Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Comments

• We can buy alkyhol 24/7 here in Hardin county. 

How come I see all these Kentucky Bourbons like what @saluki2007
    has but I have never heard of it?
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    Show offs.    Hahaha.   

Hey, we can now buy beer/wine at 10:00 on Sunday’s.    Yay….
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    We can buy alkyhol 24/7 here in Hardin county. 

The 2XO is a new release. I believe it came out sometime in November 2022. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• We can buy alkyhol 24/7 here in Hardin county. 

The 2XO is a new release. I believe it came out sometime in November 2022. 
    I googled it. Not sure why I missed it on the bottle in your pic, but it's a blend. 
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • saluki2007
    Kind of all over the place tonight. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• A whiskey group I’m in did a MM pick and I picked up my bottle today. The name is 100% accurate and the finish is long. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Based on a suggestion from @pgprescott and recognizing a totally not necessary response to the Ridge wallet sent to @Ozzie_Isaac (the glass and a set of four whiskey stones):

@pgprescott called it as he thought I would enjoy as I like the BBC Fusion series (#7 for the win so far).
    Thanks to you both.  Very helpful members here!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    lousubcap said:
    Based on a suggestion from @pgprescott and recognizing a totally not necessary response to the Ridge wallet sent to @Ozzie_Isaac (the glass and a set of four whiskey stones):

@pgprescott called it as he thought I would enjoy as I like the BBC Fusion series (#7 for the win so far).
    Thanks to you both.  Very helpful members here!

Glad the glass arrived, and didn't leak ;)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    It does have a noticeable hole but only on  one side so I have challenged myself to take advantage of that design flaw.  B)  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Prepping for my meeting tonight. My bourbon group hosts a fundraiser for local veterans. $50 ticket gets you 3 pours, door prize entry and a paddle for the live auction. Last year we raised over $15,000 (with only 56 guests)

this year we are having to bundle auction packages due to lack of availability of our personal unicorns. The foundation solely relies on the 6 of us to contribute for the live auction. I’ll post the proposed auction items in a bit for your thoughts. 
  • ColbyLang
    Here we go:

1) 3 Buffalo Trace store picks along with 3 Eagle Rare store picks

2) 6 year old purple top Willet Bourbon

3) George T Stagg

4) Mid Winter Night’s Dram

5) Old Carter Batch 2-LA

6) Elmer T Lee and a Blanton’s store pick

7) Elijah Craig 18, Toasted Barrel, and Barrel Proof store pick

8) Weller Antique, Weller Full Proof and a Weller 12

9) 4 Roses 2022 Small Batch Release Barrel Strength

10) EH Taylor Small Batch and EHT Barrel Proof

also contemplating adding a Hirsch Cask Strength to the fold
  • That is a great lineup of bottles and worthy of the cause. Good luck at the auction. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • lousubcap
    Great endeavor right there and impressive auction offerings, as well.  You travel in a very generous circle as measured by your donation.  
    Way to step up and make a difference.  
  • ColbyLang
    lousubcap said:
    Great endeavor right there and impressive auction offerings, as well.  You travel in a very generous circle as measured by your donation.  
    Way to step up and make a difference.  
    Thanks for the kind words. I don’t think our $15,000 even scratches the surface of veterans needs, but it’s a start. 
  • lousubcap
    As I said yesterday, you and your friends are doing some great work right there.  Hope the auction generates way more than anticipated. 
    Yes, some sweet offerings you guys served up.  
  • Was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a good bottle to purchase. Wife bought me a decanter set and I’d like to put something nicer than jack Daniel’s in it.

My normal drink is jack Daniel’s with a splash of water. Not a big fan of Canadian whiskey and I’ve had some scotch’s that I like but for the most part I just drink bourbon. 

I figure a good budget is in the 100 dollar range (definitely open to lower if it’s good!) 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited February 2023
    Was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a good bottle to purchase. Wife bought me a decanter set and I’d like to put something nicer than jack Daniel’s in it.

My normal drink is jack Daniel’s with a splash of water. Not a big fan of Canadian whiskey and I’ve had some scotch’s that I like but for the most part I just drink bourbon. 

I figure a good budget is in the 100 dollar range (definitely open to lower if it’s good!) 
    4 Roses Single Barrel.  Best bourbon for the price.  Rivals bottles at significantly higher prices.  Usually runs around $50/bottle.

A bottle I find overlooked a lot is Brother Bond.  
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColbyLang
    Sub $100, I’d look for Eagle Rare, 4 roses single barrel, Buffalo Trace, Idle Hands, or New Riff Single Barrel
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Also consider Knob Creek single barrel’s and 12yr offerings. Elijah Craig is great value. Russell’s reserve single barrel, Kentucky Spirit or Russell’s 10yr are all phenomenal. Old Forester 1910 and 1920 are readily available and great. Heaven Hill bottled in bond. EH Taylor if you can find it. Early Times bottled in bond. The 1792 lineup is solid top to bottom. 

These are in addition to the ones mentioned by the others. 

Decisions Decisions Decisions 🥃😁
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    if you normally drink jack, i would just fill it with some bulleit rye for a change of pace.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    Any above plus 4 Roses Small Batch Select.  However, since you are gonna drink it, if Jack is the beverage of choice then  why not load it up with that?  
  • saluki2007
    Surprised no one mention Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Surprised no one mention Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select. 
    Just have had a couple of those for the first time tonight. Pretty bueno! 

I tried some of that Taylor a year ago (a sipping shot) and I did not enjoy it. Way too high in alcohol. Damn near like everclear to me. Very interested in all the other suggestions, I really appreciate it. I know a lot of people with buffalo trace, I’ll give that a taste as well. The others I can’t say I’ve heard of besides four roses (never tried though). 
  • lousubcap said:
    Any above plus 4 Roses Small Batch Select.  However, since you are gonna drink it, if Jack is the beverage of choice then  why not load it up with that?  
    I would have, but not high class enough according to my wife ha ha
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Grab another whiskey from Tennessee.  Belle Meade has several good offerings, they're higher in rye than JD, so they will be a nice change up.
  • Was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a good bottle to purchase. Wife bought me a decanter set and I’d like to put something nicer than jack Daniel’s in it.

4 Roses Single Barrel.  Best bourbon for the price.  Rivals bottles at significantly higher prices.  Usually runs around $50/bottle.

A bottle I find overlooked a lot is
    heaven hills old fitzgerald or larceny