictments, Biden Chinese payouts, mass shootings, etc I need to tune out all news.  

Don’t know anything about Cheetos so maybe that should be a new point of focus/attention.   

Or I should research bourbon? 🤷‍♂️
    I going with Bourbon, & Beer. After all lawn care, woodworking and consumption of the other will take care of my time. I find the discomfort from stupidity almost disappears😁
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    bbracey21 said:

How was this?
    I liked it. Been on a hazy kick lately. Didn’t like it as much as their Hazy 710 but that one is a Pale Ale and I usually enjoy pales more than IPAs. Their 420 is in my top 3 beers. 
    Costco sells their “tacklebox” which is a 24 pk - 6 of these each for under $40. And these are the 16 oz pint cans which I love. 
  • JohnInCarolina

• TechsasJim

The description on the can sounds amazing.    
  • JohnInCarolina

The description on the can sounds amazing.    
    It’s a 99 on Beer Advocate.  Doesn’t get much better.  Cheers man!
  • TechsasJim
    This is what I get for listening to Chris Stapleton and watching college baseball Sunday afternoon

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I made this exact comment to Nola’s fish fry but I think it applies here as well….

Ho Lee Fuk!!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .