Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Sitting in a downtown Pittsburgh hotel listening to a street musician play the saxophone at 9pm outside. I give them points, pretty decent and sure beats the noise of traffic and airplanes. Reminds me of being in Nola. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I'm a 133 million views late but I think I may have found perfection!

https://youtu.be/PD-MdiUm1_Y

Like they say, "My neighbors listen to good music whether they like it or not."

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    WeberWho said:

When I was in junior high a music professor built a house across the street. He mounted outdoor speakers on pine trees and we got to listen to classical music whether we liked it or not.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    WeberWho said:

When I was in junior high a music professor built a house across the street. He mounted outdoor speakers on pine trees and we got to listen to classical music whether we liked it or not.
    Thought this was @fishlessman 's comment.  That is unexpected and hilarious.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    Report from the hellscape that is NYC:

sniper on the roof....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Replaced basement toilet seal yesterday, went with a "new, improved" design instead of traditional wax.  Time will tell on longevity.  It's forgiving if adjustment is needed after initial setting, which usually happens for me.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    Acn said:

After a week in our rental, I feel like I live my life 1/4 mile at a time.
    in Atlanta, those are sold at 18% interest rates and a bag of weed in the trunk
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• fishlessman
    dbCooper said:
    Replaced basement toilet seal yesterday, went with a "new, improved" design instead of traditional wax.  Time will tell on longevity.  It's forgiving if adjustment is needed after initial setting, which usually happens for me.

used something similar when doing the bathroom over. made it extremely easy to pull it apart several times when rippin the floor, sub floor, some rafters etc then putting everything back. pain when theres only one in the house.
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    ☝️👍

I will be helping my son in law change out his toilet soon and he's never been introduced to the joy that is the wax ring. I like this kind of progress.
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    ☝️👍

I will be helping my son in law change out his toilet soon and he's never been introduced to the joy that is the wax ring. I like this kind of progress.

if he is changing out the bowl, the totos have mounts that mount to the floor and the bowl screws are horizontal and mostly flush. no more messing with the broken cast iron flange mounts. no more flapper chains either, so much easier all around.
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Legume said:
    ☝️👍

if he is changing out the bowl, the totos have mounts that mount to the floor and the bowl screws are horizontal and mostly flush. no more messing with the broken cast iron flange mounts. no more flapper chains either, so much easier all around.
    I like that
    Legume said:
    ☝️👍

I like that

i think its just with the dual flush models.  the flush mechanism installs by hand with a quarter turn and all floor bolting is hidden.
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    ☝️👍

What the!?  Toilet sounds like it will pretty much change itself at that point.  Will definitely be looking into Totos next time.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Legume said:
    ☝️👍

What the!?  Toilet sounds like it will pretty much change itself at that point.  Will definitely be looking into Totos next time.
    I just put two Toto’s in my GF’s house. And just for fun to see how long it would go before needing cleaned she one alone. 3 months. Never even got a ring in the bowl from the water. I have to admit. I’m a firm believer in their quality.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Jstroke said:
    I just put two Toto’s in my GF’s house. And just for fun to see how long it would go before needing cleaned she one alone. 3 months. Never even got a ring in the bowl from the water. I have to admit. I’m a firm believer in their quality.
    What feature keeps it clean?  I'm all ears!  

EDIT:  Never mind, I read up on amazoid, and have ordered a Tornado Flush™ t-shirt!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Ohtani - you da man!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    I guess Houston is not liked ? Man, ask a simple question 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2023
    lkapigian said:
    I guess Houston is not liked ? Man, ask a simple question 

I don't think it was 'Houston' that is the issue. Pretty sure they are very sad and jealous because their mother won't let them out of the basement to do fun things like travel, go out to eat, fly in a plane, or see sunshine.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Concrete jungle baby
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    HeavyG said:
    Ohtani - you da man!
    Just watched the at-bat.  Maybe it is best we never see Trout in a playoff.  It would ruin his mystique.  That was perhaps the single most consequential at-bat he will ever have, and he choked.  Didn't even make contact.  Ohtani absolutely owned him.

Better to never know than be the next Bill Buckner or Clayton Kershaw.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Legume
    HeavyG said:
    Ohtani - you da man!
    Just watched the at-bat.  Maybe it is best we never see Trout in a playoff.  It would ruin his mystique.  That was perhaps the single most consequential at-bat he will ever have, and he choked.  Didn't even make contact.  Ohtani absolutely owned him.

Two of the best right there and they're stuck on that team.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Legume said:
    HeavyG said:
    Ohtani - you da man!

Ohtani is just on another level entirely.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    HeavyG said:
    Ohtani - you da man!

Ohtani is just on another level entirely.
    The fact that we have, perhaps, the two best players on a single team and that team refuses to win is very interesting.  Really show how much of a team sport baseball is.  Also, how much coaching and strategy is a major part.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Baseball fans have been rewarded with seeing the most dominant player (yes considering George Herman Ruth) to ever grace the US baseball scene.  Strike while the iron is hot. 
    A couple of years ago I told my adult sons to make sure and watch him because you will be seeing history written before your eyes.
    And so it is!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Report from the hellscape that is NYC:

@JohnInCarolina - how 'bout an update regarding your non work perceptions of NYC now? 
    And are the shysters selling viewing tix to the soon (hopefully) to happen clown show??  Inquiring minds want to know...
    Stay healthy and safe out there and enjoy the environment-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    I can't believe JIC went to NYC just for the perp walk.